Livebase Ableton Skin

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AstralExistence wrote:i think this looks pretty boss. lol took me like 4 hours to get the colors right due to lives stupid color editor and color cop.

ill take cubase colors without cubase bugs thanx.
colors are based on cubase hub.

skin: default
brightness: 161
intensity: 28
hue: 199

i really love this look :tu:
Last edited by AstralExistence on Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.

edit.
Last edited by AstralExistence on Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cool stuff.

I recently had to take my monitor down in brightness again. My eyesight is almost burned out. These make a nice contrast and they are an improvement over the originals in a lot of ways.

This is my variation on the turquoise one -
110 Brightness
10 Intensity
270 Hue

Don't have those other parameters fyi. Don't have an nVidia card mebbe why.

Just need those highlights in blue and another in orange. No. Must. NOT. Go.. down.. that..........rabbiiiiiiiiiiitt.. hoooooooooooooole..........

No idea how you do it. Is there a text file you change or a special editor for messing about with these skins? Just curious. Said Alice.........

Well, I admit, now you little geniuses have got me thinking about playing around with it :x

TRYING..........TO............RESIST!

hibidy wrote:Well, I admit, now you little geniuses have got me thinking about playing around with it :x

MUST.......NOT..........RESIST.

Curses!

Hope no one minds me hijacking this thread. Saves starting a new one.

I found the old v8 editor for Ableton that works with 9, except for some minor things which I couldn't find out what they were. The good thing is these skins will work in Ableton 8 which I use a lot as well.

There is a Max For Live skin editor but I don't have Max yet, so that's that.

So it's this or nothing. I'm just working out what goes where for the moment.

I can't edit the skins from Sonic Bloom that the OP pointed to. No idea how you did that AstraExistence, maybe you have Max for live or you just changed the settings you gave?

There are three skins I have included - ac1, ac2 and ac3. I have changed the settings like AstralExistence did and given you the settings in an included text file. Here I give you screenshots with the settings after the file name, so 'ac1_80_0_0' means that it is the ac1 skin file and the settings are:

Brightness 80
Intensity 0
Hue 0

There is nothing to stop you from just doing your own settings to taste of course, and you will probably need to depending on the brightness of your monitor. This is what works for me, so just thought I'd share.

They do work in Ableton 8 but because I worked on them in Ableton 9, they are a bit brighter and you can't change that in 8. I will most likely just rejig them and resave them for 8 and I'll put them up when I do. I should have thought of that, but there you go. Having said that I think they look pretty good in 8 and after using them, I can't go back to the other skins that are very very high contrast and hurt my eyes. Either that or they wash the whole skin out with one dominant colour which just looks crap. So these are an improvement I would say, but I will work on them some more like I said. If anything they make Ableton 8 look more like the default skin in 9 which is what I was kind of going for.

Here's how one of them looks in 8:

Here are the screenshots from 9:

ac1_80_0_0

ac1_80_10_0

ac1_80_10_270

ac1_100_10_270

ac2_80_0_0

ac2_80_10_0

ac2_80_10_270

ac2_100_10_270

ac3_80_0_0

ac3_80_10_0

ac3_80_10_270

ac3_100_10_270

Here are the files - DOWNLOAD:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/860 ... -Skins.rar

i actually found a color setup that really works but ill post it later.

I've updated them for them to work better in Live 8, so there are now 8 new variations on these. I've suffixed them with '8', so you know. But they all work both in 8 and 9 so suck it and see. In fact, the ones I adapted for 8 look better than the ones I did for 9 imho.

Live 8 Screenshots:

Live 9 Screenshots:

Brightness - 90
Intensity - 10
Hue - 270

DOWNLOAD:

Lots of things still need working on, but that's enough for now.

Looking forward to what you are going to come up with AstralExistence. Thanks for letting me hijack your thread.

I've improved the contrast on some text on one or two of the other versions. This pack now contains 10 skin variations. This is the one you want.

I've come across a couple of things that can't be done in this old skin editor. It is something like 8 years old now, so...

Guess I need Max for Live. Don't know of any other way to get at some of the variables. At least they both work in LIve 8 and 9.

DOWNLOAD:

new color scheme. this is hot. well, i think so.

AstralExistence wrote:i think this looks pretty boss. lol took me like 4 hours to get the colors right due to lives stupid color editor and color cop.

ill take cubase colors without cubase bugs thanx.
colors are based on cubase hub.

i really love this look :tu:
That is great. It is the kind of neutral look I have been going for.

Would you mind telling us how you did it? And what is 'color cop'?

The skins I did were with the old editor from Sonic Transfer. The only other way to do it is with Max for live which I can't afford coz it is 120 quid. Is there another way to edit skins in live?

Do you have a download or are you waiting to get some feedback before you finish it?

Regardless, that is a great skin. It is very neutral but has good contrast. I find the standard live skins either have too much contrast or like mine - too little.

Excellent work!

That is great. It is the kind of neutral look I have been going for.

Would you mind telling us how you did it? And what is 'color cop'?

The skins I did were with the old editor from Sonic Transfer. The only other way to do it is with Max for live which I can't afford coz it is 120 quid. Is there another way to edit skins in live?

Do you have a download or are you waiting to get some feedback before you finish it?

Regardless, that is a great skin. It is very neutral but has good contrast. I find the standard live skins either have too much contrast or like mine - too little.

Excellent work!
i don't own max for live either otherwise i would make my own theme from scratch. its pretty lame that you need to own max to make your own themes now. the only option if you don't own max is to take this http://colorcop.net/ and spend forever matching sliders until you get an exact match. it sucks but its the only way.

btw, even though i don't like the disco skin using color cop i discovered that ableton jacked the logic pro x colors 65 65 65 for disco same as logic pro x only thing, ableton doesn't work well with dark colors. i can't say anything cause i jacked the pretty light grey color from the steinberg hub :phones:

i agree, this is an awesome theme and its very easy on the eyes and not depressing in any way and makes me want to produce.

to answer your question just go to the look option in ableton and type these settings into the sliders and you will get this color.

this theme is very inspiring for me i like how it works so well with the default theme.

codec_spurt wrote: Don't have those other parameters fyi. Don't have an nVidia card mebbe why.
i actually took my nvidia card out.

i use intel now.

just adjust your intel card for your eyes. its the sliders you need to focus on.

hibidy wrote:Well, I admit, now you little geniuses have got me thinking about playing around with it :x

:borg:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”