Waves ren de esser on guitars????

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Last edited by hibidy on Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

You can use anything on anything. Split band DeEssers might work nice when you want to tame a particular frequency. I used one (regular waves deesser) on a cymbals. As for electric guitars, one problem might be is if the gain is on the high side, the spectrum would be pretty steady state, so there would be not so much difference between DeEsser and simple EQ.

Interesting. What I noticed in this viddy was that it made such a huge difference (to my ears anyways)

hibidy wrote:Interesting. What I noticed in this viddy was that it made such a huge difference (to my ears anyways)
It will, you just have to set it for split band action, as in full band it will just attenuate everything.

Xils-Lab DeeS also works perfect for these kind of tasks, and sofar have been reported to be very usefull and make wonders by sound engeeners to shape with best precision a Slap Bass, Cymabals, HH, or give presence in the 1khz and above zone, while totally preserving the integrity and dynamics of the signal. Just saying...
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Pro-DS on a whole mix has helped me in the past when I could not go back to edit the original

Lotuzia wrote:Xils-Lab DeeS also works perfect for these kind of tasks, and sofar have been reported to be very usefull and make wonders by sound engeeners to shape with best precision a Slap Bass, Cymabals, HH, or give presence in the 1khz and above zone, while totally preserving the integrity and dynamics of the signal. Just saying...
That looks like a monster, but intimidating.

meloco_go wrote: As for electric guitars, one problem might be is if the gain is on the high side, the spectrum would be pretty steady state, so there would be not so much difference between DeEsser and simple EQ.

↑ this :wink:

edit- and also for low gain I would prefer to change mic position over using deesser anytime...sounds much more natural to my ears..

hibidy wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:Xils-Lab DeeS also works perfect for these kind of tasks, and sofar have been reported to be very usefull and make wonders by sound engeeners to shape with best precision a Slap Bass, Cymabals, HH, or give presence in the 1khz and above zone, while totally preserving the integrity and dynamics of the signal. Just saying...
That looks like a monster, but intimidating.
Basically it works like this :

Move the detection freq button and then the reduction knob. There you have your classic De-Esser, except this one is fully transparent, will preserve totall clarity, integrity, and dynamics of the original signal. Essential for voices so.

You can fine tune the De-Esser with the plosive detection. Often not needed at all. Good when you need it.

Then use the EQs, if needed/desired, to go further and change the character of the voice by using the voice EQ. Good to add presence or air on a voice to the freqs near the detection frequency, to make the voice sit perfectly on background music, or music for a singer. These are crucial freqs. Impossible to do with a classic de-Esser, and still, very usefull. The EQs themseleves have received a lot of kudos on *the other pro forum*, people asking asking that we release them separately. Wich could happen in the future actually. We'll see.

And that's it. Just adapt this to any other signal like guitars, bass , cymbals/HH etc for creative works.

Its very easy, intuitive, and fast to operate. Serial protected only, and a nice demo to try and see if it fit your needs.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Cant wait until tomorrow when I'm not 3 sheets so that I can run through it and see what the devil you are talking about :D

Return to “Effects”