DDMF is going to release THE STRIP

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TheStrip

Sorry for the double post, but this question is actually burning on my soul.

It's been a while since I used the 88RS on a UAD, especially since I don't have one myself. But I can't remember if the filters/gain were stepped? I know that the 1081 and 1073 are. But I'm not too sure on the 88RS flagship console.

So yeah... if this is really a 88RS clone (though sadly not with the fixed/program dependent attack), will the knobs be stepped or not?

Because this is why I love the Nomad Factory British EQ so much: stepped frequencies and gain!
Not a lot of NEVE clones have that. Almost all of them are all continuously variable.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote:It's been a while since I used the 88RS on a UAD, especially since I don't have one myself. But I can't remember if the filters/gain were stepped? I know that the 1081 and 1073 are. But I'm not too sure on the 88RS flagship console.
None of the controls on the UAD 88RS plugin are stepped.

The DDMF Strip doesn't look to me like an 88RS emulation -- no hysteresis control on the gate, no "Hi-Q" buttons on the high/low EQ bands, and the variable attack controls you mentioned. But that's OK, I'm sure it will be a great value in any case.

Cheers,
Eddie
The future exists in all directions.

Thanks for all the interest! Just briefly, some answers to questions that popped up:

- it's not a clone of anything, it's a pure DDMF design. So also, no stepped values.
- the values are being shown while turning the sliders, or when just clicking on them. I think this is a good compromise of keeping a clean interface while still having the information ready when it's needed.
- demo and full version should be out by the end of the week, a manual will of course also be available then.
- the price will be $49 later, $39 (20 % off) during the first 4 weeks.

Hope this clarifies some things! Now on to do some final tweaking... :-)

thanks a lot. and good call on keeping the interface clean while still showing the values if clicking/editing. I like that.
thanks for answering those questions!
It's not what you use, it's how you use it...

So not emulating anything, but will still have 'analogue modeling', it, harmonic distortion and the like?

Get that tweaking done I'm ready to purchase!

docdued wrote:Thanks for all the interest! Just briefly, some answers to questions that popped up:

- it's not a clone of anything, it's a pure DDMF design. So also, no stepped values.
- the values are being shown while turning the sliders, or when just clicking on them. I think this is a good compromise of keeping a clean interface while still having the information ready when it's needed.
- demo and full version should be out by the end of the week, a manual will of course also be available then.
- the price will be $49 later, $39 (20 % off) during the first 4 weeks.

Hope this clarifies some things! Now on to do some final tweaking... :-)
great - like the simple design. Is there any chance there will be MIDI control? Would love to be able to control with a knob bank midi controller and EQ by hand...
Presets for u-he Diva -> http://swanaudio.co.uk/

Now, there's a developer WITH BALLS.

Don't need to imitate nothing, this is HIS OWN thing, for the better (or for the worst).

I salute developers like you, Christian !! :tu: :clap:
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

OK that's an instabuy. i'll demo it for sure, but i'll likely buy it anyway :-D
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

I'm a slight bit disappointed that it's not a 88RS clone after the great Portico one.
But I'll take it for a spin regardless. And I wasn't too far off with the price either. :tu:

Is there a chance to take a dive at the manual already?
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

bought the neve clone and almost didn't used it but i might revisit this one looks interesting too

When is the release?

[Re: the hidden parameter values discussion]

What's the advantage of designing every convenient aspect away from a channel strip -- a processor that can basically only justify its existence by *being* convenient? :shrug:
I don't work here, I just feed the trolls.
My sales thread @ Market Place
My website with lots of free stuff:
Sampled drums and instruments | Clipping plugin | Shure SRH840 EQ correction presets | SFZ syntax mode for Coda2

I have the impression that many misjudge the plugin based only on the interface
"looks like this, similar to that"... but... what do you care if the graphic seems Neve or others? It's the sound that counts, no?
The DDMF has always made good and affordable products and as always I give him trust...

Citing John Lennon: "Give DDMF a chance!"

Compyfox wrote:It'd be nice if the developer would chime in here to answer Q's. :tu:
Or perhaps he would prefer if his beta testers didn't make his announcement for him.

Return to “Effects”