One-Synth-Challenge #66: ODsay by Elektrostudio (Keith303 Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Uploaded mine, it's called :

"Leftover Rights".

Made In FLStudio.

I used : 20 x ODSay.

Track FX :
1 x Fruity Parametric EQ 2
1 x ADT
1 x Rough Rider
1 x TDR FeedbackCompressor II
1 x Ambience (send).

Automation : Yes.

Master FX :
1 x TDR VOS SlickEQ
1 x OTT
1 x Maximus
1 x TLsMaximizer.

Official DR value: DR8

Enjoy.

https://soundcloud.com/petervos/yeager-leftover-rights

Just a quick note to say .. awesome tracks coming in folks .. you never cease to amaze me ... :phones: :phones: :phones:

Just put a new(er) version of mine up which has had a lot of surgical EQ on it using 15 extra ReaEQ's ... :hihi:

Hope the "wall of sound" breathes a bit better now. Hope you don't mind me posting the link again. :ud:

[Is this good form or not? I think this version is much better, but, of course - you get the say]

Rob

https://soundcloud.com/doctorbob/doctor ... odd-osc-66

SirKen wrote:First of all, I want to thank everyone who left comments for my song on Soundcloud. I have noticed a lot of praise for the percussion I used, so I thought why not share it with people. I cleaned up everything except the percussion from the Reaper project file

You will probably need the plugins I used for this to work out:

MEqualizer and MCompressor from the Melda Free Effects Bundle. Sadly, this is Windows only. Perhaps, the effects could be duplicated with the ReaEQ and ReaComp.
Ambience Reverb

I included the midi items from the song to help you understand what I was trying to achieve. If you still have trouble understanding the track layout, my notes below might help you out:

Tracks 1-2: Reverb tracks for the whole song.
Tracks 3-6: Audio buses for EQ adjustments. I wanted to keep the audio sources separate, in case I need to change the variety of the drums.
Tracks 7: An Audio track that I bounced from the Timpani Midi track. This was done mostly because of the duophony limit and the way the tracks were set up. The original midi item was the same as the midi item located right under this audio item, just twice as long.
Tracks 8-11: Midi tracks that achieve the duophony. Originally, the audio sources were layered together within one track. However, ODsay didn't play nice with Reaper when I tried to duplicate the tracks to have more variety. So, to keep the instance number down, I used individual "sound source" tracks and just sent the relevant Midi data to the ones I wanted to trigger.
Tracks 12-13: I created the gong Drums to have some impact sounds. As for the metallic snare, it kind of evolved from the original version to address my needs for this song.
Tracks 14-25: Sound sources for the drums.

I also removed all the effects on the master mixer in the file above to get a stronger sound. With the effects in, the sound is more like this

Let me know if it works out for you.

EDIT - forgot to add. You need the pizmidi plugins as well.
Nice share and good programming. Any chance of just sharing the .fxb presets for the drums?
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Alright, here's my humble submission!

https://soundcloud.com/brtd2005/brtd200 ... -deadlines

Made it in FL Studio 11 with

12 instances of ODsay

Effects used:

(Equalizers)

- MQ55 (For monitoring and surgical cuts)
- PQ33 (It has a great hi-pass filter!)
- Luftikus (For rough tonal tweaks on some instruments)

5ORCERY (Multi-band compressor)

Fruity Stereo Shaper (to widen the pad)
Fruity Limiter (For compression [obviously])

As you can tell by the title, it was made TODAY!!

@BRTD2005 Nice title :lol:
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

mysticvibes wrote:@BRTD2005 Nice title :lol:
Yeah.. :D Deadlines are such a powerful motivation!
How's your arrangement going??

"Two Minutes and Ten Seconds"

Made in LMMS

14x ODsay's

A couple tracks have these:
Calf Compressor (LADSPA)
Simple Amplifier (LADSPA)

Master:
C* Compress 2x2
TAL-Reverb-3

And a few automation tracks to twiddle the knobs now and then.
https://soundcloud.com/shfengoli/two-mi ... -seconds-1

BRTD2005 wrote:
mysticvibes wrote:@BRTD2005 Nice title :lol:
Yeah.. :D Deadlines are such a powerful motivation!
How's your arrangement going??
It's coming along :hihi: Though I find myself still adding new melodies, like i don't have enough already :roll: Cpu is going kooky now and had to remove my pads until i finish the drum/bass and lead tracks..

Should've started the track much sooner :dog: , need more time!!!!

All the best,
Tim

TTU Youtube

mysticvibes wrote:
SirKen wrote:First of all, I want to thank everyone who left comments for my song on Soundcloud. I have noticed a lot of praise for the percussion I used, so I thought why not share it with people. I cleaned up everything except the percussion from the Reaper project file

You will probably need the plugins I used for this to work out:

MEqualizer and MCompressor from the Melda Free Effects Bundle. Sadly, this is Windows only. Perhaps, the effects could be duplicated with the ReaEQ and ReaComp.
Ambience Reverb

I included the midi items from the song to help you understand what I was trying to achieve. If you still have trouble understanding the track layout, my notes below might help you out:

Tracks 1-2: Reverb tracks for the whole song.
Tracks 3-6: Audio buses for EQ adjustments. I wanted to keep the audio sources separate, in case I need to change the variety of the drums.
Tracks 7: An Audio track that I bounced from the Timpani Midi track. This was done mostly because of the duophony limit and the way the tracks were set up. The original midi item was the same as the midi item located right under this audio item, just twice as long.
Tracks 8-11: Midi tracks that achieve the duophony. Originally, the audio sources were layered together within one track. However, ODsay didn't play nice with Reaper when I tried to duplicate the tracks to have more variety. So, to keep the instance number down, I used individual "sound source" tracks and just sent the relevant Midi data to the ones I wanted to trigger.
Tracks 12-13: I created the gong Drums to have some impact sounds. As for the metallic snare, it kind of evolved from the original version to address my needs for this song.
Tracks 14-25: Sound sources for the drums.

I also removed all the effects on the master mixer in the file above to get a stronger sound. With the effects in, the sound is more like this

Let me know if it works out for you.

EDIT - forgot to add. You need the pizmidi plugins as well.
Nice share and good programming. Any chance of just sharing the .fxb presets for the drums?
I could but they wouldn't give the same results. When I bypass all the reverb, delay and EQ (compressor is still there), this is how they sound :)

https://soundcloud.com/sir_ken/taiko-ish-no-effects

That's okay, I'd like to change them up if i could, don't want to have them sounding the same if i can help it. But it's up to you if you want to go through the trouble. To be honest, I'm already stretching it timewise and more elements to add at this late in the game might not be such a good idea :hihi:

TTU Youtube

mysticvibes wrote:That's okay, I'd like to change them up if i could, don't want to have them sounding the same if i can help it. But it's up to you if you want to go through the trouble. To be honest, I'm already stretching it timewise and more elements to add at this late in the game might not be such a good idea :hihi:
Here you go then

Is there such thing as an lfo tool thats free that lets you modulate 3rd party vst/i plugins? I want an lfo on bifilter and I'm not happy automating with the lfo tool in orion.
Last edited by Touch The Universe on Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

TTU Youtube

SirKen wrote:
mysticvibes wrote:That's okay, I'd like to change them up if i could, don't want to have them sounding the same if i can help it. But it's up to you if you want to go through the trouble. To be honest, I'm already stretching it timewise and more elements to add at this late in the game might not be such a good idea :hihi:
Here you go then
Thank you!

TTU Youtube

Calling it a night and still far from finished :o Does the osc ever go into overtime :D ?

TTU Youtube

track name is justodd
DAW Reaper 4.721 64bit
instances of ODsay 9
effects 0
https://soundcloud.com/key88/key88-justodd

:oops:

Return to “Instruments”