8%
Very disappointed
37%
I want my money back
8%

Total votes: 90

RELATED
PRODUCTS

So at this point, I see its 44 for, and 33 against...

BBFG# wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Seems like a reasonable difference of opinion here, to me...as long as we don't get back into the "sampler/rompler" semantics argument again ;)
Option C, Sample Player... :hihi:
It's only semantics to those that insist a player that doesn't sample is still a sampler.
To the rest of us, it is a definition of a term which denotes its actual abilities.
I knew that comment would be your version of the "Bat Signal" ;)

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
BBFG# wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Seems like a reasonable difference of opinion here, to me...as long as we don't get back into the "sampler/rompler" semantics argument again ;)
Option C, Sample Player... :hihi:
It's only semantics to those that insist a player that doesn't sample is still a sampler.
To the rest of us, it is a definition of a term which denotes its actual abilities.
I knew that comment would be your version of the "Bat Signal" ;)
I like all three. I only tire of the idiots that don't know the differences and don't want to reduce their ignorance by learning what those are.

:D no, not again, please!

44 to 34.
Stank3 is still winning.

I don't see it that way. At this time I see 25 happy people and 53 with varying degrees of unhappiness.

But does it really matter?

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

45 think it's worth the money.
28 are disappointed but don't assign worth in either direction.
7 want their money back (hence not worth it.)

I really don't understand why people are complaining, this is a great tool for songwriting and then taking them out to perform live. seriously, the people who are complaining have obviously no talent or creativity and want the software to write the music for them, if you can't make good music with this tool you can't make good music, simple.

I have all the other workstations, kontakt, halion etc etc and this by far is the best and fastest way to getting good usable sounds and layering them up quickly and effectively that are easy to fit in a mix, and then preparing them for taking out live.

buzzlegs wrote:I really don't understand why people are complaining, this is a great tool for songwriting and then taking them out to perform live. seriously, the people who are complaining have obviously no talent or creativity and want the software to write the music for them, if you can't make good music with this tool you can't make good music, simple.

I have all the other workstations, kontakt, halion etc etc and this by far is the best and fastest way to getting good usable sounds and layering them up quickly and effectively that are easy to fit in a mix, and then preparing them for taking out live.
:lol: You're too funny pal.

Where did you get your facts to make such a blatant statement?

You have no idea who these people are and what are their capabilitites.

Perhaps those complaining have come to expect more from IKM because they know IKM can do better.

It's the sounds they object to. They are not well sampled and sound inferior.

Yes, some of your other points are true; it is easy to use, it can be faster than the other instruments you mentioned. Do you want fast or good?

Some folks here have expressed they are happy with ST3. Kudos to them and I sincerely hope they enjoy ST3 to the utmost.

But just because someone says they don't like it does not give you the right to accuse them of anything. Especially not to slander them when you don't know if they can or cannot write music, or anything else they can or cannot do.

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

gone
Last edited by jacqueslacouth on Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Where did you get your facts to make such a blatant statement?

You have no idea who these people are and what are their capabilitites.

Perhaps those complaining have come to expect more from IKM because they know IKM can do better.

It's the sounds they object to. They are not well sampled and sound inferior.

Yes, some of your other points are true; it is easy to use, it can be faster than the other instruments you mentioned. Do you want fast or good?

Some folks here have expressed they are happy with ST3. Kudos to them and I sincerely hope they enjoy ST3 to the utmost.

But just because someone says they don't like it does not give you the right to accuse them of anything. Especially not to slander them when you don't know if they can or cannot write music, or anything else they can or cannot do.
I got the facts from people complaining about the library, i'll say it again, if you can't make good music with this library the fault is with you, not the library. This library is obviously targeted at a live market who don't need/want massive Gbyte patches etc etc that compete with the big libraries, they're for live use that load in secs not minutes, so yes i want fast!;)

If you can't get the sound you're after then layer them up, mess about with the settings, fine tune the fx, the sound you want will be there, you know, use your creativity!

The only thing that matters is bugs at this point, which is fine, it's only version 1, they'll be fixed in time, but to complain about the library at this stage is ridiculous.

If you don't like it, sell it and get something else that works for you, it's only a tool, why come on public forums and slag something off that a lot of people have obviously spent a long time working on just because it's not to your taste, that's a kind of slander too!;)

gone
Last edited by jacqueslacouth on Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

buzzlegs wrote:
The only thing that matters is bugs at this point, which is fine, it's only version 1, they'll be fixed in time, but to complain about the library at this stage is ridiculous.
Except for its version 3 :lol:
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

jacqueslacouth wrote:I think I can happily make good music with ST3, I just think I can make BETTER music with other tools.
if other tools you use make you a better composer then I would advise you to use other tools... i make better music on my piano than i do with my guitar, mainly because i'm rubbish at guitar!... but i don't go around complaining to all the manufactures of my guitars for not making me a better composer.

buzzlegs wrote: The only thing that matters is bugs at this point, which is fine, it's only version 1
Except that it is version 3... hence why it is called "Sampletank 3" ;)
buzzlegs wrote: they'll be fixed in time, but to complain about the library at this stage is ridiculous.
I'm sure they will, but they had nearly 10 years to make sure it was mostly working out-of-the-gate. So you can understand why people are upset.
buzzlegs wrote: If you don't like it, sell it and get something else that works for you

Oh I tried, believe me I tried... but I couldn't even find someone willing to pay the xfer fee for it, because it had devalued so much. :(
buzzlegs wrote: why come on public forums and slag something off that a lot of people have obviously spent a long time working on
Because people have paid money for something to WORK. And for a number of people, it doesn't.

Also because other people are entitled to offer/express their opinions, in the same way that you are entitled to express yours... and in their opinion, the sounds are sub-par. :shrug:
buzzlegs wrote: just because it's not to your taste
Wait a minute, YOU attacked the credibility and musicality of everyone in this thread who disagreed with your opinion.
buzzlegs wrote: people who are complaining have obviously no talent or creativity and want the software to write the music for them, if you can't make good music with this tool you can't make good music, simple.
buzzlegs wrote: I'll say it again, if you can't make good music with this library the fault is with you, not the library.

:roll:
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

Return to “Instruments”