Why no Joe Meek VSTs?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Rock and Roll!!!

William S. Burroughs accidentally shot his wife in the head, never faced any serious legal issues about it, and also had sex with lots of underage prostitutes.

Yet he was lauded and fawned over by many. Kurt Cobain and Michael Stipe even recorded music with him.

The lesson is that you can get away with lots of shit, as long as you're interesting.

^ trust the art - not the artist

Picasso was a wife beater . . . Woody Allen seduced his 16yr old step daughter . . .
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

if we had to disgregard every creepo involved in showbiz, here would be far less entertainment to peruse. at some point you just have to separate the art from the artist. ymmv of course.

oh, even without 'dedicated joe meek plug-ins'; if you set your mind to it, you could probably recreate at least a large part of the joe meek sound in a daw/host. slapback delay and high shelving filters might be a place to start. plus, a certain kind of reverb on the vox... etc.

knowix wrote:William S. Burroughs accidentally shot his wife in the head, never faced any serious legal issues about it, and also had sex with lots of underage prostitutes.

Yet he was lauded and fawned over by many. Kurt Cobain and Michael Stipe even recorded music with him.

The lesson is that you can get away with lots of shit, as long as you're interesting.
Or just rich and famous. Or powerful.
[Insert Signature Here]

I think his work was done in the early 60's, so the technology and application were primitive, I imagine it could be duplicated easily today?
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

knowix wrote:The lesson is that you can get away with lots of shit, as long as you're interesting.
Chuck Berry put a hidden camera in a Restaurant toilet, but he managed to pay his way out of it :hihi:

red_eq_5.jpg
To my knowledge this one is sampled Joemeek VC3Q EQ section.

http://www.acustica-audio.com/index.php ... Itemid=189

Freeware :)

Cheers,
Zabukowski
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

knowix wrote:William S. Burroughs accidentally shot his wife in the head, never faced any serious legal issues about it, and also had sex with lots of underage prostitutes.

He wrote a book(naked lunch) steely dan go their name off that book.
thats why people know of him
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

FabienTDR wrote:
robojam wrote:To be honest I don't even know why those would exist. Maybe they do suck, or that they just use the name and don't do the same thing.
Well, even the name sucks by several standards.

Let's have a listen at his latest"incredible" recordings..

[...]

This guys is a crazy, coward murderer. I really don't understand how some ppl can follow anything "Meek", both from the musical and moral point of view.
Brilliant trollpost! :tu:

That should do the trick to kill the thread. :party:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

realmarco wrote: He wrote a book(naked lunch) steely dan go their name off that book.
thats why people know of him
Pretty sure most people know him for reasons other than that

mrblitz wrote:oh, even without 'dedicated joe meek plug-ins'; if you set your mind to it, you could probably recreate at least a large part of the joe meek sound in a daw/host. slapback delay and high shelving filters might be a place to start. plus, a certain kind of reverb on the vox... etc.
I know this is a highly complex and thus difficult to grasp situation however I'll try to break it down here:

1) the Company "Joemeek" which was founded by Ted Fletcher and named after Joe Meek and which produces hardware devices for recording studios, is not affiliated with Joe Meek, the producer, at all.

2) the devices produced by the company Joemeek, are not intended to replicate the "Joe Meek sound" (whatever that may be)

3) hence, Joemeek decives have nothing to do with the "Joe Meek sound" (whatever that might be)

4) Joe Meek died before the company Joemeek was founded. Hence he never used devices by the company named after him

5) these devices he never used and he is in no way affiliated with - other than them being named after him - are not usually said to have anything to do with "the Joe Meek" sound

6) this thread is about Joemeek devices respectively their existant or non-existant VST-emulations

7) these emulation do not (or would not) have anything to do with the "Joe Meek sound" (whatever that might be)

8 ) the starter of this thread inquired about VST emulations of a certain brand of hardware-devices, not about "the Joe Meek sound" (whatever that may be)

9) this thread is not supposed to be about Joe Meek, the producer, or about his sound (whatever that may be)

10) Joemeek is a company that produces hardware for recording studios, such as compressors, equalizers, microphone preamplifiers and channel strips. This company is in no way affiliated with Joe Meek, the producer, and does not strieve to emulate or recreate the "Joe Meek sound" whatever that may be. Subsequently this thread is about emulations of Joemeek gear. It is neither about Joe Meek, the producer, nor about the sound of his productions.

11) this thread is about Joemeek

12) This thread is not about Joe Meek

I know this is all terribly hard to get one's head around, but maybe - reading above slowly from top to buttom two or three times and then maybe once again from bottom to top, you might come to appreciate the gist of it.
If you don't, blame it on my terrible English.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Return to “Effects”