Xenobioz Lucid updated to 1.01

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Lucid

urlwolf wrote:Went trough the 3 banks. One big change is that 95% of the presets don't use any Osc combination other than MIX. 5% use MELD or MORF. Which is a pity, it's what made Kruudster (and Lucid) unique.

I'm using a wacom tablet to edit vst guis. That is, I have the highest eye-hand coordination and precision possible on a computer. Still, editing the curves for LFOs etc is hard. Those 4x4 pixel squares are not easy to drag at all. Kills the entire flow for me. Does it not for you?
Yes I should have made more presets with Meld and Morf. Focused more on FM this time. Still I'm more satisfied with the presets for Lucid, but that's just taste.

Totally agree with you about the Waveshape editing. Especially the first and last square can be almost impossible to drag sometimes. Unfortunately I don't know of any better waveshaping Modules for SE. On many presets I often cheated by using a little program I made for converting functions to waveshapes instead. Alas you can only paste shapes inside synthedit.

I updated Lucid with a "Moog Saw" it sounds better when you waveshape it than the normal Saw/ramp. I haven't uploaded it yet though... too busy.

urlwolf wrote:I went trough the banks. I really want to like it, but can't. I'm a Kruudster man, I guess. The knobs are not better than the sliders. And the sound... I like Kruudster better.
IMO: too many things going on in the waveshapper/dist part of the synth. It stops being a one-page synth.
Thanks for making Lucid though, I can see why many people will like it.
It first had sliders like all of my earlier synths, but when I included negative modulation range in the sliders I thought it would be better with knobs since they have a higher resolution. But unfortunately again knobs only have higher resolution in rotary mode. Knobs take less space which is good of course. Sometimes it's frustrating when you can't get exactly what you want.

Personally I think Lucid is less complex than Kruudster and easier to use except for the waveshapers. :)

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”