One-Synth-Challenge #66: ODsay by Elektrostudio (Keith303 Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

IrionDaRonin wrote:I always loved this community.
All people encouraging others to not give up.
That's love. :)

Going to work.
Have a nice day :)
Yeah, totally agree, it's so nice to see people help each other out with great advice! This is a great community!
Music... life would be boring without it.

MTLE wrote:
To your dynamics: With that "Wall of Sound" in mind your track is almost ok, just make shure the lead stands out recognizable from the background.
The main solo of course stands out, but the extra ones did get a little lost in the overall sound. So, I have done a little work, and the first section solo now comes at you. For the final playout section, I decided to keep the extra solo back down in the mix as most of the time it was really only bolstering up the harmonies, so just let it poke through when it had a little more to say.

Overall the compression and limiting on the master has been pulled back a bit to have a little less crushed dynamic.

Hope it sounds better now.

Rob

Marando wrote:
Yeah, totally agree, it's so nice to see people help each other out with great advice! This is a great community!
+1 to that. Guidance and help is what we all need, and here is a damned good place to get it. And so freely given. Have definitely had invaluable help already many times over.

Just hope to bring lots of smiles with my tracks - happy sounds :hihi:

Cheers,

Rob

doctorbob wrote:... hope to bring lots of smiles with my tracks - happy sounds :hihi:
But some of us like dark, depressing music for happiness. :)

z.prime wrote:
doctorbob wrote:... hope to bring lots of smiles with my tracks - happy sounds :hihi:
Just like my mate who goes by the name of Dr. Gloom! :scared: Maybe next time it'll be scary drones and deep dark basses with ne'er so much as a major chord around :hihi:

dB

https://soundcloud.com/keith303/as-we-mature

written with
01x Renoise 3.0 and
17 instances of "Odsay"

used meta devices:
02 x Key Tracker
02 x LFO Device
03 x Signal Follower
03 x Hydra
Total amount of Meta Devices: 10

used DSP devices:
01 x Distortion
08 x EQ 10
04 x Gainer
02 x Exciter
22 x Filter
01 x mpReverb
02 x MultiTap Delay
01 x Repeater
01 x LoFiMat
01 x Comb Filter
01 x Maximizer
Total amount of DSP Devices: 44

used VST plugins:
03 x Arguru Stardust
01 x Aradaz Maximizer 5
02 x KarmaFX Reverb
01 x KarmaFX Deelay
Total amount of VST instances: 7

doctorbob wrote:
z.prime wrote:
Just like my mate who goes by the name of Dr. Gloom! :scared: Maybe next time it'll be scary drones and deep dark basses with ne'er so much as a major chord around :hihi:

dB
That! Yes! ;)

doctorbob wrote:
MTLE wrote:
To your dynamics: With that "Wall of Sound" in mind your track is almost ok, just make shure the lead stands out recognizable from the background.
The main solo of course stands out, but the extra ones did get a little lost in the overall sound. ...

Rob

You got it. This is better now. :clap:

If anyone still stuck for doing a kick,there is a kick click + sub fxp patches here I been messing about with. https://copy.com/8GO6OOJFY3WlwShX
Used in my test track here https://soundcloud.com/chilled-panda/fu ... ce-is-past

keith303 wrote:https://soundcloud.com/keith303/as-we-mature

02 x KarmaFX Reverb
01 x KarmaFX Deelay
Hi Keith,
Word of warning you might need to change the karmaFX's, as I'm pretty sure they are donation/share ware oppose to freeware. Guess one the admins can clarify that for you? (just so your not DQ :o )

chilledpanda wrote:

02 x KarmaFX Reverb
01 x KarmaFX Deelay
Hi Keith,
Word of warning you might need to change the karmaFX's, as I'm pretty sure they are donation/share ware oppose to freeware. Guess one the admins can clarify that for you? (just so your not DQ :o )
Looks fine to me. It's optional donation

bjporter wrote:
chilledpanda wrote:

02 x KarmaFX Reverb
01 x KarmaFX Deelay
Hi Keith,
Looks fine to me. It's optional donation
:tu:

Ah, thanks for the replies... I just wanted to know it wasn't just me, or something I was overlooking somehow.
Music can no longer soothe the worried thoughts of monarchs; it can only tell you when it's time to buy margarine or copulate. -xoxos
Discontinue use if rash or irritation develops.

ImNotDedYet wrote:

with ne'er so much as a major chord around :hihi:

That! Yes! ;)
Ok, you may get your wish! Doom and gloom designed to be uplifting!!! :hihi:

Do you like the new version now available on SC???

Any further forward in your battle with the software and ODsay??? Keep at it I say as it looks like everyone is having issues, some minor some major. :(

Cheers

Rob

doctorbob wrote:
ImNotDedYet wrote:

with ne'er so much as a major chord around :hihi:

That! Yes! ;)
Ok, you may get your wish! Doom and gloom designed to be uplifting!!! :hihi:

Do you like the new version now available on SC???

Any further forward in your battle with the software and ODsay??? Keep at it I say as it looks like everyone is having issues, some minor some major. :(

Cheers

Rob
LOL, you didn't have to change to my preference just because I like songs in minor keys brutha!

Truthfully, I hadn't listened to your song since a very early version and that was a while back, so I don't remember exactly what the differences are. However, I'm still really digging the sound design - the wa wa synth is great. Seems like the harmony has a more "minor" sound to it? It's still a bit too "busy" for my tastes in parts. Someone mentioned earlier dynamics of the sounds, having backing sounds farther back in the mix (lower volume) and I think more could be done on that end. But, take this relative newbie's opinion with a bunch of grains of salt. (like a six-pack of salt shaker's salt) One's music should be expressions of oneself, not others. :) It's a great tune in my book. I like it a lot more than last months. You're quite the creative dude.

I gave up on FL Studio about a week ago. I know others love the piano roll in FL Studio, but to me it's downright annoying, as is the arrangement. I could do a bridge in Live, but a couple people had issues and I don't want to deal with any potential issues for a 32-bit bridge that could put me into can't play with music mode for a week or something. So, I'll wait for another 64-bit synth and just keep doing what I'm doing with mixing records and making stuff w/ 64-bit VSTs in Live.

Return to “Instruments”