sylenth1 or spire

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Not easy for me. Sylenth1 is pretty CPU friendly and sounds really good. Spire has an infinite palette of sounds if you compare it with Sylenth1. Both have its own character, unlikely the most of the other synths. I choosed Spired just because its updated frecuently, but I would purchase Sylenth1 if it becomes alive again.

This is like choosing between a Virus C and a Virus Ti. Both have their fans. But evolution chose Ti, so... Spire!

izonin wrote:This is like choosing between a Virus C and a Virus Ti. Both have their fans. But evolution chose Ti, so... Spire!
I sold my TI2 and don't regret it. Spire has the edge and It has a lot more features then Sylenth 1.

But Sylenth 1 is less cpu. I don't find Spire too bad tho', but I have the option of freezing and reverting bounced tracks (in Presonus Studio one).
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Sylenth wins in regards to sound quality/CPU ratio as of now BUT Spire is supposedly being optimized to match Sylenths CPU usage in a soon-ish update.

And when that happens...
Spire > Sylenth1 in every way possible except in the sheer # of preset banks and tutorials available on the internet.

can't go wrong with either, buy one now then get the other, flip a coin!
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

rjames25 wrote:Sylenth wins in regards to sound quality/CPU ratio as of now BUT Spire is supposedly being optimized to match Sylenths CPU usage in a soon-ish update.
Nope... Spire sounds every bit as good. It's more processor hungry tho'.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

pdxindy wrote:
V0RT3X wrote:
VitaminD wrote:I don't have any of the CPU issues some have with Spire.. loading tons of instances of it in a single project..

That said, I chose both. They compliment each other.
What are your system specs?
Yeah, I was wondering about that too... Spire crushes my CPU
Just a boring i5 2500 desktop on Windows 7 64-bit running at 24-bit/44.1khz (MOTU Microbook II ASIO driver) and using it mostly in Cubase Artist 7.5 64-bit version.

I keep hearing about the users where this synth crushes their CPU and I'm wondering if they are using the same synth.. Spire runs like a top on my machine. :help:

VitaminD wrote:
pdxindy wrote:
V0RT3X wrote:
VitaminD wrote:I don't have any of the CPU issues some have with Spire.. loading tons of instances of it in a single project..

Just a boring i5 2500 desktop on Windows 7 64-bit running at 24-bit/44.1khz (MOTU Microbook II ASIO driver) and using it mostly in Cubase Artist 7.5 64-bit version.

I keep hearing about the users where this synth crushes their CPU and I'm wondering if they are using the same synth.. Spire runs like a top on my machine. :help:
I agree... Sylenth is better re. cpu. But I don't find Spire too bad on my machine either, especially ever since they optimized it some time ago.

VitaminD wrote:
pdxindy wrote:
V0RT3X wrote:

I believe the Mac version of Spire is notably more hungry. That may explain the different perception.

rjames25 wrote:Sylenth wins in regards to sound quality/CPU ratio as of now BUT Spire is supposedly being optimized to match Sylenths CPU usage in a soon-ish update.
I'm sure they can improve CPU usage, and maybe split it in half, but matching Sylenth is highly unlikely.

BDeep wrote:
VitaminD wrote:
pdxindy wrote:
V0RT3X wrote:

I believe the Mac version of Spire is notably more hungry. That may explain the different perception.
I'm on a mac. I find it comparable to other similar 'big' synths. Not unusually too much. But Sylenth is very well optimized.

Diversion is the only synth that really really eats cpu. Great synth all the same! :)

Yeah, true, I tried Spire when it came out and found its hunger unbearable, but when I tried it recently, it was already much improved. Not worse than, say, Dune2 from my limited testing.

BDeep wrote:Not worse than, say, Dune2 from my limited testing.
I made the same patch in Dune2 and Spire and for 4 note chord Dune2 was 10% CPU and Spire was 38% CPU...

pdxindy wrote:
BDeep wrote:Not worse than, say, Dune2 from my limited testing.
I made the same patch in Dune2 and Spire and for 4 note chord Dune2 was 10% CPU and Spire was 38% CPU...
Hmmm, difference on my system was considerably less. But again, limited testing, I have neither synth.

chk071 wrote:
I'm sure they can improve CPU usage, and maybe split it in half, but matching Sylenth is highly unlikely.

Reveal sound uploaded a video comparing a similar supersaw patch on both spire and sylenth and they were about equal in CPU. I'm sure someone can link it - I can't from my phone right now but there IS a video floating around that demonstrates this for a "v1.10" release around the end summer 2014.

Return to “Instruments”