Komplete 10 Date - Oct. 1 2014

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The Reaktor 5.9 update is now available and contains the following improvements:

What's new:
Advanced integration in MASCHINE 2.0 host software
Support for AAX2 - Avid's 64-bit plug-in target for Pro Tools 11
QuickBus Highlighting
Default if Missing Property
Show Ensemble in Finder/Explorer
Removed limitations for several modules (Contol Rate, Clock Type, Info Type)
Core Quickbus highlighting
yes, earthshaking stuff there. definitely a whole new program.

the 5.5 update was pretty big, but even that was what, K6 days? and if the 5.9 update was big for you then you can say that all the other synths have been updated too, since they mostly all got maschine integration makeovers (and AAX too, I believe, but I'm not a PT guy)

to be honest, I'm not sure what the core synths really lack IMO. K10U would be worth the price for me for some of the packs that have already been released, let alone any new instruments.

maybe NI are going to a gradual upgrade model, and just making their money on bundles and packs too, who knows

VitaminD wrote:They seem to have abandoned everything but Maschine, Kontakt, and Reaktor for the most part; The actual VST Native Instruments (Absynth, FM8, Pro53, Massive, etc) are seemingly abandoned. :(
Nah, that's what we said until last year about Battery as well.
I'm still hopeful, although not for it to happen this update.

ShawnG wrote:
The Reaktor 5.9 update is now available and contains the following improvements:

What's new:
QuickBus Highlighting

the 5.5 update was pretty big, but even that was what, K6 days? and if the 5.9 update was big for you then you can say that all the other synths have been updated too, since they mostly all got maschine integration makeovers (and AAX too, I believe, but I'm not a PT guy)
I am curious what do you want so badly and why do you persist on having new item to buy? Reaktor at current state can do what 60% of KVR plugin database can not.

What do you want in K6? As far as i know Kontakt in current state is sused by thousands of musicians on professional scale level. People use it even to compose for hollywood movies and what not and i never heard anyone of these people complained they wanted something new..

I am going to understand you if you are around 25 (not meaning to disrespect it's just that i noticed pattern in younger generations)..i am seeing young people simply desperately want new stuff even after not utilizing 15% of what is currently available - they just want new..i guess it's a trend

ShawnG wrote:

What's new:
QuickBus Highlighting

I was actually thinking of 5.8 where they added OSC support in plug-in mode which was a pretty big deal.

But even since these bigger updates and just the list you posted, does that really seem like a plug-in that's been abandoned to you? If this isn't active development, I think maybe your expectations are a bit high, even in this modern era of insatiable plug-in update GAS we all seem to suffer from.

Fair points in the last two posts. There are Kontakt features the pros are asking for but it's mostly under-the-scripting stuff. I also think at the other end of the learning curve scale it would be interesting to have a wizard for the input and setting up of new instruments. But the fact is that K5 is pretty damn fabulous as it is.

I find myself most intrigued now by the Komplete Browser. If that's for all users, not just Kontrol ones, and if it's well implemented (two big ifs) it could be a really significant addition, finally filling the gaping hole left by Kore Player.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Just looked at the German article over at Gearslutz - hmmm Fatar keybed and ribbon controllers... if this is true Kontrol is starting to sound more interesting

I'm amazed how many people over at Gearslutz (and maybe here, I'm getting confused what I've read where) are saying "3 new pianos and 3 new Reaktor synths? No thank you" - those are just the new products that will be released at the same time as Komplete. There's lots of other sample libraries and effects that haven't been released in previous versions of Komplete that will likely be in K10U (Abbey Road 50s Drummer, Kinetic Metal, Action Strikes, Discovery Series Cuba, Drumlab, Rise and Hit, Session Horns Pro, Molekular and Supercharger GT). Also add on to that if you don't have K9U there's a lot of other relatively new things to be picked up as well. Also the Berlin/New York/Vienna/Upright pianos are often targeted for derision, so I think its good NI are updating them and expanding their range of quality pianos beyond just the Giant and Alicia's Keys (and the three new pianos are likely to be Galaxy pianos so that means they'll likely be good quality). I can understand why non Kontakt sample users might be unimpressed, but I myself love the 'bundleware' and vastly prefer it to updates (I'm very happy with Kontakt as it is).

ShawnG wrote:

What's new:
QuickBus Highlighting
Ah, if its not a 'whole new program', then it must have been 'abandoned'. Even if its had multiple updates and platform ports. That makes so much sense.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

hibidy wrote:So I wonder what komplete 11 will have?
Based on the latest release dates, I predict it will arrive in March 2016 ;)

Komplete 10: Oct 1, 2014
Komplete 9: March 27, 2013
Komplete 8: Sept 1, 2011
Komplete 7: Sept 1, 2010
Komplete 6: Oct 2, 2009
Komplete 5: Oct 2007

kmonkey wrote:
ShawnG wrote:

What's new:
QuickBus Highlighting

I am curious what do you want so badly and why do you persist on having new item to buy? Reaktor at current state can do what 60% of KVR plugin database can not.

What do you want in K6? As far as i know Kontakt in current state is sused by thousands of musicians on professional scale level. People use it even to compose for hollywood movies and what not and i never heard anyone of these people complained they wanted something new..

I am going to understand you if you are around 25 (not meaning to disrespect it's just that i noticed pattern in younger generations)..i am seeing young people simply desperately want new stuff even after not utilizing 15% of what is currently available - they just want new..i guess it's a trend
alright I generally don't get too worked up but apparently people of your generation, whatever that is, can't read. FYI i'm in my forties and have been making music since the friggin eighties, when I bought a four track to record my band. If you had bothered to read the only part of my post that you DIDN'T quote you would have read this:
to be honest, I'm not sure what the core synths really lack IMO. K10U would be worth the price for me for some of the packs that have already been released, let alone any new instruments.
what that is saying is that I don't have a problem with the current state of the synths, and am looking to upgrade my K9U solely based on what has already been out there for the most part (session Horns pro, Drumlab etc..) I did get distracted and tried to have some fun with someone who apparently thought that the 5.9 upgrade was "major" sorry.

My original point with Reaktor (admittedly not well made) is that IF you base your judgement on whether a synth has been abandoned based on a lack of a new version number, then Reaktor hasn't had a new version number for a long damn time. that's it. Massive, Absynth, and FM8 have all received updates within the last year, admittedly not major ones. so has Reaktor. In other words I've been trying to make the same point that everyone who piled on my Reaktor comment is trying to make.

VitaminD wrote:They seem to have abandoned everything but Maschine, Kontakt, and Reaktor for the most part; The actual VST Native Instruments (Absynth, FM8, Pro53, Massive, etc) are seemingly abandoned. :(
Why change a winning team? Looking at how many patch banks get released for Massive, that synth is still selling like hot cakes

ShawnG wrote: My original point with Reaktor (admittedly not well made) is that IF you base your judgement on whether a synth has been abandoned based on a lack of a new version number, then Reaktor hasn't had a new version number for a long damn time.
You mean specifically a new WHOLE number version. I think it's safe to say that nobody ever considers a synth to be abandoned just because the Integer version hasn't changed in a while. Especially when .x updates are steady. (Ex. who would ever say Zebra 2 was abandonned - released 2006).

Pro53 was abandoned, the others are maintained (updates for compatibility, new formats like AAX, preset integration etc.) but it remains to be seen if they are being developed for new versions. IT does look like Maschine, Kontakt and Reaktor are the only products they make that they are adding new features too. Most of their other products are getting made by other companies (like the reverbs and the EQs and compressors, all the sample content etc.)

Echoes in the Attic wrote:
ShawnG wrote: My original point with Reaktor (admittedly not well made) is that IF you base your judgement on whether a synth has been abandoned based on a lack of a new version number, then Reaktor hasn't had a new version number for a long damn time.
You mean specifically a new WHOLE number version. I think it's safe to say that nobody ever considers a synth to be abandoned just because the Integer version hasn't changed in a while. Especially when .x updates are steady. (Ex. who would ever say Zebra 2 was abandonned - released 2006).
I don't think it's safe to say at all since there are posts in this very thread that try to make the point that since there aren't new numbered versions of the synths in K10 that NI has abandoned them. that's why I posted what I did. to repeat, I'm not arguing with YOU, I'm arguing with THEM.

Does this October release mean that there won't be a half price Black Friday upgrade sale this year? :(
I had been looking forward to upgrading from Komplete9 to Ultimate, but will they do the same offer so soon after a new product?

Does anybody remember how long it took after the release of Komplete 9 before they had a half price sale?

KCeee wrote:Does this October release mean that there won't be a half price Black Friday upgrade sale this year? :(
I had been looking forward to upgrading from Komplete9 to Ultimate, but will they do the same offer so soon after a new product?

Does anybody remember how long it took after the release of Komplete 9 before they had a half price sale?
Can't quite remember, but it was certainly more than 2 months. Best case I'd say is next summer. There will probably be the usual individual upgrades either Black Friday / Christmas.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Return to “Instruments”