LinPlug RMV

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

When I load in a new loop that becomes sliced, can I use single slices in the trigger pads, can I assign them to on trigger pad?

Cheers
classic

classic wrote:When I load in a new loop that becomes sliced, can I use single slices in the trigger pads, can I assign them to on trigger pad?

Cheers
classic
Can you explain a bit more what you are trying to do?

Are you wanting to load one of the loops and have it automatically sliced to pads?

Maybe something else. You really have to be specific.

It will most likely be possible. But doing very simple things with this vst is very painful. And after spending an hour or two figuring it out, if you want to do it again in a few weeks, you have to spend another hour or two to figure it out.

RMV is either for people that only have one Drum solution and can spend the time figuring its intricacies out, or for someone like me that has so much drum software that it's just a bonus.

When you say 'trigger pads', do you mean the internal trigger pads of the vst, or the trigger pads of a controller perhaps?

It is a nightmare working with midi and dragging and dropping the parts on to the sequencer. But when you figure it out, it is very powerful and a whole new world of beats and grooves opens up to you. Lots of stuff is very counter intuitive with RMV. And lots of stuff just can not be done.

I think that Peter and Frank had a very definite design goal in their mind when they designed this and they maybe went a little bit too far down the river.

Just my humble opinion. I'm not the cleverest person in the world. It seems like they have cut their losses now anyway. But still, give LinPlug a shout for customer support - they are very good. Or try the LinPlug forum here at KVR.

(I just spent half an hour trying to do what I thought you were describing, but I've totally forgot how this plug in works, sorry)

It's such a great interface and gui, and the drum sounds are fantastic. Just need to use it every day or else. Maybe some one that is familiar can help you if you provide more info.

i like RMiV better than RMV simply because it does'nt have the beatslicer/looper. a function better handled by other plugins! or in my case, My DAW...Energy XT2!
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote:i like RMiV better than RMV simply because it does'nt have the beatslicer/looper. a function better handled by other plugins! or in my case, My DAW...Energy XT2!
A few people say that.

I think it's fair to say that RMV was a failed project.

I can see the amount of effort that went into it. But all concerned cut their losses which was the sensible thing to do.

Having said that, it has some capabilities that no other drum software has. It has some amazing drum sounds (bit limited).

I won't ever sell my copy.

I hope that the experience didn't knock the wind out of the sails of the dev team.

I would love to see an RMV-2. Or rather RMVI.

I would strip it of its nonsense drum synth. Do away with that. Keep the rest of the drum sounds, but take some time to pair them down. They are very repetitive. Overhaul the sequencer/beat slicer. I guess it is too much trouble. It is just too ingrained to the code now. It will never happen. It's over.

But I love it in the way an afficionado loves a rare classic car. Some people get to own rare analogue synths. I get to own RMV. I love its idiosyncrasies.

It always always brings something to the party, even when no one else can.

I love it to bits. And the GUI is to die for.

It is a masterpiece. In its own way.
Last edited by codec_spurt on Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

No.

dea-man wrote:No.
Yes.

"No", I said!

dea-man wrote:"No", I said!

Fair enough.

This puppy has every trick in the book though.

Low end bass drums. 909 type stuff.

Great little midi patterns.

I'm prepared to meet you half way round the block with this.

I kind of like the drum synth. I also like a lot of the content.

I don't think I've ever used the beat slicer, though.
Even if the piano player can't play, keep the party going.
http://www.soundclick.com/mumpcake
https://mumpfucious.wordpress.com/

mumpcake wrote:I kind of like the drum synth..
:tu: +1

the drum synth does good o'l vintage tr606 drums on my tracks very often!
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

I don't know, I guess I just haven't spent enough time with RMV.

I was never THAT impressed with the sounds.

And, the interface and workflow seemed so convoluted, that I just never really figured out, how to make it do anything I really want.

I always wished for a version with just the synthesizer elements - no samples or loops. A CM-505 big brother so to speak :)
"Micro Kid speaks digi-talk.."

Return to “Instruments”