bigcat Saxophone Collection finished

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Excellent! When I get a bit more time I'll put them all up as as non-monoliths. Thanks for helping me acquire this knowledge.

@bigcat1969: simple stupid question... :oops:

When an acoustic drums? :wink:

Before my guitar fiasco, I was thinking about trying to do a whole band, piano, sax, guitar, bass guitar, drums. Since I know even less about drums than I do about pianos and saxophones, I'm not sure how it might turn out but eventually I'll tackle it if only for my own amusement and edification.

Understand Man, as we say in Italy: better little but good! :-)

I've said that before, but never with any real conviction.

I downloaded and tried to play with some of the new pianos, but they all give me the Kontakt error message:
Your version of Kontakt is too old to load this file. You can update to the latest version by exiting Kontakt and starting Service Center.
And so I did that TWICE and even though it says it has installed the latest version of Kontakt 5.3.1, when I start up Kontakt it is still 5.3.0 and I still can't open the instruments.

I'm getting so annoyed with Native Instruments. Things are regularly misbehaving, and then those jokers have the worst customer service in the industry. You have to wait 2-3 weeks for customer service responses and then it takes a week or 10 days for another response to the SAME ticket, and then they just stop responding at all when the problem hasn't even been resolved. I am starting to loath them.

So I paid for my Komplete Upgrade so that I wouldn't have to deal with this stuff, and here I am unable to open third party instruments.

BigCat, isn't it possible for you to save these instruments so that the latest Kontakt update isn't required to open them? Do saved instruments really have no backward compatibility? I love your stuff and I'm frustrated that I can't play with them today.
Somewhere in the background zedd

Yeah I REALLY wish I hadn't upgraded my version. I didn't know that it would create problems for other folks. I didn't know at the time that there was no backwards compatibility between versions.
I can't really un-upgrade as then my own stuff wouldn't even work for me to resave it as an older version.
Sigh....
I appreciate folks who are interested in my little projects and I'm certainly sorry that I'm making life tougher for you Zedd and for other folks in this same situation.

Hey BigCat,

Let me end this day with a positive conclusion to this story...

I remembered something from a couple years back when I couldn't get Kontakt 4 to update with Service Centre. After sending Native Instruments some feedback about my system they told me that the problem was that it was updating a version of Kontakt on another System partition (i.e. a copy of my System Drive which I had abandoned for an updated OS on a different partition). Once I was able to redirect Service Centre to my new System Drive it worked.

So today it occurred to me that I had just changed the name of my System Drive on account of some of my Kore library not working because it was looking for a file on a System Drive that was long gone. The very file it was looking for is on my new System Drive but NOTHING I tried would make the Kore libary work, until finally I changed the name of my System Drive to match the name of the old System Drive. At that point the half of my Kore Library I needed to use was working again... but the half of the Kore Library that was working before I changed the name of my System Drive was now no longer working. <sigh>

Anyways, it finally occurred to me today that Native Instruments and Service Centre are so ridiculously unintelligent that probably the fact that I changed the name of my hard drive was the thing that was causing my Kontakt update to fail. And sure enough, when I changed the name back, and performed the Service Centre update for the 3rd time I was able to finally update Kontakt to the latest version. For crying out loud.... Native Instruments should have stuff like this figured out so much better. This seems like pretty crazy stuff to be happening with a developer that has a responsibility to make sure things run smoothly for their customers. Hire some more programmers and a few more customer service agents why don't they!?!? Now, I can't use my Kore Library unless I change the hard drive name back again!!

But the good news is that I am now running the latest version of Kontakt and the BigCat Instruments are now loading and working marvellously!

BigCat.... THANK YOU SO MUCH for all that you are doing with this. I am in heaven with some of these new pianos. That Skerratt London Piano only has one velocity layer (which unfortunately does limit playability) but I've got to say... that is probably now going to be one of my FAVORITE virtual pianos for pop/rock. I just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the sound of this London Upright. I'm going to urge the fellow who provided the samples to re-record his parent's piano with multiple velocities, since I read he was thinking of doing it.

I'm very pleased with it. And the other pianos too. Thanks again BigCat. Terrific stuff you're making available for the rest of us! :love:
Somewhere in the background zedd

Congrats on tracking that down. I don't think I would have ever found my way through those hoops and got Kontakt working correctly!
I'm glad you are enjoying the Skerratt London Upright Piano. KungKrill's samples have a very nice feel to them, though like you I would love more velocity layers. I also like Sarcyan's Fazioli. They are not nearly as heavily sampled as some of the others and I was worried that folks might not except 50 meg pianos, but I couldn't resist adding them as I loved the sound. Your feedback puts my mind at rest. Thanks.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”