Trakx 1(Mix.3 Posted:21 Aug. 2014)(Album: Sterrix) Release: 20.Sept.2014 By AbstractCats

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Trakx 1(Album: Sterrix) Release: 20.Sept.2014 By AbstractCats

https://soundcloud.com/abstractcats/trakx-1
Last edited by abstractcats on Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Well, this is certainly good fun. I just played this quite loud. I was immediately impressed with the sound of the kick. In fact all of the percussion has quite a punchy sound. I liked the synths too, with their dry and reverbed treatments.

Good work :)

Interesting sonic work as usual !
:borg:

I wanted to hear more tonal variation on the main synth bass loop. Nothing major particularly, just something subtle. That's about the only suggestion I can come up with :)

That is a great kick. BTW, isn't it weird how soundcloud's waveform doesn't seem to always match what's going on in the track - i.e. in some places we hear a kickdrum, but the spikes it makes in the waveform are absent.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Thanks for the listen, guys!
Sendy. Yes, SC's image of the wave form, might need some work. Just a glitch(PUN!) :) May be.
As for the , tonal variation on the main synth bass loop. Yes, I agree, it needs some variation.

The mix is a lot crisper. It's like you opened a filter on the entire mix :) I still say the main riff needs more to it, maybe subtle layering. It souns good and I like the sound, but as it plays through the entire track, and it's going to be the opener on your album, I'd say it still needs more work.

Come on, get to it! :hihi:
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Sendy wrote:The mix is a lot crisper. It's like you opened a filter on the entire mix :) I still say the main riff needs more to it, maybe subtle layering. It souns good and I like the sound, but as it plays through the entire track, and it's going to be the opener on your album, I'd say it still needs more work.

Come on, get to it! :hihi:
Yes,mam! :clown: :hihi:
Yeah, the main riff Is, the next thing I'm working on. As for the "opened a filter " impression, I've switched EQs on each channel, I'm using Meldaproductions' Meq, from their "free" bundle, which I've paid the upgrade fee(about $65 USD, currenlty) which has about 16 FX in it, and any additions to the pack are free, with the upgrade, that is. The master channle has Meldaspectral dynamics, inside Melda's "Still To Be released" MXXX project.
Its going to be HUGE and should give Ozone a run, for it's money :)

I prefer the sound of the latest version. It's louder and punchier.

seismic1 wrote:I prefer the sound of the latest version. It's louder and punchier.

Thanks man!

Trakx 1(Mix No.3) :D

(Little more tone/movement, in the main, synth line)
https://soundcloud.com/abstractcats/trakx-1mix-no3

Sounds great. I like the way you changed the bass synth. It also seems much louder than the previous two mixes.

Sendy wrote:.....isn't it weird how soundcloud's waveform doesn't seem to always match what's going on in the track - i.e. in some places we hear a kickdrum, but the spikes it makes in the waveform are absent.
That's a resolution/interpolation artefact. Maximise the browser on-screen and the waveform becomes more accurate.

seismic1 wrote:Sounds great. I like the way you changed the bass synth. It also seems much louder than the previous two mixes.

Sendy wrote:.....isn't it weird how soundcloud's waveform doesn't seem to always match what's going on in the track - i.e. in some places we hear a kickdrum, but the spikes it makes in the waveform are absent.
That's a resolution/interpolation artefact. Maximise the browser on-screen and the waveform becomes more accurate.
Thanks! Gotta keep up, with the loudness war, you know :hihi:

Return to “Music Cafe”