blewm by xoxos update

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

while the update may make no immediate perceptual difference, it is certain to be significantly healthier for use of any duration.

iirc i exported a couple dozen samples last week and about a quarter of them bore an observable nyquist. knowing exactly how this occured i opened my text editor to see, yes, i'd done a < nyquist instead of a <= somewhere ;)

there are no other changes apart from the info graphic being amended to indicate that pressing 'G' will toggle the animation.

http://xoxos.net/blewm.zip
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Downloading now. I've been having a lot of fun with this.
Was the Nyquist thing that grainy, low level percussive buzz that played sometimes?

I was about to go to bed.... but I just pressed the play button..... oops! :hihi:

I'm hoping you have a few surprises in store for this little gem. Multiple outputs for drums, bass, chords and other sounds would be wonderful (five points from me if you can do this before voting closes ;) ). Love the sounds too, particularly some of those kicks and basses.

the nyquist-in-snare thing is more likely to manifest as a dullness, burning and/or ringing occuring days after listening :p the buzz i think you mean, lol, that occurs often at song transitions.. :) it's produced by chorus delays switching to a new length or bottoming out (when that clicking occurs you'll hear either the pad or lead chorus has significant modulation). ..which could validate a bugfix, but given the simplicity of the build it adds interest, as do the occasionally extreme chorus settings imo :ud:

no added functions in updates during august :borg:
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Ah, IC. Nyquist as in resonance at Nyquist then? Might've been why my cat looked very interested at certain moments!!

The chorus delay switching can be a little distracting sometimes but this is still a very cool little creative device. In fact, I have had it running and recording in REAPER since I downloaded this update and a VERY cool moment has occurred which has inspired me to make a whole new song (I made productive use of the 'h' key and the 's' key to extend and grab the moment ;) ).

I guess you're cool with us using some of these moments to formulate the basis of new compositions?

I might just give this five points anyway!! ....and I'll post the new song here when it is done too :tu:

Cool, I'll check it out and listen to the difference. Link helps, too, this year they totally hid the dc entry page, I mean, where is it?
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

as said i'd collated a set of samples from it for promo since there may be people who may not have been intrigued otherwise.

but my news article for the update got knocked back (i had neglected to seek out the "publish" button after i hit the "submit news article" button.. :hihi: ) and it's the w/e now *tumbleweed*

doubt the news article will make it as "xoxos blewm updated" is 19 characters and the minimum for a headline is 20. exclamation points aren't me and i don't think adding "daaaaaang" at the end would have maintained the sort of clean, ordered aesthetic dear god i can write some shit can't i

xoxos needs to post a bugfix update - isn't that widely considered a harbinger of the apocalypse?

Great plug indeed.
I enjoyed using it

Nicely done

Thank you xoxos :) i'm really having fun using blewm, and it even fills in a gap when i'm lost for inspiration.
Hope you continue updating this.

Happy holidays, cheers!

thanks for the appreciation :)

Happy New Year xoxos :tu:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”