The reason why I use Behringer gear (rant/OT split from "Fabfilter Pro-Q2" thread)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Compyfox wrote:The Composer Pro is an outstanding device IMO! Especially if you know how to handle it.
Sure, it's not your DBX 160 - but who cares, it's getting the job done! And is cheaper on the long run if you need several devices.
I'd recommend getting the Alesis over Behringer's current compressors. That's the Daft Punk sound.
Don't think the Truth's are colored.
Everything is colored, it's just a matter of whether they're colored in a way that helps you mix better. I personally have to be very careful about harsh monitors like 2031's because I already have a tendency to go overboard with EQ'ing out harshness.

Un god-damn-believable.
Compy, you really do not like being called out on your bullshit huh?
Not giving one inch, and taking more with every post...
Complete confidence in your total correctness, and baseless victimization.

You are like the kid in grade school who is really sure he is the coolest smartest guy, and will scramble to defend any implication that he is not, even when wrong, as if people really give a shit.

@topic, my experience with Behringer is not great, but it shouldnt be, its low end gear.
With both studio gear and DJ gear, my experience is that it is fine, but disposable. It is not built to last the way the stuff the competitors they copy designs from is, and thats why they have such a crazy price point.

Is it usable? Sure!
Is it reasonable to call someone out for citing "pro v. hobbyist" arguments while using it? Sure!

Get over yourself.
ImageImageImageImage

I don't like Berhinger at all

'cause I always misspell it
You can't always get what you waaaant...

:clown:
I was just writing a post starting with:

"while taking the risk of expressing the obvious: noone gives a damn what equipment you use"

than I realised how pointless this is since yes: it is obvious, so I deleted it
my music:
soundcloud.com/septimon-band
blend.io/septimon

Septimon wrote::clown:
I was just writing a post starting with:

"while taking the risk of expressing the obvious: noone gives a damn what equipment you use"

than I realised how pointless this is since yes: it is obvious, so I deleted it
I happened to read the above original version (with Billie Hollidays etc.) - I think there was a point.

The reason why, in spite of this, people (read: we all), is of course: 1. The vanity/status, 2. because its easier to look (and trust) to some labels/brands than find out what the content is, and finally 3. some stuff is just so elegant, cool and high quality, really.
Last edited by Harry_HH on Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My Behringer Eurorack 1642 stopped working about 3 years ago after about 15 years use. I initially tried to get it repaired, but it would be cheaper to go buy a new Behringer mixer with similar spec. I went with Allen & Heath instead ... much better. My BCF2000 is up for sale now, and I won't be buying any more Behringer gear.

rod_zero wrote:People are just pissed off beause he did the exact opposite: delcared that fabfilter plugs are "not pro" and for "hobbyst".
Oh for f**ks SAKE - I DID NOT declare that Fabfilter is "not pro" and therefore for "hobbyists".
Can you even read?!

I asked DMG Audio a Question, and this is the quote I got. You people hang yourself up on BS and derail this for days now. So why the f*ck should I apologize to be taken "serious" again? A whole lot of you folks didn't even take me serious with the topic Steinberg, still insist that I talk out of my rear end even.

I was called out on the other thread - several times. Until it exploded with throwing around dirty laundry and declaring me a crap engineer because I f*cking use Behringer gear!

This is a two edged standard you're pulling here.

Congratulations - the thread is now completely derailed.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

This thread is now closed.

I applaud to the "community".
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”