Midi sync latency

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, i am trying to midi sync some hardware and im having some problems. I use windows and ableton live 9
i am using a scarllet 2i4 as audio interface, and i sync a korg volca beats using his midi in. I sync an ipad, via ad hock conection (wifi), and sync another pc using ethernet cable, and a program called rtp midi. So the sync is working fine, but the pcs seens to became out of sinc sometimes, and this happens only when the korg is on... So, theres something that i can do for the sync to became more precise?

Yes, use regular midi cables, no wireless or ethernet. That requires network packages and makes it slow.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

That is probably true.

The first thing to disable not to get crackles and pops and other disturbance in audio is WLAN. Usually knicks a lot of time(DPC latency) from system. So that might go for midi problems as well.

And another thing - is it midi clock or midi time code that is the base for sync?
Midi clock is less reliable, if at all since the clock is not distributed as such - each system has it's own timebase. Midi clock is not a time locking system in the same way.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”