Eventide UltraChannel Native plug-in for Free

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
UltraChannel

I reinstalled Windows, now I am sure there's no Pace crap left on my system.
It's easy if you know how

Now that I've used this for quite a while I can tell you that, at least on my system, the delay section is very buggy. Hit and miss whether it even works (the delay time parameter knob) and if it does work the settings are often not recalled when you load a project back up. This is with Reaper (32 bit) on Vista 64 bit OS.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

chk071 wrote:Even without UAC, something should not be supposed to install itself. After all it has to be some kind of installer. The common action for the OS when an audio CD is inserted should be to play it back, or show options, not to install something.
The Sony disks werent regular audio CDs, though, they were hybrid data/audio disks, and relied on the gaping security flaw that was AutoPlay to install.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

I see, that sucks indeed. Thanks for explaining.

Yeah there was a known vulnerbility in Autoplay which could execute code. It was called Autoplay.

AstralExistence wrote:
Endor-8o8 wrote:Finally got it ! It's crazy to have such a huuuuge channel strip for free...big thanks to Eventide !

yeah im not thanking them yet. i have a feeling after the cutoff date it will be quietly removed from our accounts.
Helps to read the FAQs for things like this - http://ftp.eventide.com/ljdl/www/Plugin ... l/faq.html
Q: Does the UltraChannel plug-in expire on July 8th?

A: No. The complimentary UltraChannel license has no expiration date. The free giveaway promotion ends at midnight on July 8, 2014. After that it will be available for $249.
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

Isn't funny that people are trying to sell these in the marketplace?

I guess I've seen it before with other freebies and cheapies like Waves, etc.
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

antithesist wrote:Isn't funny that people are trying to sell these in the marketplace?

I imagine the people who are selling it are probably dirt poor or something. I got a free licence myself, but I'm not going to try and sell it.. I think that is just in poor taste.
Last edited by V0RT3X on Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:borg:

I want to say that 1/8 of stuff sold was originally obtained free or very cheap. Waves one knob louder, opto comp ikm, etc. Waves GTR Solo was worth the $10 i paid for it even though that used to be free too, since I missed that window.
Last edited by arkmabat on Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

V0RT3X wrote:
antithesist wrote:Isn't funny that people are trying to sell these in the marketplace?

I imagine the people who are selling it are probably dirt poor or something. I got a free licence myself, but I'm not going to try and sell it.. I think that just in poor taste.
Have to agree, but what are you gonna do? I wonder if the free license is actually transferable? Big mistake on Eventide's part if it is.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

I think it's even weirder that the company now values it at $249. People (write or wrong) will always see it as a freebie. I'd say they will have a hard time selling it at that price for a long time to come.

I jumped on it as well. But I've only opened it once or twice... Ozone does the job for me.

I'll flog mine for $248.00! :wink:
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

I'll keep mine at $247.00!
Reality is a Condition due to Lack of Weed!

BasariStudios wrote:I'll keep mine at $247.00!
Ya' beat me! :D
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

I'm surprised they are allowing people to sell it at all if they got it free. That's insane marketing - they will never sell a single unit if there is a flourishing second hand market of people selling freebies.

without going back through the whole thread, has anyone thought it was good enough to justify the full retail price ?? i stopped reading a while ago, but only seem to remember the 'not bad for a freebie' sentiment :shrug:

Return to “Effects”