FR - Turn off certain Subboards in the Sidebar Listing and Ego Search

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was having a nice chat with a close friend of mine on KVR, and he was major pissed off that all that is in the "news feed" stream (sidebar) on KVR is mainly focusing on the following sub-boards:

- HPC
- Off Topic

I sadly have to agree with him. I'm not interested in HPC, and to be honest, if I use the ego search, all I see that is pinned are the OT Threads as well. I'm also growing sick of the constant pinned "how is your weather" and "continue that sentence in three words" thread.

I don't want that. I want to see what else is going on at developer boards (barely in the sidebar feed!), in the instrument and FX section. That's why I am on KVR, not because of the OT stuff.

Is there a way to turn off certain subboards to show up in the sidebar feed once we're logged in?

If that is an exclusive feature for "MyKVR", I might even finally activate that.

Feedback and help is welcome.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Already turned those two off long ago, they don't show up any more for me in the recent post list. I suggest you do the same. haha

http://www.kvraudio.com/mykvr.php?m=prefs

Highlight all the ones you want to see, in this case all but OT and HPC, then click update, done :clap:
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Under "customize KVR" in the user menu you can select which forums you want included in the sidebar and the "latest posts" section.
EDIT: too late :)

See, this is the problem... I didn't know of this feature since I never look into anything that's "MyKVR" related. I also don't take much note of the KVR dropdown related to my username other than "Profile settings" and "Ego Search". Maybe the FAQ for the boards should be updated.

BUT... this is actually something useful - so thanks for directing me to that.
If it only had a "select all" button as starting point. And the actual sorting of the KVR threads rather than alphabetical.

On that behalf... where is a listing of the recent posted videos?!
If I click on "watch more", the list is randomly generated. I'd like to see the backlogs - especially if the videos change completely within several hours.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote:BUT... this is actually something useful - so thanks for directing me to that.
Actually, it is MASSIVELY flawed.
Because it's also affecting the rest of the board (Index Listing).

Can't it be separated from the feed and the index?
I'd still love to have access to the rest of the board, but the feed should ideally only show like 5-7 sub board sections. With the current settings - no go.

Return to “Site Stuff”