AU SpaceBoy equivalent?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Been looking for one for a long time. Something new from a small company came out in that vein not too long ago but I can't find it anymore, any pointers? SpaceBoy as in the smart, frequency dependent eq that takes a sidechain input and applies it to the target track to free 'mix space'.

i think you are looking for wavesfactory trackspacer.

some of the melda stuff could probably do it too (maybe mspectraldynamics?) but it's a lot more expensive that either trackspacer or the original spaceboy (which still is really cheap...)

Yep, Trackspacer. Thank you! Spaceboy has no Mac version whatsoever and yes, you can go about it a myriad of ways (even the ancient Waves C1 does frequency-based ducking well, for example), but nothing does exactly what it does apart from Trackspacer.

AmpliFuzz wrote: nothing does exactly what it does apart from Trackspacer.
AFAIK trackspacer is of completely different design /minimum phase and only 32 bands compared to linear phase FFT of SB/...so the results will never be the same, only remotely similar

and no, ancient C1 does not do freqency based ducking well /at least for me/, because its always fixed on one single frequency band which is too much limiting for any serious work...SB is much more precise and flexible same time and its a shame that it was - probably - abandoned by its creator /or at least not developed further.../ :?

I think the Melda MDynamicEq will do that with its side-chain input but it only has 5 bands.
http://www.meldaproduction.com/plugins/ ... MDynamicEq

Return to “Effects”