Komplete 10 Date - Oct. 1 2014

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

V0RT3X wrote:
egbert wrote:NI has been really busy on other hi-priority projects.

I find this kind of stuff ridiculous.

Even if i was loaded and could afford gold plated instruments, i would not buy them. That's just too little wayne
fixed that for you

NI just posted a new teaser video called "Komplete shares a glimpse of the future."

^^ sounds like a flash in the pan, now EVERYBODY knows what it is...
Last edited by budweiser on Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Guess we'll have to wait until monday.

I can't quite understand what it is about the pianos - K9 has 4 or 5? There will be even more?

I'll wait till Monday but I suspect I'll be passing on this update - I'm interested in Razor and/ or Molekular so I'm probably better waiting until the sale and picking up one or other of them and waiting for K11.

Pity NI don't do the customer credits like Camel Audio that can be used in sales.
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

UltimateOutsider wrote:NI just posted a new teaser video called "Komplete shares a glimpse of the future."
I'm really glad I've already seen all the pictures or that would have realy excited me. But we already know there are some pianos some reaktor ensembles and a keyboard with 8 knobs (only). Seeing teases of hardware would have made me think they did something actually cool like Maschine but for synths/keys.

So obviously there is not gonna be any Kontakt 6 or Reaktor 6 with this Komplete.

The selling point this time is "hybrid" integration, with a new controller.

As long as they still sell it without the kontroller, I'll probably bite at some point.

So there is gonna be a LED indicator for each knob, kind of nifty:

no Reaktor 6 no party :-D

I always find this funny when people complain that there is no software upgrade, like Reaktor 6, Kontakt 6, etc. These softwares are fully fonctionnal, stable, get regular updates, a lot of new libraries.

For me, since I bought Komplete Ultimate 8 a couple of years ago, I'll be more than happy to get around 30 more products, many of which I will surely use. The price for 2 or 3 of these products will be the price I will pay to get 27 more products. No-brainer purchase!

For the Komplete bundle, 9 more quality products for probably 150$ for an upgrade, and people find a way to complain.. You can never satisfy everyone...

Ryan99 wrote:I always find this funny when people complain that there is no software upgrade, like Reaktor 6, Kontakt 6, etc. These softwares are fully fonctionnal, stable, get regular updates, a lot of new libraries.

For me, since I bought Komplete Ultimate 8 a couple of years ago, I'll be more than happy to get around 30 more products, many of which I will surely use. The price for 2 or 3 of these products will be the price I will pay to get 27 more products. No-brainer purchase!

For the Komplete bundle, 9 more quality products for probably 150$ for an upgrade, and people find a way to complain.. You can never satisfy everyone...
There's no doubt Komplete is always a good deal as an upgrade. From previous versions before the most recent version (like from 7 or 8 to 10) is a ridiculous deal. I don't th ink anyone argues with that. It's just that people don't necessarily want more content. I don't particularly care if Reaktor 6 or Kontakt 6 comes out soon. The existing ones are fine. I was hoping Massive 2 would come out at some point but oh well. What I was more hoping for was a real hybrid hardware/software synth like Maschine is for drum machines. Imagine an NI keyboard with the controls of a Novation SL. They could make an incredibly complex synth with full hardware control easily, like Virus TI but dsp in the computer. I would say that making a sampling sequencer like Maschine that is totally hardware controllable was a much bigger feat. So it's disappointing to see them now turn to keyboards and make something with 8 knobs. That Page 1/6 with left and right arrows scares me. The number one killer of workflow on hardware is having to navigate pages of parameters one at a time. It's unusable for anything with more than a few pages if you can't directly jump to a page (and have page names).

I'd like to see their new cinematic strings and drums software in the new Komplete and more Maschine integration (and cool stuff for it).

That would make me happy.

Mike

Karmacomposer wrote:I'd like to see their new cinematic strings and drums software in the new Komplete and more Maschine integration (and cool stuff for it).

That would make me happy.

Mike
Cinematic strings? Their only strings are already in there - Session Strings (& Pro)

Ryan99 wrote:For me, since I bought Komplete Ultimate 8 a couple of years ago, I'll be more than happy to get around 30 more products, many of which I will surely use. The price for 2 or 3 of these products will be the price I will pay to get 27 more products. No-brainer purchase!
It's the same for me. All through the past year, NI's been releasing things where I was all, "Ooh, I could use that!" but I knew I'd be saving lots of $ by just waiting for the next Ultimate. (I did break down and buy Drum Lab, though.) Every Komplete update since 6 has given me compelling reasons to buy.

Of the flagship products, the only thing I'd really like to see some updates to is Massive. (Oh and I'd like Battery 4 to get back all the Battery 3 features they left out.)

I'm sure they could surprise me with some amazing new tricks for Kontakt and Reaktor, but off the top of my head I haven't found either one to be lacking in features.

Return to “Instruments”