The I promise I will not buy more gear-thread

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

trimph1 wrote:Seem to have found nothing crossing my interest lately
Lots of things interest me, but none of them are cheap enough to "just"buy them. :) (Octatrack, I'm looking at you!)

(I did import a Mbira this week and bought a PCM-M10 the week before, so my music budget is exhausted for the moment anyway. I sold my Bitwig license even.)

hibidy wrote:This thread is a waste of money :hihi:
:clown:
"It dreamed itself along"

trimph1 wrote:Seem to have found nothing crossing my interest lately

Which is a good thing. :)
There isn't much.

I bought a Devi Ever Rocket pedal from eBay a couple of days ago. It joins ranks with my Red Witch Fuzz God II and ProCo Rat clone, so I am pretty well covered for analog distortion. (Still keeping that DanElectro French Toast on my Amazon list though...)

After picking up WOW II recently my desire for a real analog filter has cooled too. I can say with at least some confidence, I will not buy more gear for a while. I think I need to get back into music-making mode instead of shopping mode.

I fell over a Fender Standard guitar and it followed me home....honest!!! :shock: :hihi:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

I got some stuff in the marketplace for sale if anyone is interested. Figured this was the best place to advertise it :hihi:
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

I PROMISE I won't buy anymore gear. There's a good chance I can promise I'll only have one meal today. I am disabled due to Stage 4 thoracic large cell cancer. My SSI check barely pays the rent and I am constantly doing the utility shuffle. If not for Obamacare I wouldn't be able to afford my meds. Thank God for free plug in devs. The therapist says the music helps the depression. de la Mancha is a saint for raising funds for cancer research. The hardest part is not looking sick and not looking 62. I've played it all from Do Wop to Hip Hop. Maybe I'll get lucky and win PCH before I pull a RW! :hihi:

After a couple Valhalla plugins and Sylenth1 when it goes on sale next month... I need to take a break from hobby-spending :)

Some guy in a uniform turned up at my door yesterday. His van said "Postal Service" on the side :|

He dropped off some boxes containing strange looking electronic equipment with lots of buttons and flashing lights. I've never seen anything like it. Pretty sure it's a mistake!

Does anyone have advice? How can I avoid this happening again in the future? :hihi:
... space is the place ...

ZenPunkHippy wrote:Some guy in a uniform turned up at my door yesterday. His van said "Postal Service" on the side :|

He dropped off some boxes containing strange looking electronic equipment with lots of buttons and flashing lights. I've never seen anything like it. Pretty sure it's a mistake!

Does anyone have advice? How can I avoid this happening again in the future? :hihi:

Giorgio giorgio, where art thou giorgio...?????

Why in the mother ship, of course :hihi:

More than 2000 years ago, looking through the populous streets full of shops of Athens, one man called Socrates said: "There are many things here... ... ... That I have not need "...

... This thing called Wisdom!

f**k that!

BUY THEM ALL!!!!!!!!!

I'm with hibidy! :hihi:
... space is the place ...

I don't wanna start a polemic but I use to buy just\only what I really need and what alloy my pockets\billfold... And I'm with myself! :hihi:

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”