Overtone DSP releases RVB500 - Plate reverb

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RVB500

Special introduction price until October 2014

http://www.overtonedsp.co.uk/download/download_rvb500/

Very interesting!

The initial testing is favorable. The price is certainly right.

This thing sounds lovely! Tested on drums so far. Vocals tomorrow.
Seasoned IT vet, Mac user, and lover of music. Always learning.

Nice sounding reverb, but it would be even better with HPF & LPF implemented for better tonal control.
Damp can already act as an LPF, but adding HPF would be great IMO.
It's easy if you know how

lesha wrote:Nice sounding reverb, but it would be even better with HPF & LPF implemented for better tonal control.
Yeah a HPF is a must have for nearly every reverb plug-ins. I think that the RVB500
sounds nice and gentle, simple and affordable plug-in here. I'm pretty covered in the reverb
departement, but if it wasn't the case I'd go for this one. No brainer!

lesha wrote:Nice sounding reverb, but it would be even better with HPF & LPF implemented for better tonal control.
I agree. It's just slightly boxy on the low end so this would be nice.

I'm VERY impressed with the Overtone products I've used thus far and their full disclosure of how they emulate their circuit models is a nice change from the "Trust us, we emulated the real hardware" without real docs to back it up. Former SSL guys too! I'm looking for a good, simple reverb for drums, which is mostly what I track.

VERY interesting. At 0 sec RT60 it makes a very convincing room tone for drums. Would test more.

How does this compare against SKNote's Verbtone or UA's Plate140? I'll eventually demo it, but I'm not likely to get a chance this weekend.

Right now, I much prefer the sound of Verbtone to the Plate140, but Verbtone requires a ton of latency and can crackle a lot, making me reach for it less and less. Shame, cause it really does sound like a plate, whereas the UA version just doesn't do it for me.

I'd be interested in hearing how this compares.

Latency? Really? S1 reports no latency for this verb so I'm guessing that unless you really don't like the sound at all this is a better option. So far in live and S1 it' been peachy and reliable.

One niggle that I'm guessing the full version could possibly address is that I use busses 99% of the time and when you load it, you need to move everthing to wide/wet/mix. Minor detail but thought I'd mention it. I think it would be handy to be able to have it pop open set to those settings since they are what many will like by default.

hibidy wrote:Latency? Really? S1 reports no latency for this verb so I'm guessing that unless you really don't like the sound at all this is a better option. So far in live and S1 it' been peachy and reliable.
I was talking about SKNote's Verbtone, which crackles with low buffer sizes.

I just compared RVB500 with an all wet recording of a real 140 and with VNXT140 (Nebula) and I would say it definitely holds its own!
In fact I would say that VNXT is a bit grainier sounding. RVB500 was brighter and less wide at initial settings, but with a higher width and a touch of EQ it came really close to real 140. Anyway, this thing is really good!

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:
hibidy wrote:Latency? Really? S1 reports no latency for this verb so I'm guessing that unless you really don't like the sound at all this is a better option. So far in live and S1 it' been peachy and reliable.
I was talking about SKNote's Verbtone, which crackles with low buffer sizes.
I understand. What I'm saying is this could be right up your ally because I run at a 64 buffer and there is none of that and no latency.

Great to know. I'll have to demo it soon.

Return to “Effects”