KVR IRC?

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

nice one, thx Frantz!

Sorry for reposting. I suspect people may have missed it the first time.

There is an easy web chat client here: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=%23kvr&uio=d4

Pick a nickname, preferably the same as your KVR name. The channel is #kvr. Enter the CAPTCHA and click Connect. Then you're ready to chat.

bump :D

Is there another IRC channel for KVR ?

I'm on the freenode #KVR right now... some people there

That's the only one I know of. Not very populated, but a handful of regulars.

#musicdsp on efnet is pretty good too, even if it's not centered on KVR per se, interesting people...

And yes, IRC is the best medium for chatting imho... nothing comes close in terms of openness, and therefore features and usage possibilities

I've always found that a direct telnet loopback is far more interesting for direct communication. These sort of things were used quite often back in unix and on other systems (offices, etc) to communicate between terminals connected to a system.

Memos and email are at the opposite end of the spectrum where IRC is somewhere between.

One method applied by IRC-like systems is to show a "username is typing..." message to make the conversation more real-time, although it is absolutely nothing like seeing every individual character typed and then erased, typo fixed and so on :)

One very interesting system I created myself used a fixed buffer of 80x25 and didn't dump lines. Instead it was simply direct character-by-character editing of the screen buffer. That is a unique experience when you've got three or four people connected to it drawing ASCII art while another pair have a conversation about a completely unrelated topic... something I wish had become more popular.

Instead it seems the anti-social private communication methods are far more popular. You can be in a group-chat on skype and then mock the odd one in a one-on-one conversation with a close friend. Far more efficient for the vicious humans.

Someone, please steal my idea and use it to create a server and "app" where each individual has their own cursor (styled, colorized perhaps?) and perhaps even can "paint". I've seen similar things but they never became popular.

When you have a good idea there is no need to hide it for fear of it being stolen. Really good ideas need to be shoved down people's throats.
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.
Work less; get more done.

Bump :D
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Happy hour: free beers now at the #kvr irc channel @ freenode :hyper:
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

If you'd have offered bree feers I'd be there in less than a heartbeat and I can assure you that my heart rate would go rooughr the thoof!
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.
Work less; get more done.

I miss the old #k-v-r-cafe, or would if I could remember what it was called.

stop foolin' around and get in the channel! :x
It doesn't matter how it sounds..
..as long as it has BASS and it's LOUD!

irc.libera.chat >>> #kvr

Return to “Site Stuff”