ALL the Amplitube 3 gear?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks for the info Burillo. Do you happen to know if you can automate relative volume changes? That'd let you simultaneously turn on Nirvana and cut volume to compensate, regardless of what the current volume setting was.

Also, IK, any chance that a future update could give Nirvana an overall output level control that's only in effect when the pedal's active? Really do need that, rather than just considering the current boost to be a bug, since there are controls on it that affect perceived volume, so just lowering its overall output couldn't be right for all cases. That'd be super awesome. Not sure where you'd put it in the UI though, but it'd be worth it.

dwozzle wrote:Thanks for the info Burillo. Do you happen to know if you can automate relative volume changes? That'd let you simultaneously turn on Nirvana and cut volume to compensate, regardless of what the current volume setting was.
i think i remember being able to assign several things to a single button but i'm not 100% sure. in any case, you could maybe use a compressor afterwards to even things out a bit?
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

The ability to send multiple controllers from a single button is something your MIDI footswitch can do or not, but that's not what I'm asking.

To compensate for Nirvana's apparent gain boost, you'd want to decrease amp input gain by a corresponding amount. The trick is that that's not the same absolute volume setting for each patch, it's relative. Some might be decked, others very low, but in all cases you'd want it to be, say, 2db less with Nirvana on.

That's what I'm asking about, whether AT can be set up so a given controller number and value doesn't set input volume to some absolute setting, but increases or decreases it by some amount from wherever it is.

Make sense?

ah, no, i don't believe Amplitube can do that.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Not surprised.

So I'm back to wishing for an overall gain knob on Nirvana itself. Better solution anyway, since it's self contained, and deals with the problem at its source.

Except that it doesn't exist, and there's no room for it in the UI. Maybe some pedals need a Tweak mode that reveals additional controls. Could be useful on some amps too.

Hate to whine, but this is kind of important.

dwozzle wrote:Except that it doesn't exist, and there's no room for it in the UI. Maybe some pedals need a Tweak mode that reveals additional controls. Could be useful on some amps too.
Carvin V3 has one :-)

other than that, your best bet would probably be contacting support directly. maybe they'll figure something out.

Back on the tone-playing-solo-vs-in-a-mix thread, do you suppose the greats (whoever they are to you) consciously try for sounds that'll work in a mix when they're playing by themselves, writing, etc? Or do they make themselves happy in the moment, and leave the jigsaw puzzle of fitting the different instruments together sonically for mix time, and maybe (probably) for the producer and mixer?

My guess is that it's some of each. After playing on lots of tracks and hearing the end results, probably with feedback from producers and mix engineers, they have an intuitive feel for what makes sense in the big picture, and that influences the tones they go for when they're playing alone. But fundamentally they want something that's cool in the environment they're in at the time. They're not in a position to make final mix decisions, or trying to do that, while they're writing the songs, working on the vision of their next album or band, playing for fun, etc. Most likely a lot of it is subconscious, they just do what they do to feel good about what they're hearing, including the partly-finished tracks they're playing with, or the band in their head.

Don't know that I have an actual point here, just thinking out loud...

I have an ART ultrafoot x-15 that I use with Amplitube. Two volume pedals and 10 switches. Works great.

Thought I'd post my final version of the cars song. Three tracks for guitar and a vocal track are done by me. I muted the lead vocals and all guitar tracks from the .mogg file.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/882 ... 0cover.mp3
Surfing, skateboarding, Music Making Man and tech fool.
New Album! KnowledgeBass

Return to “Effects”