Sonic Cat Calliope is out now.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Calliope

cocoazenith wrote:Hmmm...1400 multi-samples and 1000 presets...
I reckon there aren't many multis/patch?
If many users will want to update more presets, we are going to add presets later. :)

Numanoid wrote:Think I'll stick to my Ravity...
Thanks a lot for using Ravity. But Calliope is.. :cry:

skycha wrote:But Calliope is..
...tempting, I know :tu:

Should be a good option for those looking for an all round soundbox, it is a great advantage that it works in Kontakt Player at such a low price

Edit: Deleted the other stuff because it was inaccurate.
Last edited by HaganeSteel on Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Zoom.
Last edited by HaganeSteel on Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

The biggest improvement over Purity seems to be the user interface. What is its size in pixel x pixel so that I know how big it would be on my screen?

But soundwise? Have the sounds been updated? Is the synth part, e.g. filter, still the same? It costs twice as much as Purity, so the difference has to be justified somehow...
There actually seem to be fewer presets than with Purity. If they are different, i.e. better than before, I would be interested. But the Purity sounds were not convincing. Electric bass for instance was not good at all on Purity.
Are the specs of the sampling technology used still the same? One might assume there should have been some improvement over the years...

How big is the download? The player alone is half a GB :(

Tralala.
Last edited by HaganeSteel on Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Well, if that guy wants my money, he had better answer all my questions before the end of the pre-sale period...

Edit: Nevermind. :hihi:

Zoom.
Last edited by HaganeSteel on Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

I hope you will do a more objective review later on 8)

For instance, I am still interested to know whether the samples are new or just recycled ones from their old plugins.

And since it is also a synth, not just a romplers, does it include the basic waveforms as samples as well?

HaganeSteel wrote:I don't even know what to say. Skycha, if you see this, this is stunning work.
Thank you very much, and your demo link too. I was going to upload demo in here. Jaehyeong finished all demo works now. So all 14 songs. :D

fluffy_little_something wrote:I hope you will do a more objective review later on 8)

For instance, I am still interested to know whether the samples are new or just recycled ones from their old plugins.

And since it is also a synth, not just a romplers, does it include the basic waveforms as samples as well?
In the whole sample sources, we used only 3% from Ravity. Everything else is Entirely New Sample Sources! :wink:
Last edited by skycha on Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

skycha wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:I hope you will do a more objective review later on 8)

We used only 3% from Ravity. Everything else is Entirely New Sample Sources! :wink:
I have Purity, not Ravity.

What a pity you only reply today, yesterday I had 2 GB download traffic left for August :P

fluffy_little_something wrote:I have Purity, not Ravity.

What a pity you only reply today, yesterday I had 2 GB download traffic left for August :P
Oh sorry.. I was busy preparing to release. :( (Oh, I have added a few comments in my post. :) )

Return to “Instruments”