S1 Faderport Editor

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Here's a Win 7/8 app to map actions to 12 of the FaderPort's buttons on the shift toggle, for Studio One users with a FaderPort.

FaderPort Editor 215kb

Click the help icon for use instructions. It includes a default.fpp map file with my custom mappings as listed below.

Cool! Thank you! :)
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Updated to use macros and to allow searching actions and cleaned up the UI a bit.
Download 0.0.0.6

Man I wish something like this would exist for Cubase, and the BCR series. But nah, we got the outstanding "generic remote". :roll:

Really love your projects, LawrenceF.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote:Man I wish something like this would exist for Cubase, and the BCR series. But nah, we got the outstanding "generic remote". :roll:
Cubase has it built in already for the Faderport ... well... Nuendo 5 does anyway... which kind of inspired the project because I wanted to do that in S1, having only recently got a Faderport.

But yeah, in N5 you can assign any action to any button directly in the Faderport setup screen. No clue about the BCR.

Really love your projects...
Thanks, appreciated. I tend to spend less time whinging and more time problem solving, when I can anyway. TBH, most of this stuff is probably "meh" for many, but it helps me so I share it. I've stuck my foot in the door with Reaper's scripting and API also but I can't ever get motivated. :(

The BCR can only be properly used as Generic Remote. The "Mackie Mode" mod is just crap IMO.
And setting up a Generic Remote is a PITA for each plugin, and you're limited to a specific insert slot. Which is why I streamlined my workflow to having specific plugins in specific slots.

Or... maybe that NYRV Agent Project can solve all those issues.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Very nice. Thank you.

You're welcome.

Here's a web app of the same tool, for the Mac guys who can't run the standalone tool anyway. It works but it requires copy and paste (you'll see when you create one), no direct downloads due to my server doing the "Magic Quotes" php thing on the xml files when I write them and screwing them up. I'll sort that out later if I find time.

Anyway, my Javascript is pretty rusty so this wasn't nearly as easy as I imagined when I sat down to do it and I only really tested it in Chrome and Firefox. Consider it a beta.

http://theaudiocave.com/tools/

Amazing! Cheers for this, somewhat a dream of mine to map the fader port this is awesome!
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/Take 5/ASM Hydrasynth
Korg Prologue16\Behringer DM12D/Pro-800/Meris Pedals

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”