Midi controller advice

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, I'm currently using a Mox6 as a midi controller. As I have Halion 5 I am in no real need for the onboard sounds, so am considering packing it away to be used for gigging.

However, I am sick of hitting the octave button for keyswitches (and for general playing) so am in the market for an 88 key controller.

My issue here is I obviously prefer 88 hammer action keys for piano but considering a fair bit of playing will not be a piano VST I think a semi-weighted action is the best middle ground. I remember playing my old RD700sx (I should never have sold it!!) with non-piano VSTs and it was pretty weird!!

I've looked around for something to fit the criteria above and the one that seems to tick the boxes is the M-Audio Keystation 88 II - my issue with it is it seems too cheap!! :o

Is it decent for the price? Is there anything generally recommended that costs a bit more for a considerable jump in quality? From what I see the 88 key semi-weighted market doesn't have a lot of choice.

Anyone know how the keybed compares to the MOX6?

Thanks for any advice 8)

The m audio Keys are horrible. the cheapest 88 controller with a quality keybed would be cheap digital piano.
dedication to flying

It's a decent non-graded hammer action 88 key with aftertouch I'm after as a digital piano isn't ideal for VSTs other than piano.

Thanks for replying.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”