Any word on Revalver 4 release?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
HeadRush ReValver LFOTool

After testing R4's demo, I can safely that I'm not liking it. And this is coming from a HUGE fan of III.V. The fizzyness is gone, yes, but I'm not liking how every tone I get is lacking "crispyness", for lack of a better term, which can easily get out of TH2 and Amplitube and other freeware amps/cabs. The ACT input modeling intrigues me, but it's not enough for me to drop the $50 right now to upgrade. I also can't figure out how to get it to run in stereo. Even when I have two chains running, it comes out mono sounding. I also noticed that the Boss inspired distortion and overdrive pedals appear to be gone. Although I understand why we can't, I don't like how we can't run 3rd party amps, but we can run pre and post 3rd party plugins. Tie all this into the fact that I have to use a USB device (which isn't a big deal as it can be any USB device, it's still an annoyance), right now I'm passing on Revalver 4, and it pains me because I had high hopes for it after loving III.V.

Looks like I'll be buying more Amplitube gear in the next few days.

every tone I get is lacking "crispyness",
I recommend picking the "Dynamic bass, Clear high end" at the cabinet impedence interaction setting.
Right click on any amp skin space and the setting is at the bottom of the menu.
I don't like how we can't run 3rd party amps
You can load any vst plugin in the 3rd party plugin host module .It is also at the "amp modules section" page.

a123321 wrote:
every tone I get is lacking "crispyness",
I recommend picking the "Dynamic bass, Clear high end" at the cabinet impedence interaction setting.
Right click on any amp skin space and the setting is at the bottom of the menu.
I don't like how we can't run 3rd party amps
You can load any vst plugin in the 3rd party plugin host module .It is also at the "amp modules section" page.
Got it, on both points. Now, do you know if there's a way to run this thing in stereo? There's options that seem that should do the trick, but neither is really working out for me. A few people at the Ultimate Metal forum are saying the same thing. Do you think it's a bug or something? I even tried to running two parallel chains, and the field was still mono sounding. I also tried right click, run in stereo. That didn't work either. I'm thinking it's a bug.

Edit: Figured out the mono thing. In the input menu's VU meter, there's a MONO button that's automatically active. Deactivate that and viola! Suddenly, things are looking like I may purchase today and go broke until later this week. lol

@fizzy: I've never had one that isn't. What I like about this is that eq on the end of the chain that seems to be perfect.

It's all in how you set things up. I have them all and can pick apart every single one of them.

Can you guys please check the classic 30 for a few minutes with a couple of presets and see if you get squealing?

I think I spoke too soon. Some instances I get stereo, other instances I get mono. It seems like in addition to the mono button, there's also a "stereo option" for each module but that gets really weird. I chose to run chain A's 808 as stereo, and it worked. Run chain B's as stereo...back to mono. I can see if it's combined the two stereo fields, but that's really weird and the feature isn't all that clear as to how it works. I still have to run two chains to process a stereo guitar buss.

Like....if we can't run a stereo buss through one chain and choose the stereo option on each module (right click), what is it for?

hibidy, I'll check the classic 30 now.

Edit: just went through some presets with the Classic 30....no squeeling here.

hibidy wrote:@fizzy: I've never had one that isn't.
Scuffham and TSE stuff have no fizz as far as I'm concerned.

as the question was here before if you buy the producer bundle if you forced if you own revalver 3 makes arround 100 Dollar !

and if you think purchasing the other things which in the store and not available in the producer bundle makes another 80 Dollar ! omg

tried the revalver 4 demo , where i can import my revalver 3 presets or banks into revalver 4 ? (nothing in the manual ar someone else about this)

i have tried it and it says : there are an unique id used , do you want keep both , clicking on keep both makes revalver 4 crashing !

and after restart of revalver the complete included presets are gone and you needs to reinstall !

didnt had peavey an long long beta phase ?

all in all i think at this time i´m stay with revalver 3 and wait until they make an heavy discount on revalver 4 !

DrumAddict wrote: tried the revalver 4 demo , where i can import my revalver 3 presets or banks into revalver 4 ? (nothing in the manual ar someone else about this)
Hello
ReValver 4 is a completely new software, rewritten from zero. So, although it shares it's name, it is not an update but another software and therefore, presets from the MK III (or other) edition cannot be imported into it.
DrumAddict wrote: as the question was here before if you buy the producer bundle if you forced if you own revalver 3 makes arround 100 Dollar !

and if you think purchasing the other things which in the store and not available in the producer bundle makes another 80 Dollar ! omg
You are not forced to purchase the Producer Pack, not even to use Revalver 4. The basic version is free and, you can purchase 1 amp or 1 cab if you want. The Producer Pack is a great deal to get the content that is equivalent to the one in MK III.V.
José Luiz Paiz Junior
Peavey ReValver Support
http://www.peavey.com/products/revalver/

i went through more amps and picked up the budda amps and the bluesmaker (and a few cabs, wah, RIR2 and a VST host). don't care for ACT, it sounds like crap, both input and output modes. surprised there's no rack chorus effect, but since i now have a VST host, i doubt i'll need ANY rack FX for the foreseeable future anyways.

one thing that irritates me in Amplitube and is present in Revalver 4 is that the items i didn't purchase are still present in the menu. i would love them to disappear, but given Peavey's history i doubt that this will ever get fixed.

also, AC30 makes a massive fart noise whenever i turn up all the gain knobs (i.e. Normal and Brilliant to the max) and hit the strings hard. i know it sounds like crap that way anyways, but this is not something i remember encountering on any amp sim. is this a bug?
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Burillo wrote: one thing that irritates me in Amplitube and is present in Revalver 4 is that the items i didn't purchase are still present in the menu. i would love them to disappear, but given Peavey's history i doubt that this will ever get fixed.
We are aware of that and we will address it in the future.
José Luiz Paiz Junior
Peavey ReValver Support
http://www.peavey.com/products/revalver/

xphen0m wrote:I think I spoke too soon. Some instances I get stereo, other instances I get mono. It seems like in addition to the mono button, there's also a "stereo option" for each module but that gets really weird. I chose to run chain A's 808 as stereo, and it worked. Run chain B's as stereo...back to mono. I can see if it's combined the two stereo fields, but that's really weird and the feature isn't all that clear as to how it works. I still have to run two chains to process a stereo guitar buss.

Like....if we can't run a stereo buss through one chain and choose the stereo option on each module (right click), what is it for?

hibidy, I'll check the classic 30 now.

Edit: just went through some presets with the Classic 30....no squeeling here.
Could you add the "classic" 4-12 and see? Thanks

Lolzes, he's using the demo (you can hear the disco bwweeeeeeeep). The tse sounded best there. I think a bit of minimal tweaking could get the air the tse had (it was a bit dull)

I sure as hell couldn't get those tones out of the TSE. I mean, the TSE freebie was good with recabinet, but the demo I couldn't get it it decent at all.

BTW, that demo sounded great. I can't play like that.

It's always nice to hear how other people approach the software (e.g. getting tones); it gives me different ideas about how it can be used.

hibidy wrote:The tse sounded best there. I think a bit of minimal tweaking could get the air the tse had (it was a bit dull)

I sure as hell couldn't get those tones out of the TSE.
I prefer the smoother, more natural tone of R4--I thought the TSE was a bit harsh. I bet with a high-shelf on the R4, to match the presence on the TSE, the tone would sound more realistic.

Return to “Effects”