New to the forums. getting back into making music. can use some critiques

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,
a few months back I got the itch to get back into my electronic music and to take it seriously. Been cracking on an EP that will hopefully be out soon within the next few weeks (working on mastering now) but decided to start and finish a new track to give my mind a breather and finish in within a 24 hour period as sort of a challenge.

It's a weird little tech house piece titled "Mir". The mastering is admittedly rough and will go back and tweak that soon but i was looking for some feedback.

Enjoy

https://soundcloud.com/particleray/mir-rough-master

Seems to be mixed pretty clean which is nice (At least what I can hear on my MBP speakers lol)

Welcome back to music making!
:borg:

Ok i'm having a listen on my KRK KNS8400 headphones and the first thing i am hearing is a lack of lows. I imagine that for this type of music you probably should put more emphasis on the kick ?

The mids and highs seem decently balanced, but again you should consider working on the low end. Another thing you might want to look into is the loudness of your track as it seems a bit low. (Either that or i'm going deaf, which could be possible)

So in short,

Get some sidechain compression, do some more EQ work and maybe use a Limiter to squeeze out a few more DBs.
:borg:

Got some nice stuff happening here Particle. Listening on headphones, reckon that I agree with VORT3X about some more lows.
Volume level isn't a concern for me.
Well done! :)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Thanks for the advice so far. I haven't reuploaded it yet but i have messed to the kick and a little more weight to the bassline just above where the kick sits with the eq and its made a bit of a difference.

About the volume issue i am kind of scared pushing the vol much with limiters and normalization in general just for the risk of distorting the overall track. Any personal tips on pushing the volume without risk of distortion? If it helps i am using FLstudio 11.

Volume problem solved. used the vst "volume eleven" and its a no brainer simple boost and easy to tweak until in sounds right. (not reuploaded due to lack of pro account)

Return to “Music Cafe”