Here's audio examples of FL64 midi/audio export problem

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

tooneba wrote:
osiris wrote:Here's my license file
I can see the word "Team Air" on your screen.
None seen here m8.

You trollin'?
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

trimph1 wrote: None seen here m8.

You trollin'?
I'm kind enough to respond same way as troll does 8) . Didn't you notice he is trying to troll when he made up a story their support dept. called him warez user?

tooneba wrote:
trimph1 wrote: None seen here m8.

You trollin'?
I'm kind enough to respond same way as troll does 8) . Didn't you notice he is trying to troll when he made up a story their support dept. called him warez user?
I know the man well enough to give him the benefit of the doubt in such cases and he's one of the last people here I would call a troll (and one of the many I am proud to call a friend). I dont doubt for a second that he had the problems he spoke of, I wouldn't blame IL for them but tbh I have been equally frustrated with many companies and can empathize. If you do not have any advice to help why fan the flames? :shrug:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

It doesn't matter. If they have a license, IL should take care about it. That's all.

Hink wrote: If you do not have any advice to help why fan the flames? :shrug:
Relax. To make his joke funnier is my intention :wheee:

Hink wrote:tbh I have been equally frustrated with many companies and can empathize.
Hink, Osiris has two open threads at Looptalk, where the last posts are from staff offering assistance, no response from him.

Asked why he claims Techsupport is a vector for attacks on his computer.

Posts a tech support request on KVR that I was silly enough to engage in.

Posts some security alert for FL Studio 9, from some random site that it might be possible, *by luck*, to execute something in the FLP on someone's system. If you can get millions of people to open a dll, that could run 'arbitrary code'. This risk BTW would apply to most files/app.

Claims we said he was using warez. Where, I can't see any post?

Claims we were blaming him? Where I can't see any post?

Rejected my two specific suggestions (quite rudely) that would likely solve his problem.

This thread is crazy and an object lesson in the Kafkaesque nightmare that is customer support these days.

Osiris if you want this problem solved by Image-Line please post in Techsupport.

http://forum.image-line.com/viewforum.php?f=200

Regards Scott
Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

Image-Line wrote:
Hink wrote:tbh I have been equally frustrated with many companies and can empathize.
Hink, Osiris has two open threads at Looptalk, where the last posts are from staff offering assistance, no response from him.

Asked why he claims Techsupport is a vector for attacks on his computer.

Posts a tech support request on KVR that I was silly enough to engage in.

Posts some security alert for FL Studio 9, from some random site that it might be possible, *by luck*, to execute something in the FLP on someone's system. If you can get millions of people to open a dll, that could run 'arbitrary code'. This risk BTW would apply to most files/app.

Claims we said he was using warez. Where, I can't see any post?

Claims we were blaming him? Where I can't see any post?

Rejected my two specific suggestions (quite rudely) that would likely solve his problem.

This thread is crazy and an object lesson in the Kafkaesque nightmare that is customer support these days.

Osiris if you want this problem solved by Image-Line please post in Techsupport.

http://forum.image-line.com/viewforum.php?f=200

Regards Scott
Hi Scott, using selective quoting can be useful but sometimes it can lead to a misunderstanding because things are taken out of context. In this case I hope you read what I said directly before that, I would not blame IL.

I dont see where you said he was using cracked versions either, but perhaps it was where you provided the link for the safe sites to download from. Granted that was done in good faith and you were trying to help, I cant see a better way tbh. But at the same time when we get frustrated sometimes we see things differently and it's possible he thought you were suggesting he didn't download from those sites and used an alternate site.

I should have reworded what you quoted, I should have said I have been frustrated by issues and lashed out at companies myself. When I upgraded to Samp Pro X Suite it was a nightmare that took me a week to get it installed which included a weekend of downloading content, transferring it to my other machine only to find it still didn't work and yes I was frustrated and lashed out at poor Tim over the phone (he is the North American support for samp). That's why I said I had no doubt he has had the problems but I would not blame IL, systems are all different, people are all different and getting to the bottom of the issues can be rough. I cant speak for Osiris but in my case I wasn't mad at Magix per se, the truth was I felt that my use of Samp was being threatened and because my problem was unique to me it would probably never be resolved and I really like Samp. I had just had PC AudioLabs build me a new machine and it was upsetting to think what I liked might not work on my new machine...irrational as all hell, I admit that...but in the heat of the moment I wanted to play...not fix...but then that is part of me :oops:

The thing is, like I said, I have the privilege of knowing Osiris for a while now here on KvR and that post is not him. My post was in response to him being called a troll and he has never presented himself as a troll imo, in fact the exact opposite. Not only do I have a lot of respect for him I also have a lot of admiration for him having known here for a while (albeit an online friendship, sometimes I myself do better with such friendships).

Now I can empathize with you as well, customer service can be a no win game. When I was in retail I had to put out a lot of fires and often fires started by others. Being the guy behind the counter means sometimes you're the first line of defense and when you sold the person the gear they are having troubles with it's harder to deal with. It's very hard to keep being humble while people react and sometimes it's hard not to take it personal but that's what you have to do (this is not a lecture or aimed at you, the word you is being used generically in this case). When you represent the company you are even more in the line of fire and it really is no fun.

I can say that myself I find when I am dealing with customer service with other companies (comcast comes to mind right now because I had issues with them last week) that I get tired of "I'm sorry you are having troubles", after you have heard a dozen times from different people you start to think "no you aren't, it's just your job to say that". Then if the rep starts to get defensive that just makes it worse, then you feel (or at least I have in the past) the topic is shifting from your problem to the company and you stray further from the issue (and yes more often than not that is the fault of the customer, but then it's customer supports job to address the problem first).

Then on top of all that this is going on in a public forum where other people feel they need to chime in with words like "troll" and it seems the subject is going even further away from your problem and worse you are getting the blame for a problem and all you want is some help. It's a no win situation for everyone.

However I do think you are doing the right thing but reminding him to go through IL tech support. I see the same thing with IK and TBH I am not a huge IK fan but one of the reps is another good friend so I feel his pain. It really is a tough business to be in, customer support.

I was responding to him being called a troll, not trying to attack IL at all. I have been an FL user longer than I have been a KvR member and it's still installed on both my laptop and my studio machine I even have two licenses). But when I see a friend obviously very upset I become concerned for my friend, it has nothing to do with IL :)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”