IKM SampleTank 3 (ST3) Now Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3

Weird :?

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:On the free version/demo front, some bad news. At this time, there was a strange bug that resurfaced so it looks like we will have to delay it until next week as we'd like to release a tip-top version for you.
Does this Bug exist in the full release version ?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:On the free version/demo front, some bad news. At this time, there was a strange bug that resurfaced so it looks like we will have to delay it until next week as we'd like to release a tip-top version for you.
No, it does not.

Teksonik wrote: You're welcome, glad I could help. :) As for your other question the only thing I can think of right off the bat is do you have a Guitar Amp Sim loaded in one of the effects slots or master ? Some other effect that might cause the noise ? Are you adding additional instruments in one ST3 or are you adding additional instances of ST3 ?

Other than that I'll have to look into it further......I don't experience the same thing here.

Just instances. I do not have to choose the instrument. Nothing on the master. But in this case, SampleTank is no exception, the same thing happens for example with the Kontakt 5.
Is the plug themselves may seem noise?

I was going to investigate the Macros further this morning but in ST3, even though they get assigned values they are still greyed out and unmovable....

In ST2 you can at least adjust the ones that are assigned......

jazzin wrote: Just instances. I do not have to choose the instrument. Nothing on the master. But in this case, SampleTank is no exception, the same thing happens for example with the Kontakt 5.
Is the plug themselves may seem noise?
Not here, no noise. Since this is not a Sampletank 3 issue maybe you'd be better off posting in the Hosts Forum here or at the Imageline forums. :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

dnekm wrote:I was going to investigate the Macros further this morning but in ST3, even though they get assigned values they are still greyed out and unmovable....
In ST2 you can at least adjust the ones that are assigned......
You're talking about the sample sets you've converted right ?

On the subject of Macros, here's what the IK website has to say.............

The first part: "Now Sampletank 3 offers 8 Macro Controls knobs for every sound" seems like it's something the end user will have control over. The second part about "pre-programmed" seems to hint that these knobs are not user assignable but the text needs to be more clear.

What really needs to happen is the Macro knobs need to be opened up so we can use them as we see fit.......I'll post this at the IK forums in the ST3 feature request thread...........

But again I'm still happy with my ST3 purchase. Hopefully ST is a work in progress and future versions will contain new features.

Teksonik wrote:
Damn those "strange bugs"!!! DAMN THEM TO HELLLLLL!!!!!!!!!! :x
You need to limit that rez, bro.

Teksonik,

Yes, I am talking about soundsets I have converted. And I should clarify something, the macros assigned are functional in ST3 as well. It is only my experimental conversions that they all became greyed out as I had added SFZ opcodes to the SFZ file in the hopes that the converter would assign them to macros, but it did not.....

We are working on the demo issue to get that out to you ASAP but we have released the first sound library update into your IK User Area so please go download that when you can.

This is my major gripe, I'm still totally stumped why ik have not fixed this already. I want full exposed host automation but this is the next best thing, will we see it implemented soon ?

Hmmmm.

Teksonik wrote: What really needs to happen is the Macro knobs need to be opened up so we can use them as we see fit.......I'll post this at the IK forums in the ST3 feature ......

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:We are working on the demo issue to get that out to you ASAP but we have released the first sound library update into your IK User Area so please go download that when you can.
WOW!!! are you saying that individuals that brought the box version still have to download sounds/patches... i.e. need to have a backup of these sounds/patches...

OUCH!!!

glad i cancelled my order...

:tu:

Yes sound library updates and patches are absolutely unique to this product and IK... :roll:

Edit - redacted, was not pertinent to those interested in ST3

IKM ST3 Feature Requests/Enhancements

Note: This is a cross-post of my post in the IKM Forum here:
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/forum/viewt ... 292#p47292

I would like to add my vote to the following ST3 feature requests/enhancements (in no particular order):
  1. User-assignable/programmable macros that can be saved with sound patch or multi.
  2. User-assignable/programmable keyswitches that can be saved with sound patch or multi.
  3. User-assignable/programmable and import of MIDI patterns that can be saved with sound patch or multi.
  4. Navigate sound lists with arrow keys in addition to mouse wheel.
  5. Enhanced, table-style preset browser to include user-assignable favorites, ratings, tags, and other characteristics in sortable columns and with search function (for example, see Camel Audio's Alchemy and Arturia's Analog Lab preset browsers).
  6. User-customizable Info page with description field and image import.
  7. Resizable/responsive GUI to screen resolution.
  8. Soundfont/WAV sample import with option to save/convert to ST3 format and customize Info page.
  9. Marketplace for users to share for free and sell their custom ST3 sounds and multis.
Let me know if you agree with these. Thanks!
Last edited by RLSguitar on Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Robert Len Stallard
True to the music...

www.RLSguitar.com
KVR Seller/Buyer Feedback

RLSguitar wrote:IKM ST3 Feature Requests/Enhancements

Note: This is a cross-post of my post in the IKM Forum here:
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/forum/viewt ... 292#p47292

I would like to add my vote to the following ST3 feature requests/enhancements (in no particular order):
  1. User-assignable/programmable macros that can be saved with sound patch or multi.
  2. User-assignable/programmable keyswitches that can be saved with sound patch or multi.
  3. User-assignable/programmable MIDI patterns that can be saved with sound patch or multi.
  4. Navigate sound lists with arrow keys in addition to mouse wheel.
  5. Enhanced, table-style preset browser to include user-assignable favorites, ratings, tags, and other characteristics in sortable columns and with search function (for example, see Camel Audio's Alchemy and Arturia's Analog Lab preset browsers).
  6. User-customizable Info page with description field and image import.
  7. Resizable/responsive GUI to screen resolution.
  8. Soundfont/WAV sample import with option to save/convert to ST3 format and customize Info page.
  9. Marketplace for users to share for free and sell their custom ST3 sounds and multis.
Let me know if you agree with these. Thanks!
Seems like a reasonable request... It has my vote.. 8)

Return to “Instruments”