Which additive synth (on sale) to buy? Air Loom or Harmor?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Harmor Loom Classic

lectrixboogaloo wrote:Harmor, by your grandchildren, will be remembered as one of the great synths of history. Harmor is also the future of sampling. Harmor's preset banks are paltry because you, my dear synthesist, are not!
I've been thinking of getting a tattoo for a long time. Only couldn't find the right words to say, that would stand the test of time, till the end of my life.

My search is over.

This shall be written in ink on my body.

dwozzle wrote:
4damind wrote:For the 50% offer add the coupon code: 50PLUGIN this should do the "trick" ;)
I don't see this offer anywhere. Is it open to everyone, or only IL customers? Any idea how long it lasts?

Thanks.
You can just try at the moment you check out.

And if it doesn't work you cancel your purchase before the validation, simply.
:D
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

I don't think enough people realise what a true monster Harmor is.

You just have to have it.

Watching it do its resynthesis is like magic.

You don't need any other synth when you have this one. It is probably the closest thing to the holy grail we have in VST land. This week at least. :-)

Some might even say it is disruptive technology. I wouldn't argue against anyone bold enough to make that claim.

Harmor is the Bjarne Stroustrup's haircut:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Bjarn ... 24&bih=496

well one you can demo and one you can't.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Another vote here for Harmor. Its brilliant!

And also the Kawai K5000s. ;)
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

dwozzle wrote:
4damind wrote:For the 50% offer add the coupon code: 50PLUGIN this should do the "trick" ;)
I don't see this offer anywhere. Is it open to everyone, or only IL customers? Any idea how long it lasts?

Thanks.
Lasts until 10th september and its for everyone.

Thanks folks. Coupon gets applied automatically I believe, all plugins are on sale.

I picked up loom during the sale, even though I shouldn't be buying anything right now. Love it so far. Very clear gui and I was making my own sounds straight away. It sounds great too. I also have Harmor and although it also sounds great, the gui doesn't click with me. Not to knock it though, it just doesn't work for me... yet. Both are quite unique though and don't cancel each other out.

BTW, bought Loom, all ok, but i recently noticed that the "Blur" on\off button (in Spectral Distortion section) not doing anything, it seems to just not work. At least, i could not reproduce any spectral distortion configuration to hear his (Blur) work. (Win7 vst x32)
Try please, maybe I am deaf.

Thanks to everyone who gave advice so far! I have passed up on the Loom offer and will likely buy Harmor. :)
Passed 303 posts. Next stop: 808.

c_voltage wrote:BTW, bought Loom, all ok, but i recently noticed that the "Blur" on\off button (in Spectral Distortion section) not doing anything, it seems to just not work. At least, i could not reproduce any spectral distortion configuration to hear his (Blur) work. (Win7 vst x32)
It works here, i'm holding a note while turning blur on and off and there's a defrinite change in the pitch which i assume is the rhythmical phasing being corrected.

Loom is stunning anyway, can create dark scifi soundscapes, reminds me of the sort of stuff twisted tools put in their sample packs, some nice fodder for reaktor. :)
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

musikmachine wrote:
c_voltage wrote:BTW, bought Loom, all ok, but i recently noticed that the "Blur" on\off button (in Spectral Distortion section) not doing anything, it seems to just not work. At least, i could not reproduce any spectral distortion configuration to hear his (Blur) work. (Win7 vst x32)
It works here, i'm holding a note while turning blur on and off and there's a defrinite change in the pitch which i assume is the rhythmical phasing being corrected.
Oh, sorry, actually i tried not all methods, in default "Random (All)" Type mode it cannot heard, but with "To Root" mode for example heard good.

Harmor is a beast.
Sound wise, it is probably the number one synth I want to work with.
But, I literally never use it, because the workflow, i.e. modulation routing, sucks almost as bad as I can imagine it sucking.
Aside from drag/drop wavs, I cant stand a single thing about the interface.
Within five minutes of tweaking it I am literally pissed off. :shrug:
ImageImageImageImage

Question for the harmor guys... I'm demoing it right now and have issues getting the LFOs to work.
I go for example to Filter 1 Frequency -> LFO, draw 2 points(start/end loop point) so that the gray line has a zigzag shape, activate it with the small button in the lower left, but I hear no change on the sound. The LFO seems to do nothing though when I turn the knob manually I clearly hear changes. I already read the manual though besides the global LFO amount knob(which is always at 100%) I found nothing that could help me.
Is this maybe a demo limitation?

Dr.Gunjah wrote:Question for the harmor guys... I'm demoing it right now and have issues getting the LFOs to work.
I go for example to Filter 1 Frequency -> LFO, draw 2 points(start/end loop point) so that the gray line has a zigzag shape, activate it with the small button in the lower left, but I hear no change on the sound. The LFO seems to do nothing though when I turn the knob manually I clearly hear changes. I already read the manual though besides the global LFO amount knob(which is always at 100%) I found nothing that could help me.
Is this maybe a demo limitation?
Not sure what's going on there I'm afraid. Just double checked over here. All I have to do is right click filter 1's cutoff knob and select 'edit articulator', change 'envelope' to 'LFO' just above the graph, then hit the button in the bottom left of the graph to turn it on and I get LFO movement. You don't need to draw points in there to get it going. The lines you can draw in there determine how the LFO ramps up (or down), and the height of the final envelope point determines the LFO amplitude. As far as I can see you're doing everything right. Are you definitely in the 'LFO' section rather than the 'envelope' section (the dropdown box next to 'Filter 1 frequency')? I don't know what the demo limitations are I'm afraid. Maybe one for the Image Line forum (if you're able to access it as a demo user). You could work around this by using an envelope instead of an LFO, and looping the envelope via the menu that appears when you click the triangle just to the right of the 'global' button. That's another thing to check come to think of it. By clicking the same button next to 'global' in the LFO section, make sure that 'freeze LFO' isn't checked.

Still, I appreciate you shouldn't have to 'work around' the LFO not working. Hopefully you can get that resolved.

edit: One more thing you could check. To the right of the dropdown box where it says 'LFO' (and just to the left of the ENV/IMG/FX/ADV tabs), there's a knob to smooth articulator movement. If this is set fully to the right you'll get no movement at all.

Return to “Instruments”