"Keep me logged in" feature... doesn't.

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I browse KvR from at home and at work. I use Chrome at both places. I get logged out on a regular basis regardless of whether I check the "keep me logged in" checkbox.

Is it possible that the dense thicket of filters and blockers and whatnot that my connection is forcibly strained through at work as something to do with it, or is it just a broken feature? :scared:

+1 for this being annoying, and I've noticed it being significantly worse recently. Not sure what I mean by recently, but it's how it seems to me.

I only use one browser on one computer, so that's not the issue for me. I do use that computer from both home and work, if that's relevant, but typically (I'm a web developer myself professionally) such things are browser cookies + magic security fairy dust, shouldn't matter what route your browser takes to get there.

Does anyone know if there have been changes to how this is implemented, or to other infrastructure that would affect it?

You certainly should stay logged in across browsers and devices! I stay logged in via my desktop, laptop, iPad and phone (often on different networks) and never get logged out so I don't know why you would be.

Have you tried: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2&t=136424

Thanks for chiming in Ben. No I hadn't seen that post, just tried it, we'll see how it goes.

FWIW, before doing that, this behavior of getting logged out frequently but not all the time happens to me a lot, really a lot. Pretty annoying.

Don't know if this should or does make a difference, but I use only one device, a laptop, but sometimes it's at home wirelessly, sometimes at home over Ethernet, sometimes at work, wired or wireless. I wouldn't think the same device changing networks would make a difference to cookie authentication, but maybe it does.

Happens to me a lot too.

Return to “Site Stuff”