Help with tips on my music track.

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello.

This is my music track I worked on - Brave People. It's some uplifting bigbeat style or something. So please if you check it, give me feedback and critic of what can be improved with it.
Maybe some mixing technique you think I missing here.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/670 ... people.mp3

Thanks
Subscribe me. I need folowers.
SoundCloud / Youtube / some music

Overcompressed. It obliterates my headphones, I'm afraid to even turn the speakers on. Do A/B check with some commercial track and you'll see they have way more headroom.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

And what should I do then? Maybe you can suggest some tutorial that can explain how to avoid that?
P.S.
Well, nothing happened with my speakers. But I don't listen the music at full volume.

some good sound design on this.
look at your audio file with a wav editor...if you see a solid block of signal with very few valleys, chances are you are using too much compression. listener fatigue is handled better by some than others but almost always results in over limiting with degraded clairity in the high end.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Thanks.
Well, I m going to keep watch the mixing lessons, thought maybe someone can suggest me something exact what I could learn.

this is what i am talking about: the top pair of tracks is 50 some seconds into your track.
notice towards the back how the signal is almost completely solid? that is insanely compressed and limited. most people will feel the fatigue setting in almost immediately. the bottom pair of tracks are 50 some seconds into my latest track. the spikes never even touch the max level possible the way your track does. then theres the balance of the entire frequency spectrum. which has alot to do with mastering. your track is not only painfully loud, but has way too much energy in the treble range. i have had many comments by other KVRians telling me my mixing and mastering is very good, enough to know a little about what i'm talking about. making it sound great is something everyone is going to do differently. but a general rule is to make it comfortable to listen to, and to provide a flat frequency response so that anyone can add/cut bass mid and treble to their liking.

But isn't all electronic music hard limited this way these days? If I open any dance or dubstep track I would see same.

yeah, dance and dub are usually squashed to hell and can sound real bad when it lacks any dynamic range....... and yours is pretty extreme. knock 1.5 - 2 dB off your limiter gain and set your ceiling to -.5 dB it will sound much better :tu:

Thanks man!
I'll try that. I m not into mastering yet, just learning mixing. I adding a loud limiting compare to other songs.

Return to “Music Cafe”