VST closest to Virus A/B?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Alchemy DUNE DUNE 3 Helix Spire Sylenth1 SynthMaster 2 Z3TA+

In the past and today people often use Sylenth for this typical Virus sounds.. But to be honest, Sylenth doesn't sound like the Virus but it has a very good Unison implementation...
Anyway, there is no emulation of the Virus available (yet). Because everybody asks for such a plug-in and every new released plug-in synth is compared to the Virus, I ask by myself why nobody had the idea to emulate the Virus as good as possible ;)

Here found their my old releases.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3I3prktAEw

Leads and Bass Virusc

Some lead Massive and Zebra And Largo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDbYLAKEeM8

All BASS and STUB and Lead Virusc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1FcugMjl2w

All BASS and leads CELL oldy build.
Stub - Virusc.

I love the color that forms the virus in the track. In the software I met a little like hue.
Access Virus FAN

In the past and today people often use Sylenth for this typical Virus sounds.. But to be honest, Sylenth doesn't sound like the Virus but it has a very good Unison implementation...
Anyway, there is no emulation of the Virus available (yet). Because everybody asks for such a plug-in and every new released plug-in synth is compared to the Virus, I ask by myself why nobody had the idea to emulate the Virus as good as possible
I guess the developers are guided by entirely different criteria in the development of the synthesizer. An attempt to simulate what else requires more skill than Sound Design program. For example, if a software code understanding (because the DSP is math functions), then the sound and character of all may be much more difficult. In any case, an imitation of something requires good hearing, good analytical thinking, and a lot of time to analyze the results.
Access Virus FAN

4damind wrote: Anyway, there is no emulation of the Virus available (yet). Because everybody asks for such a plug-in and every new released plug-in synth is compared to the Virus, I ask by myself why nobody had the idea to emulate the Virus as good as possible ;)
Ideed, I am also puzzled by that. It is generally agreed that recent analog emulations sound fairly close to what they emulate. But Virus is a digital synth, theorectically it should be even easier to approximate its sound with a software model, and the demand is obviously high.

Btw, is a public release of the Cell synth ever planned? I remember reading somewhere on Rmmedia forums that it will stay for "internal use" only.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

recursive one wrote:
4damind wrote: Anyway, there is no emulation of the Virus available (yet). Because everybody asks for such a plug-in and every new released plug-in synth is compared to the Virus, I ask by myself why nobody had the idea to emulate the Virus as good as possible ;)
Ideed, I am also puzzled by that. It is generally agreed that recent analog emulations sound fairly close to what they emulate. But Virus is a digital synth, theorectically it should be even easier to approximate its sound with a software model, and the demand is obviously high.

Btw, is a public release of the Cell synth ever planned? I remember reading somewhere on Rmmedia forums that it will stay for "internal use" only.
Yes!) CELL will Commercial public release.
Access Virus FAN

Anjey_Olaf wrote:Yes!) CELL will Commercial public release.
This year?

4damind wrote:
Anjey_Olaf wrote:Yes!) CELL will Commercial public release.
This year?
Yes!)
Access Virus FAN

listen to the demo SynthMaster- it is Nirvana,and very soft and musical.Big synth ! This will completely replace your virus and more -imho https://soundcloud.com/kv331synthmaster ... ry-presets

Happy with my PoCo VirusB plugin. :)
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

A few people have said it, but Predator. While it doesn't sound exactly like a Virus, its sounds pretty close.

____ :hihi:
Last edited by Alexeus_Knober on Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I have Virus Ti for years and Spire does present very similar character of sound. So you can say Spire is "emulation" of Virus sound.
Dune 1/2 by the features and whole tweaking seems to be similar. I tried to create similar sounds in Dune and in Virus, you can do that but it doesnt have that character Virus presents.

Z3ta with Virus Mod...that it has VIRUS in the name it does not mean it supposed to be emulation, do you know that the Mod developer didnt even tried to make VIRUS emulation, nor he even has VIRUS and it is NOT BASED ON ANY VIRUS. And he said that quite some time ago.

Anyway if you want a synth with character similar to virus, go get Spire.

Sold my Virus B got Sylenth, never looked back - Sylenth, the best of the best.

Alexeus_Knober wrote:listen to the demo SynthMaster- it is Nirvana,and very soft and musical.Big synth ! This will completely replace your virus and more -imho
Your opinion, as an actual Virus owner, should be the most valuable ...
I never owned one, so my impression of Virus is based on youtube demos and numerous records where it was used. I use Spire/Sylenth/Dune 2/Z3ta2 combo for "virusy" sounds. And I always thought that Synthmaster sounds, well.... inferior to each of them.

Если честно, как стоит, так и звучит :)
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

You can also sum it up.. most digital synth (not including analog emulations) sounding similar. There is not such a big difference that people could pick the right synth in a blind test. If it's in a complete track, nobody will tell the difference and I expect that many would say "it's a Virus" but it was Sylenth, Massive etc.
It's more because of the feature set and how quick you get the desired results. I often pick one synth because I know I get there the desired results very quickly and not because of the brand. Sometimes I pick my Virus, sometimes Spire etc. It's not the most important thing in a track that you can put a label on it "there was the Virus used" ;)

Return to “Instruments”