---

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

---
Last edited by Chapelle on Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I don't get it. I signed up for their new "On Soundcloud" program and all it do is allowing me to upload a track like I usually do in the my normal Soundcloud account. I don't see anything different, no ads or anything about pricing. I must be blind. :lol: I received their email this morning and signed up immediately.

As I understand it, it's a feature not implemented yet, so be patient until you get flooded by ads.

Key sentence: SoundCloud is home to a huge number of remixes and mashups, and Universal, Sony and Warner Music are pushing to get their share of royalties from those additional tracks.

Which should end: without directly paying the artists who produce them any money....

---
Last edited by Chapelle on Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chapelle wrote:
SampleScience wrote:I don't get it. I signed up for their new "On Soundcloud" program and all it do is allowing me to upload a track like I usually do in the my normal Soundcloud account. I don't see anything different, no ads or anything about pricing. I must be blind. :lol: I received their email this morning and signed up immediately.
Their FAQ says that ads are only available if you're a Premier partner, which currently is available via invite-only and only in the US.

With the Free, Pro and Pro Premium plans, no ads will be served on your tracks.

http://help.soundcloud.com/customer/por ... er-partner
I got an invitation this morning (although I'm based in Germany, not the U.S.) and signed up, but it's not happening yet.

Sampleconstruct wrote:
Chapelle wrote:
SampleScience wrote:I don't get it. I signed up for their new "On Soundcloud" program and all it do is allowing me to upload a track like I usually do in the my normal Soundcloud account. I don't see anything different, no ads or anything about pricing. I must be blind. :lol: I received their email this morning and signed up immediately.
Their FAQ says that ads are only available if you're a Premier partner, which currently is available via invite-only and only in the US.

With the Free, Pro and Pro Premium plans, no ads will be served on your tracks.

http://help.soundcloud.com/customer/por ... er-partner
I got an invitation this morning (although I'm based in Germany, not the U.S.) and signed up, but it's not happening yet.
Me too.

What an absolute shit show.
Once you dig down into the FAQ, its easy to see;

This currently adds NOTHING for the average "creator".
It is simply an invite-only advertising revenue stream that will surely be nothing but a detriment to the average user.

SoundCloud, once again, is making efforts in the wrong areas.
Consistently pissing on legs and talking about rain....

And I just renewed my Pro for a year.... :x
ImageImageImageImage

They couldn't have done this in a more confusing manner. Even after re-reading it several times, the only things I DO understand about the whole plan are that Premiere is invite-only and USA-only for now.

Things that aren't clear to me:
- Do existing free and pro users get the additional benefits they mentioned (like more upload time) automatically, or is that an opt-in?
- When "Premiere" comes out of invite-only stage, will Pro Unlimited users get that for free? (In other words, do Pro Unlimited and Premiere become the same thing?)
- Is there any way to find out how many minutes/hours of content you currently have uploaded to your SoundCloud? Seems like I used to be able to find that info, but I was looking through my account this morning and I didn't run across it.

EDIT: Ah, I just noticed this in the FAQ:
Partner tier = Free plan, open to everyone

Pro tier = Pro and Pro Unlimited plans, open to everyone with a small monthly or annual fee

Premier tier = Premier Partners, currently invite-only
So the tiers and plans are separate concepts, and the plan you have determines what tier you're in.

My plan is up for renewal right now, and I guess I'm gonna downgrade from Pro Unlimited to regular Pro, because as anyone with Unlimited knows, the stats they currently give Unlimited users are only a tiny bit less useless than what the other plans get.

---
Last edited by Chapelle on Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

So now I'll be able to read all about ED pills and refinancing my house while I upload music...great...

If I understand this correctly, the ads are only for free users? Pro users will not have this ads but they can activate it and as premium user they will earn some money for plays or stuff.

4damind wrote:If I understand this correctly, the ads are only for free users?
FAQ says: Ads will not be served on any of your tracks if you are a Free, Pro, or Pro Unlimited user.

So no ads displayed on your tracks (or cash from those ads) but I guess us free users/partners will still see them on others tracks?

Everyone back to myspace... :hihi:

picture ads i can endure but if they are commercials I'm deleting all 5 free soundcloud accounts :hihi:
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

It's all about mo' money, honey! :x

I hope there will be a real artistic platform some time for meeting and collaborating with other artists without being spammed by ads, comment post services and webcam girls...

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”