Fabfilter Pro-Q 2!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Pro-Q 3

Mushy Mushy wrote:
Harry_HH wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote:50% CPU usage on an already light VST. Sold.

+ added sexiness: sold sold sold.
Have you really already sold yours?
?

ProQ1 still have and adore.

Curious about your qn.
I was obviously just confused of the many "sold" words... :party:

Harry_HH wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote:
Harry_HH wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote:50% CPU usage on an already light VST. Sold.

+ added sexiness: sold sold sold.
Have you really already sold yours?
?

ProQ1 still have and adore.

Curious about your qn.
I was obviously just confused of the many "sold" words... :party:
Hehe

Sold :D
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Sampleconstruct wrote:
Harry_HH wrote:As a owner of the Pro-Q 1 I've used the Pro-Q 2 demo now few days - I have to say that I consider carefully how the spend my euros: what are the feature which really give me added value.
Today Melda "maddnes" announced MAutoDynamicEq for 49 euros which is about the same amount I would pay for the Pro-Q 2 update. Of course these products are different, but that's my point - do I need e.g. the linear phase mode more than the dynamic side-chain? Pro-Q 2 is beautiful but one of the most waited update feature, scalable size was at least to me a small dissapointment, full screen mode for those who use just one screen and operate using mouse is not most practical, and the two other plugin sizes are both too small (or the difference to the Pro-Q 1 is not very big, to me).
Harry
MAutoDynamicEq is a fantastic piece of software, but if you need more than 7 static or dynamic bands/nodes you're stuck, so I wouldn't say either or concerning Melda/Pro-Q. Also setting up the shapes/curves etc. works faster in Pro-Q than it does in the MAutoDyn. I like combining both, for dynamic equing it can't get much better imo, definitly better than the Sonalksis EQ1/DQ1 which were my gotos before I got the Melda one.
I too am a MDynamicEQ user and it has definitely improved of late with a better interface and some improvements that Vojtech made after discussions I've had with him in the Melda forum regarding interchannel triggering and linking etc.

The only issue I have with it is the amount of clicks required and going back and forth between different panels constantly which is a real deal breaker when I have a lot of mastering on. Particularly in mixes that need a lot of spot corrections. The CPU requirements are pretty steep too which adds considerable time to rendering.

I am considering jumping on the MAutodynamic eq now if it is just 49 euros as it has threshold controls on the main interface which would speed things up a bit. Thanks for the heads up Harry HH! :)

I would love to get the Brainworx one but it is pricey and doesn't have multiple bands which is a shame.

Whoever makes a dynamic EQ that has all of Melda's features but in a more useable GUI will be getting my dollars/pounds/euros immediately!

Cheers

Scorb

Edited for typos.
I once thought I had mono for an entire year. It turned out I was just really bored...

Apparently, the following was brought to my attention:
whyterabbyt wrote:"Go back to the ProQ thread and apologise for doing what you're complaining about in this thread"
elxsound wrote:I don't like the idea of jumping into a thread like this, but I agree an apology is in order if you are serious about being taken seriously with this new thread of yours Compyfox.

One final statement:

I apologize for not meeting the standards of the Fabfilter fanbase to blindly agree with everything what is being said, or being offered to you.

I apologize for quoting a support tech of DMG Audio after I asked the question "do you need to step to this?" - this was a private conversation, it didn't belong to the public. I learned my lesson - period.

I will not(!) apologize to what I was writing

I will not apologize to the occurrence that people insist I stated "Fabfilter is not pro" - since I've actually never said that in this form. What I said was the following from this post:
So the company that actually "catched up" was Fabfilter in this case. Though Spectrum Grab / Autogain is not a main selling point for me/IMO.

But I kind of see it similar with a comment I got through mail from a befriended engineer:
Fabfilter is more for the hobbyist's/pro-sumer market, DMGAudio is more aiming at the (technical) pro-market only.

I can kind of agree on that. Even if the prices are somewhat similar.
Which is in no way defamatory, but the "userbase" didn't actually agree with that for the slightest bit. What is pretty much always forgotten in this equation, is that Fabfilter generally has a lower sale price and a different focus on their customers than DMG Audio has. Fabfilter is (IMO!) more about fast editing, usability, quick access. Something that the hobbyists, pro-sumer and professionals actually prefer and better click with it. The tinkerers among us might favor DMG Audio.

And this is what this quote was about.

Actually, I'm fairly sure that the developers give a sh*t about this bantering and are rather having a slight laugh, while trading pictures between each other of their last vacation/meetup.

I will not apologize to the comment:
Looks like a normal "we need further income" procedure to me.
from this post which was being laid out as negative "money grab" statement. The plugin saw free updates for 5 years - it's the developers decision to ask for a paid update. Whether or not it is fair, lies on a whole different ballpark (see comments by other users, that are puzzled by the upgrade fees).

I will not apologize for from then on following derailing, as all I did was merely defending myself. The "attackers" however, instead of being the wise and saying "not worth it - it's just a comment", enjoyed this ride. So if one is to blame, it's them.

Furthermore:
I want to see a public apology by those users, that digged up dirty laundry in form of "he's using x-gear, his page is x-years old and his last job was xyz - he can't be pro - I'm peeing my pants".

I have absolutely zero respect for such users that hide behind aliases on a webboard. Those people constantly think they can pull off every crap - stalk others, "insist" that the person that they are stalking is constantly in the wrong, force them over the edge, force those people to be banned off of a community. Or otherweise force these people to "publicly apologize".

You - are the real bullies on KVRaudio.

You won't see me leaving KVRaudio, or bow down to your rulership.
I will always be in threads, stating my personal opinion. And you might not like it.

Don't like my comments, ignore my posts, argue in a respectful manner, or simply put me on the "foe" list. The options are there.

Much respect to Fabfilter - no respect for some of it's customers.
With that said - this topic is over for me.

Want to fence anything further out with me - contact me through PM.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compy

I did apologise but it wasn't acknowledged, nor was anything else I highlighted about comments you've been making which others have as much right as you to be offended by.

Not much of an incentive for anyone else to apologise really hey?

This forum isn't about you, it's about plugins.

Take a day off, honestly.

Scorb
I once thought I had mono for an entire year. It turned out I was just really bored...

You don't understand it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"A pig that doesn't fly is just a pig."

Expected as much.
Can't make it right for anybody - especially not the "white vest egos".

Whatever you do, you're wrong.
KVR in a nutshell.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Sampleconstruct wrote:
Harry_HH wrote:As a owner of the Pro-Q 1 I've used the Pro-Q 2 demo now few days - I have to say that I consider carefully how the spend my euros: what are the feature which really give me added value.
Today Melda "maddnes" announced MAutoDynamicEq for 49 euros which is about the same amount I would pay for the Pro-Q 2 update. Of course these products are different, but that's my point - do I need e.g. the linear phase mode more than the dynamic side-chain? Pro-Q 2 is beautiful but one of the most waited update feature, scalable size was at least to me a small dissapointment, full screen mode for those who use just one screen and operate using mouse is not most practical, and the two other plugin sizes are both too small (or the difference to the Pro-Q 1 is not very big, to me).
Harry
MAutoDynamicEq is a fantastic piece of software, but if you need more than 7 static or dynamic bands/nodes you're stuck, so I wouldn't say either or concerning Melda/Pro-Q. Also setting up the shapes/curves etc. works faster in Pro-Q than it does in the MAutoDyn. I like combining both, for dynamic equing it can't get much better imo, definitly better than the Sonalksis EQ1/DQ1 which were my gotos before I got the Melda one.
Same workflow for me too Simon, FF Pro Q 2 is so quick and CPU friendly, use the Melda for the dynamic side of things.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

I love the keyboard mode. :love:
What i always liked about Fabfilter,i never had any issues with them,CPU light and rock solid stable.

Btw.Pro-Q 2 is consuming more CPU using steep slopes but that's understandable.
|\/| _ o _ |\ |__ o
| |__> |(_ | \(_/_|

Compyfox wrote:Apparently, the following was brought to my attention:
whyterabbyt wrote:"Go back to the ProQ thread and apologise for doing what you're complaining about in this thread"
elxsound wrote:I don't like the idea of jumping into a thread like this, but I agree an apology is in order if you are serious about being taken seriously with this new thread of yours Compyfox.

One final statement:

I apologize for not meeting the standards of the Fabfilter fanbase to blindly agree with everything what is being said, or being offered to you.

I apologize for quoting a support tech of DMG Audio after I asked the question "do you need to step to this?" - this was a private conversation, it didn't belong to the public. I learned my lesson - period.

I will not(!) apologize to what I was writing

I will not apologize to the occurrence that people insist I stated "Fabfilter is not pro" - since I've actually never said that in this form. What I said was the following from this post:
So the company that actually "catched up" was Fabfilter in this case. Though Spectrum Grab / Autogain is not a main selling point for me/IMO.

But I kind of see it similar with a comment I got through mail from a befriended engineer:
Fabfilter is more for the hobbyist's/pro-sumer market, DMGAudio is more aiming at the (technical) pro-market only.

I can kind of agree on that. Even if the prices are somewhat similar.
Which is in no way defamatory, but the "userbase" didn't actually agree with that for the slightest bit. What is pretty much always forgotten in this equation, is that Fabfilter generally has a lower sale price and a different focus on their customers than DMG Audio has. Fabfilter is (IMO!) more about fast editing, usability, quick access. Something that the hobbyists, pro-sumer and professionals actually prefer and better click with it. The tinkerers among us might favor DMG Audio.

And this is what this quote was about.

Actually, I'm fairly sure that the developers give a sh*t about this bantering and are rather having a slight laugh, while trading pictures between each other of their last vacation/meetup.

I will not apologize to the comment:
Looks like a normal "we need further income" procedure to me.
from this post which was being laid out as negative "money grab" statement. The plugin saw free updates for 5 years - it's the developers decision to ask for a paid update. Whether or not it is fair, lies on a whole different ballpark (see comments by other users, that are puzzled by the upgrade fees).

I will not apologize for from then on following derailing, as all I did was merely defending myself. The "attackers" however, instead of being the wise and saying "not worth it - it's just a comment", enjoyed this ride. So if one is to blame, it's them.

Furthermore:
I want to see a public apology by those users, that digged up dirty laundry in form of "he's using x-gear, his page is x-years old and his last job was xyz - he can't be pro - I'm peeing my pants".

I have absolutely zero respect for such users that hide behind aliases on a webboard. Those people constantly think they can pull off every crap - stalk others, "insist" that the person that they are stalking is constantly in the wrong, force them over the edge, force those people to be banned off of a community. Or otherweise force these people to "publicly apologize".

You - are the real bullies on KVRaudio.

You won't see me leaving KVRaudio, or bow down to your rulership.
I will always be in threads, stating my personal opinion. And you might not like it.

Don't like my comments, ignore my posts, argue in a respectful manner, or simply put me on the "foe" list. The options are there.

Much respect to Fabfilter - no respect for some of it's customers.
With that said - this topic is over for me.

Want to fence anything further out with me - contact me through PM.
I only have one thing to say ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Si0De9P97Q

OK, I lied. I really love FabFilter Pro-Q 2's full screen mode. It's AWESOME!
Bitwig Certified Trainer

Had my first couple of hours using ProQ2. Until now nothing fancy done with it, mostly locuts. Here and there a little MS for stereo signals.

The autogain feature hasn't really worked well with just locutting stuff. Locut some hihats that had some low level rumble and the autogain bumped the gain +2 to +3. So I turned it off and gain staged myself again. I had the same issue with Slick EQ GE.

The sound hasn't changed, at least I didn't notice anything. But I didn't also do a comprehensive A/B tests. I was just locutting unnecessary frequencies. That shouldn't alter the sound anyway in a remarkable way ;) The slight MS-EQing, I did, didn't show me a day and night sound improvement over v1. When I switched the MS-processing to natural phase I had the feeling it sounded better. Again no real ABing done here, so I guess this is just psychological ;)

I love the new steeper slopes and the "bigger" analyzer. I still have to get used to the new analyzer, but it's definitely better.

I noticed that the default setting with Logic X 10.0.7 on Mavericks 10.9.4 is not remembering the window size. And once I had a crash in full screen mode. I couldn't reproduce it and I didn't check what caused it for real. Maybe it was something else interfering.
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

People, stop feeding compyfox. Put "compyfox" on your ignore list. -> Anti social trouble solved.

Whoever makes a dynamic EQ that has all of Melda's features but in a more useable GUI will be getting my dollars/pounds/euros immediately!
FabFilter Pro-MB. It does everything MAutoDynamicEQ does except for the spectrum-matching, and of course the GUI is a brilliant work of art, as you'd expect.

However, I have them both and rarely use Pro-MB because I can dial in MDynamicEQ or MAutoDynamicEQ in a fraction of the time it takes to tweak Pro-MB.

bbaggins wrote: However, I have them both and rarely use Pro-MB because I can dial in MDynamicEQ or MAutoDynamicEQ in a fraction of the time it takes to tweak Pro-MB.

Yes but in Pro-MB you have super transparent Dynamic Phase mode... :roll:
Dyn.Transparency is the most important thing on digital platform.

Return to “Effects”