The official Prodyon SHORTNOISE 2 thread

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sorry, I didn't mean to suggest that you should undersell your work or give it away for free (and your libraries HAVE been priced WAY too cheap in the past).

It's just that it feels like they've gone from being too low, to being too high. IDK, maybe there is a sweet spot somewhere between the two?

I certainly don't doubt that you have spent a lot of time working on it, and again I didn't mean to imply that.

Take care.
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQZCYC2PUxw

Another in-progress video. This showcases the modulation possibilities of S2.
NOTE: The LCD has some white elements. This is because i´m currently switching the default layout/skin to a white colour scheme. (5 different Skins will be included in the release).

sonicfire wrote:And i can fully understand the containment and the doubts: The pre-order period for S1-customers will be extended until the end of August.
Thats only "logical" since you move the release date 4 weeks further. One Question: Is the content from SH1 which will be in SH2 somehow changed/modified or it is only the same stuff?
Thanks for Attention!
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

valerian_777 wrote:
sonicfire wrote:And i can fully understand the containment and the doubts: The pre-order period for S1-customers will be extended until the end of August.
Thats only "logical" since you move the release date 4 weeks further. One Question: Is the content from SH1 which will be in SH2 somehow changed/modified or it is only the same stuff?
Thanks for Attention!
The S1 Instruments will be re-created using the same source WAV-files.
But they will most likely be "improved" in terms of realtime-modulation / sound-shaping and effects.
The S1 multis will find their way into S2 as well, but mostly different / with different options / sounds and so on...

Hope that helps :)

EDIT: double post

News will follow soon. Stay tuned!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgfKqBkGm58

In case anyone missed it: Shortnoise 1 multis demonstration.

Shortnoise 2 will feature all that with tons of control over the sounds.

Here is a longer video which demonstrates all the features and functions of the upcoming SHORTNOISE 2. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ETpZ8CdDiw

Watching the 30min video and I must admit this does look very cool! Question though from the video, can you save the sequencer patterns as user presets to be recalled later on different patches? Same with the Gate? Gate is less important, but I can already imagine scenarios where one could spend a lot of time creating a sequence with all those modulation options, and it would be a shame to not be able to save them!

Also, as a SN1 owner I'm curious how much new content there will be vs re-created SN1 in SN2?

Thanks again and keep up the great work!

edit: - may I make a suggestion. When you have a parameter, and then other parameters underneath in a list that control things related to the first parameter, to make them grouped together somehow? For example, if you look at your FX page you have huge lists of parameters to control, the first of which being Flanger. Then you have depth (which relates to the flanger) speed (which relates to the flanger) color (which relates to the flanger) feedback (which relates to the flanger), then Lowpass (EQ) Reso (which I'm assuming is resonance for the EQ) then Delay, etc. So its hard to know when one type of FX ends and the other begins (i.e. is the Lowpass for the flanger or a full low pass EQ?). Maybe you can either color code them so all the Flanger parameters are one color, EQ another, Delay another, etc, or figure out some other way to organize them, but this seems to be a common problem when looking a the huge lists of parameters for any given section of SN2.

Again just a suggestion, but it might help make it more user friendly.

p.s. I really hope there is a good manual as this thing looks DEEP! :)

All the best.
My progressive rock band - free demos here!! (and if you do listen please let me know what you think!) http://www.aeonsatori.com/news/free-downloads

One last question (for now, haha!). Will you by chance have any sort of playable demo patch or multi available before the preorder for SN1 customers is over? I must admit I liked the youtube demos of SN1, but it was the downloadable demo pack that sold me! Hopefully the same thing will happen if you are able to provide a few playable demo patches before the preorder sale expires. I guess you could say SN1 is like a demo for SN2, but I really want to see first hand what the improvements are in SN2 and really mess with it, even if its just one patch and one multi (dont remember how many patches were part of the SN1 demo, but again there were enough to blow me away and preorder it then, so hopefully the same thing can happen with SN2! :-)

Also, may I ask why the preorder for SN1 customers ends at the end of August when the instrument isn't scheduled to be released until October?

Thanks again for everything! I'm very excited to see more of this instrument, and hopefully be able to demo it in my studio!!
My progressive rock band - free demos here!! (and if you do listen please let me know what you think!) http://www.aeonsatori.com/news/free-downloads

Hi LGK_Dude,

thanks very much for your comments and suggestions!

LOAD/SAVE: Yes, everything can be saved as a preset and thus re-called at any time.
Concerning the MOD section: it is storeable as one single preset (so it includes the gate as well).

SOUNDS: The whole SN1 content (instruments) will be there more or less (guess not all multis will be copied 1:1 - you´ll have a lot of variations). The instruments/multis are now sorted like this:
  • AR Arp
    BS Bass
    BS Brass
    DR Drones
    KY Keys
    LD Lead
    PD Pad
    PR Percussion
    PL Plucked
    RH Rhythmic
    FX SoundFX
    TX Textures
    VO Vox
So, the new SN2 instruments will be spread around on these categories (around 150-200% new content).

GUI: Yes, that´s something on my todo list: making the layout a bit more clear, especially in the FX section.
I´m pretty sure i´ll find a way out of this dilemma. (May it be using colour coding or changing sliders...)

PRE-ORDER: The pre-ordering has been extended till the end of September - i apologize for not making this more clear in the first place. So, there´s plenty of time left.

Demo-patches/instruments will definately come, i had this idea to release a "daily instrument", starting on the first of september. Still *much* work to do... either way - you will be able to testdrive SN2 directly in Kontakt before buying.

Hope that helps :)

I´ve updated most of the sections. You now have (most of the time) a proper value "readout", even though it´s hard-baked into the slider graphics. But this should make editing much more comfortable.
shortnoise_lcd_osc.jpg
Also the FX section layout has been changed (less clutter):
shortnoise_lcd_fx.jpg
Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Awesome!! The organizing of the slider parameters + the value readouts is MUCH better!! Great job!!!

LGK_Dude wrote:Awesome!! The organizing of the slider parameters + the value readouts is MUCH better!! Great job!!!
Thank you :)

Return to “Soundware”