Komplete 10 Date - Oct. 1 2014

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

MillerSam wrote:No Molekular in the standard version will be not nice -.-
That would be giving too much away if they did that. The regular price of the K8 to K9 upgrade is the same price as Molekular (€149). So they'd either have to basically charge double that for the K9 to K10 upgrade, or simply not include Molekular.

Ultimate is clearly the way to go this time 'round......when it goes on sale for half price, of course. :wink:
"The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense, not between right and wrong." - Carl Jung

stroker_ace wrote:
That would be giving too much away if they did that. The regular price of the K8 to K9 upgrade is the same price as Molekular (€149). So they'd either have to basically charge double that for the K9 to K10 upgrade, or simply not include Molekular.

Ultimate is clearly the way to go this time 'round......when it goes on sale for half price, of course. :wink:
But they do include a few new piano's, Session Horns and Supercharger, Driver and the new Reaktor ensembles. Which counts up to well over $150.
What I'm saying, pricing of individuals haven't got a big impact of the pricing of the bundles. That's the main draw of Komplete, it's too good to pass up. Very clever of NI really.

I think Kontour might be some kind of rotary or cabinet simulation and Rounds seems like a Razor type synthesizer for FM synthesis. Really curious about what Polyplex does.

BDeep wrote:
stroker_ace wrote:

But they do include a few new piano's, Session Horns and Supercharger, Driver and the new Reaktor ensembles. Which counts up to well over $150.
What I'm saying, pricing of individuals haven't got a big impact of the pricing of the bundles. That's the main draw of Komplete, it's too good to pass up. Very clever of NI really.
Hopefully Action Strikes, and the other releases between will be included in that too?

BDeep wrote:
stroker_ace wrote:

There's price tag value, and there's actual value, and Molekular's worth a helluva lot more to the vast majority of people than Session Horns+Supercharger+Driver are, even though the latter's price tag value is higher.

NI obviously knows this. It's not like they picked things to include in K10 at random. They don't include any of their latest and greatest in their standard Komplete updates......unless, obviously, it's something made for the launch of a new Komplete.

If I was sitting at K9, those new Reaktor ensembles would need to be really sweet to get me to upgrade to K10. Without those, it's an extremely "meh" update, imo.

But I'm sitting at KU9, and KU10 is going to be an extraordinary update, imo, no matter what those new Reaktor ensembles are like.

They probably made K10 so relatively weak on purpose so people will jump right to KU10.
"The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense, not between right and wrong." - Carl Jung

BBFG# wrote:
BDeep wrote:
stroker_ace wrote:

Hopefully Action Strikes, and the other releases between will be included in that too?
I'm pretty sure that's how it goes (for Ultimate).

And if it is, KU10 is shaping up really nicely:

Molekular
Rise & Hit
Action Strikes
Session Horns Pro
Kinetic Metal
Discovery Series: Cuba
Supercharger GT

+ the new stuff

Is there any way they don't include Molekular, or anything else on this list, in KU10? That would be against the rules, wouldn't it?

It looks like us KU9 owners are about to get too much for our money! Based on KU8 to KU9 pricing, a mere 400 dollars/euros (200 at Christmas, hopefully) brings all this home.

I will almost feel guilty.

stroker_ace wrote: I'm pretty sure that's how it goes (for Ultimate).
And if it is, KU10 is shaping up really nicely:

Molekular
Rise & Hit
Action Strikes
Session Horns Pro
Kinetic Metal
Discovery Series: Cuba
Supercharger GT
+ the new stuff
Is there any way they don't include Molekular, or anything else on this list, in KU10? That would be against the rules, wouldn't it?
It looks like us KU9 owners are about to get too much for our money! Based on KU8 to KU9 pricing, a mere 400 dollars/euros (200 at Christmas, hopefully) brings all this home.

I will almost feel guilty.
Add Cuba; Drum Lab; and the last Abbey Roads to that list too!

So I'm most likely in for the Ultimate Upgrade depending on price. :borg:

I'm currently on K8 as I only ever bother with every second update - the cost-value at that for me is usually pretty excellent. I'm not so much into the sampled stuff so for me the interesting parts are the 3 new Reaktor Ens, Drumlab possibly and the stuff from K9 which I've been patiently waiting on - Monark, Battery 4 in particular.

The one I'd love to see included but it's looking like it's not going to be there is Molekular. Although they sometimes include a Voucher with the standard Komplete so that might be the way to snag that if I don't feel the need to upgrade the K10U.

At this rate, I'll need to setup a spreadsheet to track the contents of K8, K8U, K9, K9U, K10 and K10U just so I can be sure I'm getting the best deal and I'm not being distracted by shiney shiney new toys like a magpie.....

+1

On k8, having molekular would have made it an instabuy on the upgrade, but now Im really going to have to think about it. Never used battery much, Im sure the new ensembles will be nice and all, but without molekular......I dunno

jeye_musik wrote: At this rate, I'll need to setup a spreadsheet to track the contents of K8, K8U, K9, K9U, K10 and K10U just so I can be sure I'm getting the best deal and I'm not being distracted by shiney shiney new toys like a magpie.....
There already is one - up to K9U at any rate: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=378985

I'm on K8 as well, but I'm waiting for then next Kontakt update before I update. Looks like that will be K11 then. And it saves me money in the mean time.

I was pretty sure I wouldn't want this. Now I know :ud:

@K8/haven't upgraded: For me it was simple. The updated products like battery 4, monark, the solid eq/comps, and a couple of other things I can't remember were worth the 150 bucks it cost me at the time. I have no regrets about that upgrade. Considering the upgrade price, you guys might now be in a similar situation and get some of the goodies of 10 I won't :cool:

Gamma-UT wrote:
jeye_musik wrote: At this rate, I'll need to setup a spreadsheet to track the contents of K8, K8U, K9, K9U, K10 and K10U just so I can be sure I'm getting the best deal and I'm not being distracted by shiney shiney new toys like a magpie.....
There already is one - up to K9U at any rate: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=378985
What a thoroughly fantastic resource, thanks for the heads-up and thanks to all those involved in pulling it together.

Cheers!

I'm still on K8 Ultimate as well. Does anybody have an idea of what the upgrade from K8U to K10U will cost. Too bad Molekular isn't included in standard as I could do without the sample stuff in Ultimate.

UltimateOutsider thanks for the Native Instruments Komplete Version Comparison spreadsheet.

If You extrapolate from what was included in previous versions Komplete 10 will be a major and desirable release. It may get the release of the year award. Is there such and award? That is if I extrapolated correctly. :D

Return to “Instruments”