Recabinet 4

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

http://www.recabi.net

Ah, another amp sim to a/b over soonish :hihi:
Last edited by hibidy on Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

I think we need a working demo of at least a few of the models to be able to tell whether this is offering something we might want. Buying into the VIP thing - pre-order offer of 20% off - without ever playing even one of the models seems like a dubious idea.
"I got a car battery and two jumper cables that argue different."
Rust Cohle

"I, for one, welcome our new Thermionik overlords!" :hihi:

Not too fond of the prospect of future paid-for amp packs, though.

And come to think of it, for being the successor of Recabinet 3, the focus has completely shifted:
only two new cabs for the end-all-be-all cab simulator?
And no word about possible add-on cabinet packs (or any improvement in regard to being "Recabinet")?

It makes sense to implement Thermionik into Recabinet instead of making it a standalone preamp/power amp simulator.
But maybe they should have done it anyway? I think Thermionik might be great.
But as an upgrade, v4 does nothing to improve what we already have.

What exactly is Recabinet 4 now? Where is it headed to?
Obviously it has become another amp simulator, hasn't it?
I hope it excels at it.

Greetings
D.
"There's a certain detail seen here."

Debby747 wrote:"I, for one, welcome our new Thermionik overlords!" :hihi:
"All your cabs are belong to us." :P
Last edited by egbert on Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rust Cohle

duplicate
Rust Cohle

Debby747 wrote:"I, for one, welcome our new Thermionik overlords!" :hihi:

Not too fond of the prospect of future paid-for amp packs, though.

And come to think of it, for being the successor of Recabinet 3, the focus has completely shifted:
only two new cabs for the end-all-be-all cab simulator?
And no word about possible add-on cabinet packs (or any improvement in regard to being "Recabinet")?

It makes sense to implement Thermionik into Recabinet instead of making it a standalone preamp/power amp simulator.
But maybe they should have done it anyway? I think Thermionik might be great.
But as an upgrade, v4 does nothing to improve what we already have.

What exactly is Recabinet 4 now? Where is it headed to?
Obviously it has become another amp simulator, hasn't it?
I hope it excels at it.

Greetings
D.
Kazrog said on the Ultimate Metal forum that the amps are the main focus for Recabinet 4.

Yeah, I am really interested in Thermionik.
But I can't help wondering why it appears as an upgrade to Recabinet.

Okay, I don't want to lament over it or greet a product release with criticism.
I am just surprised and not sure whether I should pre-order that upgrade or not as I have enough amps already (of course NOT!).

Greetings
D.
"There's a certain detail seen here."

Hey guys. I appreciate the feedback, and I can understand some of the confusion over this announcement. Rest assured, more cabinets will be added over time as well (as freebie bonus items for all Recabinet users, VIP or otherwise), but the primary development focus of Recabinet has necessarily shifted. The world has changed a lot since Recabinet was first introduced in 2008, and it's time to tackle bigger things. Recabinet 3 was a big shift away from its predecessors as well, and there was similar confusion at the time it was released in 2011. That was the first step on the road to where we are now.

The mission from day one was "album quality guitar tone, direct." That's still the underlying philosophy and always will be.
Last edited by Kazrog on Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog

Sounds great but the GUI looks like some 3D beginner draft. Too bad...

It looks just fine I would say. There are MUCH worse GUIs out there. This one is perfectly fine to use.

@Karzog: which of the Amp and Guitar & Bass Cab models listed on the product page included in the base package? The copy states:

"Thermionik includes models of some of the most popular modern amps in Modern Classics v1, as well as some useful original creations in Kazrog Essentials v1."

And what's the likely price of these models as groups or singles?

Thanks!

nothing new, go with revalver 4

IMHO this sounds better than Revalver 4 - as far as high gain sounds are concerned. MUCH better. And those cleans are very full and vibrant, too. Shane definitely seems to be doing something nobody else is doing as far as amp modeling goes. Maybe Scuffham. But this is on another level.

EvilDragon wrote:IMHO this sounds better than Revalver 4 - as far as high gain sounds are concerned. MUCH better. And those cleans are very full and vibrant, too. Shane definitely seems to be doing something nobody else is doing as far as amp modeling goes. Maybe Scuffham. But this is on another level.
It seems better for high gain than Rev 4, which I agree with. Rev 4 was more about general guitar tones, where Recab 4 is more tailored to high gain, which is EXACTLY what I'm after. (though I do like Revalver 4 a lot) It also has amps that have never been modeled before by any developer, as far as I know: Framus Cobra and ENGL Savage, both I am MAJORLY interested in.

Upon reviewing the update options, I'm not entirely sure what is the difference. I understand that the VIP bundle includes "all upcoming Thermionik amp model packs free for 3 years," but does that mean that the regular update includes Recab 4/Thermionik as well as Modern Classics v1 and Kazrog Essentials v1? Not sure what the extra $70 for VIP gives me other than upcoming model packs.

Return to “Effects”