Did the lack of a video demo hurt entrants chances?

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Plop plop fizz fizz, oh what a relief it is!
Last edited by bailees7irish on Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
[Insert Signature Here]

bailees7irish wrote:Yes, that sure seems like instant disqualification for Acon's and at least one of the two by Wok (although he didn't win anything anyway so I suppose his is moot).
Seriously, it should be looked into...but I have a feeling Ben won't. :?
It was my intention to stay out of this discussion, but I understand that I have to comment on these accusations. As you see in my quote, Multiply was developed after the announcement of the KVR DC. Yes, it uses certain modules that were already implemented, such as our low latency convolution engine, modulated fractional delay, a plug-in framework on top of JUCE (i.e parameter settings, presets, A/B comparisons, undo / redo) and such.

This is what the KVR DC rules stated:
Your entry must be an original creation made by you (your team / crew / company / family). Of course you may reuse code / modules / development frameworks, but the actual plug-in / application / sound library should be a new, original creation, not just an obviously cut-down subset of a program you have already written.
The modules I referred to are mainly from our reverb plug-in Verberate and I can't understand how anybody can come to the conclusion that Multiply should be disqualified.

Best,
Stian

stian wrote: It was my intention to stay out of this discussion, but I understand that I have to comment on these accusations. As you see in my quote, Multiply was developed after the announcement of the KVR DC. Yes, it uses certain modules that were already implemented, such as our low latency convolution engine, modulated fractional delay, a plug-in framework on top of JUCE (i.e parameter settings, presets, A/B comparisons, undo / redo) and such.

This is what the KVR DC rules stated:
Your entry must be an original creation made by you (your team / crew / company / family). Of course you may reuse code / modules / development frameworks, but the actual plug-in / application / sound library should be a new, original creation, not just an obviously cut-down subset of a program you have already written.
The modules I referred to are mainly from our reverb plug-in Verberate and I can't understand how anybody can come to the conclusion that Multiply should be disqualified.

Best,
Stian
Fair enough, sir, I'll edit my original post.
[Insert Signature Here]

bailees7irish wrote:Fair enough, sir, I'll edit my original post.
Thanks... :-)

Best,
Stian

The problem is on the following quote: "not just an obviously cut-down subset of a program you have already written."
It should have been "not just an obviously cut-down subset of a program you have already released."
Who knows if the code was written before the DC started? The devs can release old code . No one will know.

stian wrote: It was my intention to stay out of this discussion, but I understand that I have to comment on these accusations. As you see in my quote, Multiply was developed after the announcement of the KVR DC. Yes, it uses certain modules that were already implemented, such as our low latency convolution engine
i have no wish to contest the winner or bring any shadow to bear on this instance specifically as i encourage all persons to have a distrust of anything organised :lol: i prefer to only be responsible for knowing what i witness, oddly enough.

hmm.. convolution.. chorus.. phase randomisation.. thinking of a thread in the effects forum about three months back :) nrn, only parsing out loud, as usual.

(fwiw my DC victory was probably as contrived as any election :party: )
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

xoxos wrote:i have no wish to contest the winner or bring any shadow to bear on this instance specifically as i encourage all persons to have a distrust of anything organised :lol: i prefer to only be responsible for knowing what i witness, oddly enough.

hmm.. convolution.. chorus.. phase randomisation.. thinking of a thread in the effects forum about three months back :) nrn, only parsing out loud, as usual.

(fwiw my DC victory was probably as contrived as any election :party: )
I'm sorry, that doesn't ring a bell. Any links? Was I involved in the discussion?

Best,
Stian

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”