Moog Rebuilding Emerson Modulars - Got $90,000?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This might be old news to some of you but I just found out Moog are rebuilding a handful of Emerson Modular systems.... by hand with the original components and specs.

Apparently they will cost around $90,000 (which is to be expected).

I know that is FAR outside the reach of the vast majority of us 'ordinary' folk but it is interesting nonetheless. IMHO anyway.

http://www.moogmusic.com/news/moog-musi ... lar-system

Yah I just bought 2.
:borg:

V0RT3X wrote:Yah I just bought 2.
Can I borrow one for my next album? It might take a few years to record though. :hihi:

AusDisciple wrote:
V0RT3X wrote:Yah I just bought 2.
Can I borrow one for my next album? It might take a few years to record though. :hihi:

:lol: If i actually had one sure. I imagine even if i had one It would probably end up not even being used considering I prefer the software workflow.

Yeah. Even for a classic genuine Moog modular monster like that it's a LOT of moolah! That kinda cash would buy a WHOLE LOT of .com or Buchla gear (or even other Moog modular stuff), a few other classics and all the VSTi's in existence! Even if I had anywhere near that amount of money, I think I'd be hard pressed trying to justify spending it on ONE modular, no matter how supposedly 'prestigious' the purchase. At the end of the day, most of us are predominantly about making music.

Still, it's pretty cool that they're actually building these again when almost everyone else is going VA.

AusDisciple wrote:Yeah. Even for a classic genuine Moog modular monster like that it's a LOT of moolah! That kinda cash would buy a WHOLE LOT of .com or Buchla gear (or even other Moog modular stuff), a few other classics and all the VSTi's in existence! Even if I had anywhere near that amount of money, I think I'd be hard pressed trying to justify spending it on ONE modular, no matter how supposedly 'prestigious' the purchase. At the end of the day, most of us are predominantly about making music.

Still, it's pretty cool that they're actually building these again when almost everyone else is going VA.
I bet deadmau5 bought one just for the heck of it. :hihi:

Some douchebag from GearSlutz will buy it and espouse the virtues of analog modulars while shitting on everything else as invalid.

Ahem.
Meh.

lol guys!! :hihi:

I don't get why Moog does'nt start releasing Eurorack modules. They would probably make a killing..

V0RT3X wrote:I don't get why Moog does'nt start releasing Eurorack modules. They would probably make a killing..
Absolutely. They'd get a huge share of the market currently dominated by the likes of synthesizers.com

V0RT3X wrote:I don't get why Moog does'nt start releasing Eurorack modules. They would probably make a killing..
So we can spread out the $90,000 over 200 easy payments, 1 module at a time?

Winning! :cool:
... space is the place ...

It will never sell unless they put more knobs and switches on it.

People have been begging the new Moog (well, I guess it's not all that new anymore, but...) to get back into modulars. This may be an exploratory effort.

It would surprise me if this was an exploratory effort, since the price tag would preclude a lot of people who would otherwise buy modules/modular systems - I mean, the most expensive preassembled dotcom system is what, $20k? I'm guessing you wouldn't get a very good market reading via something that's only for a very wealthy niche audience.
Using: Alchemy, Synth Squad, Arp 2600v, DSI Mopho desktop, PC

AusDisciple wrote:Apparently they will cost around $90,000 (which is to be expected).
So what will happen: collectors snap them up, not unpacking them or using them, locking them away, selling them on e-bay for $500,000 in a couple of years.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”