Mixer-like ableton controller

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey,
I'm making a live set up for my gigs, I already have 2 novation launchpads as my A and B deck where I play my own songs on but I need a mixer my requirements are:
It must be £170 or cheaper,
It must work with ableton,
It must have a crossfader and knobs,
I would prefer it to be UsB powered.
I have already seen the faderfoxes and they were ideal except for they were way to expensive.
Anyone got any suggestions??
Harry

Novation announced the launch control xl a little while back, seems like it'll fit the bill. I don't know if they've started selling yet.

EDIT: didn't read your crossfader requirement. The Novation zero SL mk2 then, though it may cost a bit more than £170.

Thank for the reply and yes that looks good but it doesn't work with ableton 8 or have crossfaders

Novation SL mk2 has been around for a while, so it shouldn't be too hard to find a used one in good condition. I would avoid paying full price for it unless absolutely necessary, because an update is overdue.

I don't use Live anymore, though I used to before version 9 was released, and found that my SL mk2 worked pretty well with it out of the box. It wasn't perfect though, as for example I distinctly remember disliking the mapping for operator.

HarryP wrote:Thank for the reply and yes that looks good but it doesn't work with ableton 8 or have crossfaders
No reason why it won't work with 8
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”