Is "upload attachment" obsolete ?

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just been asked by another member how to upload an attachment [to a pm or post]

I had no idea how it works and so tried to upload a jpg as an attachment, but got a no go on that with this message;
"The file is too big, maximum allowed size is 256 KiB."

So what are they for, text messages or similar ?

The only info I can find is neither use nor ornament on the FAQ (off) page; http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/faq.php#f9r0

Why can’t I add attachments?
Attachment permissions are granted on a per forum, per group, or per user basis. The board administrator may not have allowed attachments to be added for the specific forum you are posting in, or perhaps only certain groups can post attachments. Contact the board administrator if you are unsure about why you are unable to add attachments.

Attachments
What attachments are allowed on this board?
Each board administrator can allow or disallow certain attachment types. If you are unsure what is allowed to be uploaded, contact the board administrator for assistance.
How do I find all my attachments?
To find your list of attachments that you have uploaded, go to your User Control Panel and follow the links to the attachments section.

And the only thread on this I could find a reference to was in the transitional KVR and that has gone for good. So is it just an old leftover that is virtually obsolete ?

I use them to attach pictures to posts. Works great for that, don't think it was there in the previous KVR.

OK found a picture that's small enough and will try it out.

The picture is for the report spam thread.
Ah, that's where it is.jpg
Just previewed it and it shows up as an image, so posting now.

It works.

Thanks BDeep. perhaps I should have tried a smaller picture in the first place.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

The only thing is that attachments are visible if you are signed in.

Return to “Site Stuff”