I have Electra2 - What other Tone2 synth should I get?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I recently got the new Tone2 Electra2, and I wanted to know what other Tone2 synth would be a good choice to compliment Electra2?

I'm leaning towards Nemesis because it appears to have the biggest differences from Electra2, but Gladiator seems like a nice choice as well.

If anyone can share their suggestions I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

They are all good and different in their own right. It depends on what you NEED in a synth. I have them all (along with tons of others) either because I love variety or suffer from GAS.

But they all have different feels and sounds that make them special. The best compliment to Electra2 is a good DAW, heh.

Jon

HydrogenHuman wrote:I recently got the new Tone2 Electra2, and I wanted to know what other Tone2 synth would be a good choice to compliment Electra2?

I'm leaning towards Nemesis because it appears to have the biggest differences from Electra2, but Gladiator seems like a nice choice as well.

Thanks!
Facing the same question as you, I went with Nemesis. I'm happy with that choice, it's a good complement to E2. :tu:

I was also tempted by Rayblaster -- someday maybe…
If you like 80s retro sounds, check out my latest tune…

I would maybe go with Nemesis too as it is the most different one.

Anyway Rayblaster is quite unique so it could be worth a look too. Needs some time to get used to it and to make full use of it. The most important feature is that by default it does not really have a filter but it gets gets the "filter response" from the waveform that is loaded into it. This could be either an "emulation" of a certain filter (if the waveform was created using a certain filter) or a "fantasy filter" from a more or less complex waveform. The waveform does not have to be created using a filter but Rayblaster will us it to create a kind of filter response anyway. With complex waveforms this could sound like a mix of a formant filter and/or a Comb filter.
With the resynthesis feature it could also import longer samples which results in "granular" like sounds.

As already mentioned it is not really simple at the first look. I highly recommend reading the manual if you want to get familiar with Rayblaster.

I have also posted some informations here (i was one of the betatesters and did a lot of patches and also waveforms for it):
http://www.tone2.org/forum/index.php?topic=1336.0
http://www.tone2.org/forum/index.php?topic=1446.0

While i got all Tone2 synths (and most FXs) those for which i made most patches so far were Saurus and Rayblaster (more than 250 patches for each).

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

I succumbed to getting four of them during a two for one sale with added cart discounts a couple of months back.
And they are all good synths, definitely have their own character compared to what else is out there.

My favorite seems to keep coming back to Gladiator2 though.

none, It does wavetable, fm, sample loading etc.

PaulSC wrote:
HydrogenHuman wrote:I recently got the new Tone2 Electra2, and I wanted to know what other Tone2 synth would be a good choice to compliment Electra2?

Thanks!
Facing the same question as you, I went with Nemesis. I'm happy with that choice, it's a good complement to E2. :tu:

I would have done this.
:borg:

Yep, as everyone else says grab Nemesis. It's a really great sounding synth and it's FM so it's doing its own thing. Very easy to program as well.

Gladiator is also cool, but Nemesis is a better choice if you want a contrast. :)
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

+1 for Nemesis
"It dreamed itself along"

Thanks for the suggestions.

I did in fact get Nemesis so I'm sure I will enjoy it!

* Buy the Vengeance-Sound VPS Avenger synth... is intense....

Buddy... this thread is 8 years old...

electra best tone2 synth
aliasing plugin owner
:?

Return to “Instruments”