Fabfilter Pro-Q 2!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Pro-Q 3

The update is not so cheap...52euros, even with all the features is a bit expensive. Their plugs are already a bit expensive,
I was thinking about a lower price. Well I'll have to wait before upgrading...

A plugin I used every day in every session since 5 years, because it sounds great, because its usability is great and because I get great results very fast! Therefore 50€ is a bargain, because I know the new features will help me increasing quality and speed for the next couple of years for every session every day.

For all the new features, for all the work they put into this. It IS definitely a great value.

If you don't use it that often, whatever reason you might have, I understand 50€ is a bit steep, for just an EQ ;)
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

Endor-8o8 wrote:The update is not so cheap...52euros, even with all the features is a bit expensive. Their plugs are already a bit expensive,
I was thinking about a lower price. Well I'll have to wait before upgrading...
As said in this thread, Fabfilter "offer" updates cost what many developers crosscrades cost - Fabfilter remains me of the Waves pre-2010, or even in late 90's when they ruled the plugin markets, their plugins were superior (and more or less only ones). In those days they didn't even sell any single plugins, to get one, you had to buy the whole, pricy bundle. But finally they had to humble themselves...

52 € is totally cool for such an upgrade, well done, Fabfilter!

The pricing is more or less in line with what they charged for the Timeless and Twin upgrades.

It's about a third from the "original" price. At least for those who already have a couple of FF plugs. In this case I'd say it is totally cool to save 65% for a totally new product.

The question is, whats it like on CPU usage?

Will my 8gb i7 pc have a meltdown if i have this plugin on 30+ channels? :?

For me it's 74.50 euro to upgrade, which still is a 50% discount. It goes down to 52 euro if I also buy all other plugins. I currently own 3 plugins from them: Pro Q, Pro MB and Saturn.

Edit: after downloading the demo version and playing around with it for like 10 minutes, I just had to buy it :lol:
Last edited by Reefius on Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

d-s-m wrote:The question is, whats it like on CPU usage?

Easy, it's half of what Pro-Q (previous version) was.

Edit: to clarify, no meltdown, CPU usage is very low, your i7 shouldn't have any problem :)

deft_bonz wrote:In this case I'd say it is totally cool to save 65% for a totally new product.
Well that's my point it's NOT a new product but an upgrade. I'm not trolling or really attacking FF, just saying that I'd prefer a lower price (around 30euro) and overall not dependent of how many FF plugs you own. The upgrade of a product shouldn't be linked to the others, it doesn't make sense to me. But let's be clear, I love their products and own them all.

deft_bonz wrote:... for a totally new product.
???
I've understood this is v2 of the FF Pro-Q.

BDeep wrote:
d-s-m wrote:The question is, whats it like on CPU usage?

Easy, it's half of what Pro-Q (previous version) was.

Edit: to clarify, no meltdown, CPU usage is very low, your i7 shouldn't have any problem :)
Funny... I don't have any problem on my 2008 Core2duo (dual core). I'm using it on about 10-16 tracks.

So, on an i7 you can guess...

Definitely not cheap, but reasonable (55€ for me).
I will test all the new features before I buy though.
GUI resizing and fullscreen mode = nice. Zoom in to frequency range = nice. Piano roll feature=nice.
With the new slopes for all filter types you can get insane curves :D
The "grab" feature looks a bit like a gimmick to me.
I was afraid of the new bypass button placement bugging me and indeed it does.
Although the "submenu" opens on mouseover it's somehow not as intuitive as it was in v1. IMO a global bypass should be visible and accessible all the time. Further, when you click the button, so the submenu stays open, it is possible that the main settings box (with the big gain, freq, q buttons) overlaps with it. Well I don't like that moving box anyway, it would be cool to have an option to make the box stationary.
Couldn't try the EQ match, natural phase mode and autogain features so far.
http://soundcloud.com/daftndaze - Jungle, Drum'n'Bass and House productions - Feedback appreciated!
----
Want to save 10% on Fabfilter Plugins/Bundles?
Then PM me if you don't own any Fabfilter stuff yet!

Harry_HH wrote:
???

Yes, but they changed the engine, and added like more than 20 new features, etc. Just the GUI is similar, but not the same.

That's why I say it is a "new" product. That's why I think the price is fair. It seems though it cannot be cheap enough for all. If it was free, other would complain it can't be good... blablabla, yadyyadyya, etcetcetc :dog:

deft_bonz wrote:
Harry_HH wrote:
???
If it was free, other would complain it can't be good... blablabla, yadyyadyya, etcetcetc :dog:
I don't think that statement is true...who complains about free update ? :?

Return to “Effects”