AirMusic Vacuum Pro-Holy Smokes!!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Instrument Expansion Pack 2 (AVID EXCLUSIVE) Loom Classic Structure theRiser Vacuum Pro Velvet Xpand!2

I have been trying to buy the upgrade from Vacuum Pro to the collection for 129USD but I cant seem to get a Promocode- I have requested it twice, maybe they don't want my money :-( They could automate this with an automatic promo code (OR USE YOUR SERIAL) when you purchase...
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote:I have been trying to buy the upgrade from Vacuum Pro to the collection for 129USD but I cant seem to get a Promocode- I have requested it twice, maybe they don't want my money :-( They could automate this with an automatic promo code (OR USE YOUR SERIAL) when you purchase...
There certainly seems to be a problem with the promo request system....I don't think anyone received one. Have you emailed Simon (see email address in thread) for your code?

sbangs_air wrote:
EvilDragon wrote: Hmmm, no reply from Digital River in 24 hours... I hope they'll reply before the deal runs out. :/
I hope they will get in touch as soon as possible, we will honor the pricing for you either way.
That's great to know. Till when do you think I should wait for them to reply? :)

@db3 thanks for the replies mate.

Most of my questions have been answered but i'm also wondering about the resale policy.
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

musikmachine wrote:@db3 thanks for the replies mate.

Most of my questions have been answered but i'm also wondering about the resale policy.
Same here.

Armadillosound wrote:

Same here.
They don't allow resale.
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

valerian_777 wrote:
Armadillosound wrote:

Same here.
They don't allow resale.
No demo and don't allow resale :? I'm out :D

Vacuum tube circuit modeling...hmmm... it is interesting but the music demos do sound standart, I can´t get an idea if this Synth has good Filters at all. They definately need to release a Demo Version.
Induljon a banzáj!

e-modic wrote:Vacuum tube circuit modeling...hmmm... it is interesting but the music demos do sound standart, I can´t get an idea if this Synth has good Filters at all. They definately need to release a Demo Version.
I know for a FACT that it sounds like a 49$ synth.
Reality is a Condition due to Lack of Weed!

I checked out the Groove3 tutorials for Vacuum Pro. The filters sound VERY good.

EvilDragon wrote:I checked out the Groove3 tutorials for Vacuum Pro. The filters sound VERY good.
I like them... They definitely have their own sound. But are nice and snappy too, especially when you use the filter envelope and tweak to taste.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

BasariStudios wrote:
e-modic wrote:Vacuum tube circuit modeling...hmmm... it is interesting but the music demos do sound standart, I can´t get an idea if this Synth has good Filters at all. They definately need to release a Demo Version.
Vacuum Pro actually sounds damn good. What are you basing your statement on?
Bitwig Certified Trainer

I went for it... because I have a sickness. I can't pass up a cool synth that's less than I spend on dinner out on a Friday. :oops:

Here's my take on it...

I'd downgrade the thread topic to "Secular smokes!" It's a good plug in with a few interesting features, but it's nothing that pushes the quality limit that other synths mentioned previously have set. It's solid though, and I like the overdriven gain stage sound better than FXpansion's take on that. I always find their stuff to sound a bit "stiff" when over driven. The UI is OK. Looks cool but it's cluttered and could benefit from a bit of color coding to differentiate the stages and functions. Also, I'm 100% sure no synth plug in needs a virtual keyboard, and if you want to include it make it a separate popup window. Use the extra space to stretch out a bit. I'd also appreciate if it had a modern mod matrix so one could get a bit more kooky with modulation. Overall though, a cool little synth. Interesting and at that price it's pretty much a no-brainer. If you already own Diva, don't expect it to take over all your VA needs but if you want something that offers a different flavor, it's a good one.

I have to be critical of their business practices. No demo. No resale. I bet it's why many of us waited until it was $49 instead of getting it for full price. Shame really, because I think it could be one of the more talked about instruments here if they could get the word out, but I know there are just too many of us who won't buy a synth we can't demo or return.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

billcarroll wrote:
BasariStudios wrote:
Vacuum Pro actually sounds damn good. What are you basing your statement on?
Actually my comment came out bad, it was against emodic comment...I meant it sounds good...
commenting on how cheap it is to buy it now.

I think they got a Hit, especially with the sales now but there is few really big downsides.
Of course we all have different experiences, I personally do not see using much of Strike
and Structure, I own WAAYYYYY better then this for what they are but Loom, Vacuum and
Hybrid I will probably use on a daily basis, almost as much as I use Diva, Blue 2, KV311 and Zebra.
Velvet is not my cupcake, almost 99.99 % of the time I never need an electric Piano.
The downsides I mentioned are related to marketing, sales, registrations, downloads, installations...
its a HELL of a ride...but not to Sounds at All! These things are awesome once you pass all
of the tests on the Road to actually turning them on and playing...its worth it.
Let me clarify:

1. I own over 25 000$ of Sample Based Instruments, its very simple, you either download or on DVD,
you copy to your Samples Disk. You have a simple installer of the Instrument ala pLay, Wusik e tc...
You open the instrument after installation and you simply pinpoint where the content is...DONE!
AirMusic is different...you download 70GB, they have to be extracted, once extracted you HAVE TO
install the Instrument with the CONTENT AGAIN!!! it becomes 140GB. Now, which one you throw in trash,
obviously you don't need both. If you keep original downloads it takes double space, if you keep
Installed Content you are screwed if you need reinstall, you can not keep them on an Samples HDD
and then after reinstallation just pinpoint back the Location to the instrument. Then you need the
originals again...oh yes i know about DVDs, external HDDs and all that crap...NO!!! I am talking
that it should be simple as gazillion of other instruments out there.
2. Installation is also hell, it will install everything, RTS, AX, VST Content and everything,
not a single option at all of anything except of WHERE it goes. After Installation, you have to take
the whole content of Strike or Structure or whatever, and move it to wherever you keep your libraries
and once you open the software HOLY GRAIL! There is the option to find the content.
3.Registration is not as hellish as the above 2 but hell, for each one i have to retype everything
unless you have automation on your browser.

Lol...but nevertheless great synths.

Return to “Instruments”