Kool & the Gang - Summer Madness

How to make that sound...
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I know what you mean, but still, I can't separate music from artists, I need to like and agree with the whole package somehow...

fluffy_little_something wrote:There is a dog living downstairs of my new apartment, and whenever I play that tune (which is often as it is one of my all-time favorites), she always starts to bark, I guess she doesn't like that siren sound at all :hihi:
...or maybe it is because the thread is 9 years old? :P

I know, I actually had my own thread on that song, not knowing there already was an older one... Mine got deleted, though, I guess I had opened it when they were upgrading the forum software and had that temporary forum...

and since when should we view musicians as role models !?!

they are usually nuts or on drugs.
they also tend to die young, so
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

realmarco wrote:and since when should we view musicians as role models !?!

they are usually nuts or on drugs.
they also tend to die young, so
Agreed,they usually tend to be addicted to rather bad habits and overall a bit freaked out. ,you wont let go your 16 years old daughter on a event with them,beware.

Luckily there are not so many events and bands anymore.
|\/| _ o _ |\ |__ o
| |__> |(_ | \(_/_|

Was just listening to that tune again, as always :D , and I accidentally looked at the Winamp display as it ended. It was the final lone lead synth note standing in the room, and the display looked like this:

https://app.box.com/s/780gie2gfa485j3fp1j2

Is it those five frequency bars that give the synth lead its intensity? Do they reflect a certain interval, like octaves? I don't know what scale Winamp uses...

Any VA synth with a Saw OSC with a "glide" or "portamento" will do
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

I guess it should have at least two oscillators like the original they used. If I am not mistaken I also hear a pulse in there.
The sound is somehow richer, fuller, and more powerful than what most software synths yield.

fluffy_little_something wrote:Was just listening to that tune again, as always :D
To torment the dog downstairs no doubt, I'll report you to PETA if you continue bumping this thread :P

fluffy_little_something wrote:Is it those five frequency bars that give the synth lead its intensity? Do they reflect a certain interval, like octaves? I don't know what scale Winamp uses...
Winamp? Does that mean you listened to a mp3 or lossless audio?
fluffy_little_something wrote:I don't know what scale Winamp uses...
You could ask Google

Numanoid wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:Was just listening to that tune again, as always :D
To torment the dog downstairs no doubt, I'll report you to PETA if you continue bumping this thread :P
Bumping?! We are not on the marketplace forum with its self-declared bumping police :roll:

Numanoid wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:Is it those five frequency bars that give the synth lead its intensity? Do they reflect a certain interval, like octaves? I don't know what scale Winamp uses...
Winamp? Does that mean you listened to a mp3 or lossless audio?
fluffy_little_something wrote:I don't know what scale Winamp uses...
You could ask Google
Funny, you made three comments and all three of them were off-topic :hihi: Thanks for your contribution :roll:

If the audio you are listening to is mp3 or lossless, will matter rather a lot when trying to find out this:

"Is it those five frequency bars that give the synth lead its intensity? Do they reflect a certain interval, like octaves?

You can't use an mp3 to determine that, you will need audio to be lossless.

Numanoid wrote:If the audio you are listening to is mp3 or lossless, will matter rather a lot when trying to find out this:

"Is it those five frequency bars that give the synth lead its intensity? Do they reflect a certain interval, like octaves?

You can't use an mp3 to determine that, you will need audio to be lossless.
I have done comparisons between wav and mp3 files of other audio before. While there is a slight difference, the mp3 format doesn't simply create such spikes out of nothing.
The mp3 file actually is of high quality as you can see from the setting. Not lossless, but still very good.

realmarco wrote:Any VA synth with a Saw OSC with a "glide" or "portamento" will do
+1 case closed

Return to “Sound Design”