IKM SampleTank 3 (ST3) Now Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Yes sound library updates and patches are absolutely unique to this product and IK... :roll:

Edit - redacted, was not pertinent to those interested in ST3
must be something new in Sampletank line... i dont remember ever updating the patches/sounds for ST 2 or ST 2 powered libriaries...

just imagine... i was interested enough to purchase the pre-order...

but could not handle being "strung" along another day!!!

:tu:

If you end up dragging the Pattern files across, watch out for the "13_Percussion" folder.

The old files are named, e.g. Agogo Batucada1_130bpm_4bar.mid
and the new ones are, e.g. Agogo Batucada1 130 bpm_4bar.mid
so you could end up with duplicates.

Not sure what will happen if you have used any of the old patterns in your instruments.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Teksonik wrote:Ok got it.....drag the last nested zip file out of all the other folders then it will unzip.
Do this then run the installer program......worked fine here.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

neverenoughfunk wrote: must be something new in Sampletank line... i dont remember ever updating the patches/sounds for ST 2 or ST 2 powered libriaries...
There was a sound update for Miroslav Philharmonik.

Edit - Also forgot to mention I've forwarded the discussion about the sound update here too.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
neverenoughfunk wrote: must be something new in Sampletank line... i dont remember ever updating the patches/sounds for ST 2 or ST 2 powered libriaries...
There was a sound update for Miroslav Philharmonik.

Edit - Also forgot to mention I've forwarded the discussion about the sound update here too.
Ok thanks. It appears the final zip folder is just nested too far deep in other folders to unzip....at least here on Win 7. Dragging it outside of the structure worked and then the updater program worked fine.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

jsp1979 wrote:My experience with the sound update was less than stellar. I unzipped the download folder and then unzipped the windows version. I ran it and I was told that the update failed. No other reason given. So, I go to delete it and I'm told that some of the file names are too long.

I moved the Windows updater folder onto the Desktop to reduce the file name length. Ran the updater as administrator to be extra sure. I selected the correct folder. Before continuing the update, I was told that I was missing a Marktree folder and to insert it. Where? I have no idea. What's it talking about? Beats me. I canceled the update. I opened Sampletank to search for Marktree which in Sonar X3 is like brain surgery because the keyboard commands go to the DAW and not the plugin (even with the keyboard icon depressed). I see the listing for Marktree. I try to load it and I'm told that the instrument is missing in the Synth Pads category. So, I add a Marktree folder to that directory and run the updater again. This time it actually completes, but in the process, it deletes the folder it had asked me to add and the Marktree it added was (as one would expect) put in the percussion category.

I should've just copied over and replaced.

EDIT: In defense of Sonar X3, it appears that the keyboard icon *sometimes* works and puts all keystrokes to the plugin. It did not when I tried it earlier.
Yep got that Marktree folder message also..

IK Multimedia coulve include Taiko Drums library in SampleTank 3. Its quite popular now and i havent heard anyone would be putting Taiko library by default. Im pretty sure it would benefit for SampleTank.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: By the way, for those concerned about downloading the sound update, it is 47.8MB - sorry I didn't share that since it would have provided perspective to those that are glad they cancelled their order (I'm glad that you are glad too!) and those who would not have the sound library update in their IK User Area to download.
:P

Those waiting on the demo don't honestly think it will be released before all the pre orders are in the hands of their ownwers.... do you?

Why would a company give customers an opportunity to potentially cancel orders? Doesn't make sense.

jrides wrote:Those waiting on the demo don't honestly think it will be released before all the pre orders are in the hands of their ownwers.... do you?

Why would a company give customers an opportunity to potentially cancel orders? Doesn't make sense.
The bulk of preorders were downloads and this is not the reason at all. The update should have been out by now and the issue I mentioned before is being tested now so it shouldn't be too long. I appreciate the patience and understand any lack thereof in those cases too.

jrides wrote:Those waiting on the demo don't honestly think it will be released before all the pre orders are in the hands of their ownwers.... do you?

This seems to be the IK way, doesn't it?
Stick it to as many as possible before the market can do anything about it.
I was going to cancel today, but I know the email won't even be read until Monday anyway.
So IK gets a 'three day perform or quit' from me because of that.

BBFG# please see my message above. We are not holding the demo for any other reason than the late bug I mentioned which has been fixed and is being tested now. I know you will make the best decision for you and wish you the best either way.

NM.
Got it.

I do understand your point and frustration, though, just to be clear. If I had a typewriter I'd be sitting here typing "It should have been out already. It should have been out already." over and over in true "The Shining" style by now. On a word processor it seems and becomes pointless though, thankfully. Who knows, the "undisclosed location"/bunker mentioned earlier could be an empty old hotel this winter...

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:I do understand your point and frustration, though, just to be clear. If I had a typewriter I'd be sitting here typing "It should have been out already. It should have been out already." over and over in true "The Shining" style by now. On a word processor it seems and becomes pointless though, thankfully. Who knows, the "undisclosed location"/bunker mentioned earlier could be an empty old hotel this winter...
:lol: Complete with it's ghostly victims enticing others to their death?
You should really contemplate your analogies all the way through Peter. :wink:

Return to “Instruments”