PsyGen, PsyBox and Ambitron from M-RGT?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Ambitron psyBOX psyGEN

Hi there.
So, i understand the fact that M-RGT plugins are not available anymore. But, what can do a desperate man like me who desperatly wants to buy those masterpieces ?

Not much. I do not have authorization to sell them as they are not my intellectual property. See if someone who owns them wants to sell.

SonaNyl wrote:So, i understand the fact that M-RGT plugins are not available anymore. But, what can do a desperate man like me who desperatly wants to buy those masterpieces ?
Sorry mate, only from my cold dead hands 8)

It is such a shame that the dev has disappeared, this gems really deserved to be enjoyed by everybody interested in this kind of sound.

You got a PM. :)
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

I received no PM.

The reply was for SonaNyl. Sorry for the confusion.
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Eyey, is there anyone who knows where i could get the M-RGT Psygen plugin?
Please leave a message. Thanks!

Can the M-RGT stuff now be viewed as abandonware?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abandonware

Numanoid wrote:Can the M-RGT stuff now be viewed as abandonware?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abandonware

probably. not that that really means anything.

also...it unfortunately seems that they werent so much abandoned, as something might have befallen boris. unless ive missed some news...he kind of just disappeared.

in any case...i have triple back ups.
ImageImageImage

I got 2 or 3 copies back up myself.

But it seems sad that such great software should be locked away, out of reach of interested users who only got to know about it too late.

And as it is only 32 bits, it also got a best-by-date with many DAW's now only accepting 64 bit plugs.

agreed, its a shame, not only for these instruments, but for ones that might have been made.

though i dont see 32 bit not working at all any time soon.

im not up on all the ins and outs of every daw...which ones can you not use 32 bit plugs with? cant you just bridge them?
ImageImageImage

chaosWyrM wrote:though i dont see 32 bit not working at all any time soon.
I guess you right, me neither as I am using FL Studio
chaosWyrM wrote:im not up on all the ins and outs of every daw...which ones can you not use 32 bit plugs with? cant you just bridge them?
I know 64 bit plugs can be bridged in 32 bit DAW, but it's not quite clear to me if 32 bit plugs can be bridged in 64 bit DAWs, I never tried it out.

Numanoid wrote: .... but it's not quite clear to me if 32 bit plugs can be bridged in 64 bit DAWs, I never tried it out.
Yes, they can. Cubase & FL Studio can do it. I don't know about jBridge or other DAW software.

But I try to avoid bit bridging. I use Cubase 8 64 bit for 64 bit plugins & FL Studio 12 for 32 bit plugins. I have/use few 32 bit-only plugins though... SQ8L, Ambitron, and Komplexer - I think that's all.

lol...funny, i thought it was harder to bridge 64 bit plugs into 32 bit daws. no real reason i thought that...just did.

anyway...from the jbridge site:

"Using inter-process communication mechanisms, it aims to make it possible to run 32bit plugins in 64bit hosts, 64bit plugins in 32bit hosts, or even bridging 32bit plugins to 32bit hosts, allowing to overcome the memory limitations of a single 32bit process, in this last case."

so...its all good.

for now.

i know people complain about stability when bridging...but personally...i use 32 bit plugs all the time...ive never had an issue with it.
ImageImageImage

Why the name M-RGT?

Earlier it was BK synthlabs, which made sense in that the dev is called Boris Kovalev.

Was M-RGT a one man firm, or a team ?

Return to “Instruments”